Feb 15 Meteorite(s) hit Russia - Analysis

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

viscount aero

Re: Feb 15 Meteorite(s) hit Russia - Analysis

Unread post by viscount aero » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:03 pm

GaryN wrote:If it was to be shown that most meteors produce those flashes at a constant altitude, then I would have to think there is a region with a much higher electron density, perhaps at the mesosphere-stratosphere boundary?
I have posted (pages and pages ago) other video footages of meteor entries and they all have the dual flash and dual bulge trail profile. I would assume from this repeated structure that yes there IS an altitude where such interaction takes place. It must be. Else why the repeated meteor trail characteristics? There exists a pattern here that is typical. The entry profiles are the experimental evidence for this.
GaryN wrote:I just had an email reply from Mr Korotev in Saint Louis:
Meteorites hit the ground at terminal velocity, 100-200 mph. All meteorites that we have impacted at that speed.

I have never heard anyone else suggest that electrical discharge was involved with forming meteorites. Interesting idea.
Hmm. He is that unaware of electrical phenomena? How can the mainstream embrace separation of charge in thunderstorms but entirely overlook ionization of meteor trails? (!) What would ionization tend to do at the outset? (HINT: separate charge!)

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:03 pm

I saw three flashes. Two were very close together..... :?
Would be interesting to interview someone closer to the event... ;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Sparky wrote:I saw three flashes. Two were very close together..... :?
Would be interesting to interview someone closer to the event... ;)
Some others said that about the Russian meteor, but there are 2 main bright flashes. The third is much smaller. The tail that is leftover is in 2 distinct bulges.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:46 pm

The third is much smaller.
:?

How many times a night can you flash without getting depleted? ;)

:D
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:07 pm

Sparky wrote:
The third is much smaller.
:?

How many times a night can you flash without getting depleted? ;)

:D
Isn't flashing illegal?

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:11 am

Sparky wrote:It is interesting how the "front" half of the rock is pockmarked with discharge craters and gouges.
I think the meteorite’s “front” is down in this image. Look how it approximates the shape of the re-entry capsules used in the space program. The meteorite’s shape was sculpted by ablation.

This is the NASA Stardust capsule which landed in the Utah desert.

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:58 am

Maol wrote:
Sparky wrote:It is interesting how the "front" half of the rock is pockmarked with discharge craters and gouges.
I think the meteorite’s “front” is down in this image. Look how it approximates the shape of the re-entry capsules used in the space program. The meteorite’s shape was sculpted by ablation.

This is the NASA Stardust capsule which landed in the Utah desert.

Excellent observation !

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:17 am

viscount!!!??? A meteorite is comparable to a space capsule??!! :!: :?: :roll:
An absurd argument!

maol, you may be correct, I really don't know which end is which. It was a guess.
And ablation may very well leave a smoother surface...thanks

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:56 am

Sparky wrote:viscount!!!??? A meteorite is comparable to a space capsule??!! :!: :?: :roll:
An absurd argument!

maol, you may be correct, I really don't know which end is which. It was a guess.
And ablation may very well leave a smoother surface...thanks
Well he made a compelling observation. It would take more insight beyond only visual comparisons to deduce if his idea holds merit. I was only reacting 8-)

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:05 am

I was only reacting 8-)
I was only reacting..... :D

Which end came through atmosphere first? :?

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:10 am

Sparky wrote:
I was only reacting 8-)
I was only reacting..... :D

Which end came through atmosphere first? :?
I would assume the smoother side is the melted re-entry face of the rock. The porous pockmarked side is the leeward side.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:22 pm

The side that shows discharge craters; would that suggest that current was coming into

that side and the asteroid was part of a circuit? :?

We have noticed two, three, or more flashes. Could circuit terminate at earth, through the atmosphere with dark mode discharge.. :?

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Sparky wrote:The side that shows discharge craters; would that suggest that current was coming into

that side and the asteroid was part of a circuit? :?

We have noticed two, three, or more flashes. Could circuit terminate at earth, through the atmosphere with dark mode discharge.. :?
I always thought the porosity of meteorites derived from their being chunks of volcanic rocks flung out from massive events far far away. They were once magma in other words.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Yes, they could have been involved in an electrical event(s) before our atmosphere.

Look at a large image of this asteroid. The discharge craters are rather small. We can assume that the entire asteroid was covered like that before it hit our atmosphere. What environment would produce those? :? Fissioning from a larger asteroid? ;)

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Sparky wrote:Yes, they could have been involved in an electrical event(s) before our atmosphere.

Look at a large image of this asteroid. The discharge craters are rather small. We can assume that the entire asteroid was covered like that before it hit our atmosphere. What environment would produce those? :? Fissioning from a larger asteroid? ;)
Well I'm saying the meteors/asteroids were molten ejecta, they were melted then cooled. Volcanic rock looks almost the same, full of holes/air pockets. Whatever forms meteors is probably also the mechanism that hurls them into outer space. I would assume this is how Mars got its moons, too. Those are just giant chunks of the planet itself probably hurled into escape velocity then remained captured by the Martian gravity. Or they are captured from the asteroid belt. The asteroid belt was probably a planet like Mars (or a planetoid or moon) that became destroyed in a cataclysm that we can only ever imagine. I would assume, too, that is where many of our comets came from: flung out of the asteroid belt as they look like asteroids. Whatever they are the comets are, too, probably remains of cataclysmic ejecta. I would put them about in the same era and event that destroyed the Martian surface. I think Mars is a linchpin clue to our solar system's history--at least one of them.