Electric Meteors and Meteorites

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

redeye

Re: Meteor Triggers Earthquake?

Unread post by redeye » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:37 pm

5.9 earthquake hits Indonesia

Don't know if this is relevant, there seems to have been a series of quakes in the Indonesian region.

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

FS3

VIDEO from meteor impact/Hungary

Unread post by FS3 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:20 am

Nice video from an impact in Hungary on 28 February, 2010- at 11:25 p.m., local time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Or61kYth8

FS3

squiz

Meteors Electromagnetic effects caught on Video!

Unread post by squiz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi Guys haven't posted for a while. Check out this video. We have some streetlights being affected as well as a discharge I thought was lightning,(I suppose it is) with twin streamers, reasonably symetrical too.

Poor quality but those streetlights are definately being affected.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvxCPQLgD8g

solrey

Re: Meteors Electromagnetic effects caught on Video!

Unread post by solrey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Welcome back squiz. Thanks for posting that. Brings back the memory from about 25 years ago a buddy and me were out stargazing one night and were treated to a spectacular, huge hollywood doomsday looking meteor. Wild.

I think meteors will induce an atmospheric discharge, especially larger ones. That was a way cool meteor, it sort of looks like an exploding capacitor, but I think the maker of that video is also (generally) confused by a lot of normal, mundane stuff. I don't recall any reports about power or internet outages with this one like there have been with a few others. Those two streaks or trails in the still frame of the bright flash look like simple jet con-trails to me. Lots of those contrails crossing the sky day and night in the midwest. The images from the security camera seem to show a small bright sphere/meteor suddenly appear in the distance in the first frame and a closer large bright flash in the next frame. I think that's just a result of many security cams running at one frame per second or less. The low fps is why the motion in most security videos is jerky and not fluid. The police car dash cam probably has an automatic aperture to adjust for any lighting condition so the streetlights dimming in that segment might just be the result of the cameras automatic response to the bright flash combined with a sluggish frame rate of maybe 15 or 20 fps. Briefly shining a flashlight on a light sensitive camera would produce the same effect of lights in the background appearing to dim. I think the only thing unusual is that it was bigger than most meteors.

cheers
“Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
Nikola Tesla

squiz

Unread post by squiz » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:22 am

Thanks for your thoughts Sorley, Good call on the contrails that didn't occur to me, not too common a sight from where I'm from. I think your right with that one.
I still think the street lights are flickering from EM interference as the flickering continues slightly after the large flash. I had considered camera effects originally, but I can't get past the fact that it looks exactly as you'd expect from interference.
Thanx.

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:54 am

Solrey: you took the words straight out of my mind! I viewed the video first and the very first thought was that the fireball explosion had revealed the contrails silhouetted against a thin cirrus overcast, and then I noticed that the automatic dash-cam had apertured down just a fraction of a second after the blast lit up the local trees etc., precisely as they are programmed to do. A lot like our eyes' pupils...
Then I read your post. I think we're in synch on this one!
Jim

Doureios

Impact in Colombia

Unread post by Doureios » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:58 am

There was a meteor impact in santader Colombia a couple of days ago..

Still they have no images of a crater of something solid from the official news agencys but there is a very interesting video about the event on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DsOqutI ... r_embedded

Don't know if it's real but it doesn't look like a meteor to me... more like a twin current.. any ideas?

audrey

Re: Impact in Colombia

Unread post by audrey » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:58 am

Yes this is very interesting, also no international news have reported this, so to me it looks like they are hidding something.
This does look like twin current or thunder of some kind.
Any one with more on this? ;)

Doureios

Unread post by Doureios » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:41 am

It was reported in the Colombian news..

http://colombiareports.com/colombia-new ... ombia.html

there are also several videos..

With translation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7k9LcSN ... re=related

Only Spanish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9juAdD9 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3SOHkJ1 ... re=related

I don't know if there are any reports in other countries.. here in Greece where i live nothing was reported in the media..

Dotini

Unread post by Dotini » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:34 am

http://colombiareports.com/colombia-new ... -site.html

A thousand searchers have so far failed to find any sign of an impact.

Doureios

Unread post by Doureios » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:24 am

This "conspiracy" site says that in February there was another such impact in Mexico that was also not reported by the media..

Don't know about the credibility of such sources but i'm giving the link anyway for anyone that is interested..

http://theintelhub.com/2010/09/06/aster ... buries-it/

The Colombia event anyway is real since the local news keep reporting it... what would be really interesting to be true though is the first video that i posted (the only one existing so far) that clearly shows something else..

Has anyone any idea if it is real?

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 am

I have a tough time seeing that bright twin-tailed object as being a high speed meteor destined to be an 'impactor' on Earth. That thing was not falling, it was hanging almost motionless in the sky in the video... I think that was some sort of video artifact in their camera, or perhaps some old footage of a comet or something.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:07 am

This photographer needs to invest in a camera with El Mejor image stabilization if anyone is going to see and identify anything useful from this clip! Maybe a tripod and a remote? As there is no horizon reference and severe moiré patterning, we have no idea in which direction it is pointing. It could be a gas tank rupture on a hillside with a double leak and resultant flame pattern, for all I can tell. The image of a comet or meteor fireball is a still, as it does not move WRT the background cloudscape - is that a file photo or the pre0impact image of the event that left no crater?

Between you and me I don't think we can draw a single conclusion from any of what was presented on the YouTube videos.

Jim

Doureios

Unread post by Doureios » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:41 pm

I agree jjohnson, the video is very inconclusive but it is the only one that claims to have capture the event..

I don't speak Spanish in order to understand something from the comments or the other videos.. maybe someone that speaks Spanish can enlight us..

What is absolutely sure is that what is presented in the video is not a comet.. it's something else.. and there is a reference to the horizon for some small periods that the video zooms out.. the quality is bad but you can get an idea of what is where..

It doesn't looks like a video artifact... it can be a fire..

keeha

Unread post by keeha » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:52 pm

Columbia television news translated on youtube by elojoquetodolove2020. TV station logo looks like 'RCV' NOTICIAS:

Reported by the reporter-
At noon the residents of Bucaramanga, they noticed the sky even more clear than usual,
about 2:30 pm a multicolor line skirted the sky

Interview of an eyewitness-
"What I saw was a light that began as in white, blue, purple, fuchsia and yellow wing. I was watchin the people doing the paragliding then I was suprised by that light, I thought that was a sort of lightings but when I saw its elongated shape.."