ATTN!! QUESTIONS FOR WAL THORNHILL!

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Michael Goodspeed

ATTN!! QUESTIONS FOR WAL THORNHILL!

Unread post by Michael Goodspeed » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:39 pm

Ok Folks,

I've been terribly derelict to not post this query earlier, but here goes...

In about 24 hours, I'm going to be interviewing Wal Thornhill on the general topic of "the most common misconceptions of the electric universe." We'll be addressing the incorrect assertions about EU promulgated by the Internet guerrilla warriors, most of whose names are well-known to the frequenters of this forum. I'd like for users to post here any questions they might have for Wal on said topic. Where misconceptions exist, they need to be exposed in no uncertain terms!! The interview is only going to be roughly 30 minutes, so I'm obviously limited in the number of questions I can ask.

Your help will be much appreciated!!

Michael Goodspeed

rangerover777

Re: ATTN!! QUESTIONS FOR WAL THORNHILL!

Unread post by rangerover777 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:47 am

Michael,

What are the incorrect assertions about the EU?
Who are the internet guerilla worriors ?
Can you give some names please.
Sorry I could not understand the main line of the interview, maybe you can elaborate.

Thanks

Michael Goodspeed

Unread post by Michael Goodspeed » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:41 am

rangerover777 wrote:Michael,

What are the incorrect assertions about the EU?
Who are the internet guerilla worriors ?
Can you give some names please.
Sorry I could not understand the main line of the interview, maybe you can elaborate.

Thanks
Some samples of what I consider incorrect assertions about EU promulgated on the Internet...

"Sure, the electric force is much stronger than gravity at the sub-atomic level, but at the macrocosmic level gravity is incomparably more powerful." And, "Charge separation in space is immediately neutralized..." And, "the electric universe rewrites the known laws of physics." I'm not quoting a specific individual here -- these are some of the general claims that I've seen EU critics make in various Internet forums in recent years.

Those I consider "Internet guerrilla warriors" would include the individuals who contributed to Wikipedia's shameful treatment of its (now deleted) entry on the EU. I don't think I need to name any names -- we've already had lengthy discussions about at least one such individual here.

I'll rephrase my question slightly: Have you personally encountered what you consider an incorrect assertion about the Electric Universe? If so, what was asserted?

I just wanted to give some of our members the chance to ask Wal a direct question (without deviating from the interview's main topic).

substance

Unread post by substance » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:25 pm

So what happened with the interview? You said 24 hrs, that was 5 days ago.
My personal blog about science, technology, society and politics. - Putredo Mundi

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:30 pm

To my understanding there was a technical glitch which prevented the interview from going ahead as planned. It will be conducted at the earliest convenience, and we sincerely apologise for the delay.

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster