Hurricane eyes - hexagon-shaped holes?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Osmosis

Re: Hurricane eyes - hexagon-shaped holes?

Unread post by Osmosis » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 pm

Could it be that hurricane eyes are another hexagon-shaped crater in a plasma cloud? If the EU scales, perhaps the storm is just another plasma discharge, under all that rain. :o

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:35 am

Was there any one in specific you felt was particularly hexagonal? I guess I'm not quite seeing it. Though, from various articles about electrical activity in the eye walls and the electric fields measured over some of them, I've no doubt that there can be a significant electrical character to the bad boys...

Whether it's a driving force or a byproduct is yet to be determined. But it's interesting either way.

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

ElecGeekMom

Unread post by ElecGeekMom » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:33 am

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:16 pm

Don't know what's wrong with Michael, today, I saw those hexagonal eyes right away :!: ;)
Wind shear in the wall clouds of the hurricane must have a huge effect on the electrical environment of the eye.
We see how this results in hexagonal structure in a variety of fields at several different scales including the remarkable north polar cloud hexagon on Saturn. I'm all for a less chaotic interpretation of eye structure than is commonly given.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:43 pm

Actually, though I notice the hexagonal shape in a few, the first polygonal one (#3 I think) looks five-sided, not six. Nevertheless, it's all very interesting stuff indeed. I can't help but notice the similarity between hurricane pictures such as these, and some of the galaxy images we see. Hmmmm.

Cheers, Dave Smith.

PS - Great find, Mom!
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:03 pm

:o Diocotron instabilities, causing hurricane eyes? This would be very hard to instrument! :idea: