Nuclear Decay Varies With Earth-Sun Distance

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Dotini

Re: Nuclear Decay Varies With Earth-Sun Distance

Unread post by Dotini » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Here are two papers arguing against Fischbach, Jenkins, and Sturrock.

http://arxiv.org/abs/0810.3265
http://arxiv.org/abs/0809.4248

earls

Unread post by earls » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:11 pm

"No significant deviations from exponential decay are observed over a range of 0.7 - 1.6 A.U."

Weak. The Solar System is almost 40 AU. Come back with a real sample.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Rapid Increase in Radioactive Decay Rate from Electricity
* The http://creationscience.com online book has a lot of good EU related info. I just posted some on the C14 Dating method etc at http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 016#p70016. Here's part of what it says about greatly changing radioactive decay rates with electricity.
- Beta decay rates can increase dramatically when atoms are stripped of all their electrons. In 1999, Germany’s Dr. Fritz Bosch showed that, for the rhenium atom, this decreases its half-life more than a billionfold—from 42 billion years to 33 years.16 The more electrons removed, the more rapidly neutrons expel electrons (beta decay) and become protons. This effect was previously unknown, because only electrically neutral atoms had been used in measuring half-lives.17
... The Ukrainian experiments described on page 347 show that a high-energy, Z-pinched beam of electrons inside a solid produces superheavy elements that quickly fission into different elements that are typical of those in earth’s crust. Fusion and fission occur simultaneously, each contributing to the other—and to rapid decay.
* I think beta decay is the decay of a neutron to a proton, so the atomic number goes up by one, while the atomic mass goes down by one.
* Of course, what this means is that conventional dating methods, based on the assumption that radioactive decay rates are constant, are likely highly unreliable under various electrical conditions.

sjw40364

Unread post by sjw40364 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Lloyd wrote:Rapid Increase in Radioactive Decay Rate from Electricity
* The http://creationscience.com online book has a lot of good EU related info. I just posted some on the C14 Dating method etc at http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... 016#p70016. Here's part of what it says about greatly changing radioactive decay rates with electricity.
- Beta decay rates can increase dramatically when atoms are stripped of all their electrons. In 1999, Germany’s Dr. Fritz Bosch showed that, for the rhenium atom, this decreases its half-life more than a billionfold—from 42 billion years to 33 years.16 The more electrons removed, the more rapidly neutrons expel electrons (beta decay) and become protons. This effect was previously unknown, because only electrically neutral atoms had been used in measuring half-lives.17
... The Ukrainian experiments described on page 347 show that a high-energy, Z-pinched beam of electrons inside a solid produces superheavy elements that quickly fission into different elements that are typical of those in earth’s crust. Fusion and fission occur simultaneously, each contributing to the other—and to rapid decay.
* I think beta decay is the decay of a neutron to a proton, so the atomic number goes up by one, while the atomic mass goes down by one.
* Of course, what this means is that conventional dating methods, based on the assumption that radioactive decay rates are constant, are likely highly unreliable under various electrical conditions.
Agreed. Add in David Talbot's evidence that the close past was once more active, and dating really becomes a speculative event.

Oracle_911

Unread post by Oracle_911 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:48 am

I just read this thread and came up in my mind few old/ancient texts and epic tale:
1st is an Vedic text (I'm not sure): "the God channels trough Sun and stars 3 types of energy"
2nd the epic tale Edda, when the wizard (much more likely an ancient engineer) sat for young mans, old mans and maidens (if I'm unclear blame the Google translate) and after some technical difficulty they were able set sail
3d the Tesla's writing/interview about neutrons (much likely he talked about neutrinos), how they causing radioactive decay for uranium etc.

So I came up this radioactive decay depends on these things:
- electric or electro-magnetic fields & electric currents
- the neutrino flux
- strong neutrino flow from radioactive materials/devices are actually reflected and changed neutrinos (not elastic but rather plastic collision).

So Tesla talked about a device which was able harness electrical energy without inter-mediators like radioactive materials. I think it was trough special EM fields. (Lets call that device naquadah generator, if you know what I mean. ;) )

Webolife wrote something about telluric currents, less know fact is the dispersion of isotopes are changing in underground waters before the earthquakes.
Webolife forgot something, the piezoelectric effect works both ways. So if you smart enough you know what I'm suggesting. :ugeek:
Standpoint of "scientists": If reality doesn`t match with my theory, than reality has a problem.

Sorry for bad English and aggressive tone, i`m not native speaker.

PS: I`m a chemist.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Oracle,
I agree with your inference about the symmetry of the piezoelectric effect. Electrigravitation [whether Sansbury's view or some other] may be one manifestation. Thermodynamics and Newton's third law both speak to the observation that energy conversion includes this symmetry, but don't you forget there is always some Entropy in the mix!
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Ionizing Radioactive Atoms Makes Them Decay a Billion Times Faster
* Has this been reported anywhere before? All I've heard of till now is that the rate of decay can be increased by a small amount by other means. But what I quoted above says radioactive Rhenium decays over a billion times faster when all of its electrons are stripped off. So the same may be true for other radioactive elements. This is what German Dr. Fritz Bosch found in 1999 for Rhenium, as reported in “Setting a Cosmic Clock with Highly Charged Ions,” Physica Scripta, Vol. T80, 1999, p. 34 and in “Observation of Bound-State b- Decay of Fully Ionized 187Re,” Physical Review Letters, Vol. 77, 23 December 1996, p. 5190.
* The Ukranian experiments also mentioned above may be even more useful.
* I suppose it's not so easy to strip off all of the electrons from an atom though. It takes a lot of heat or pressure, or maybe strong electric or magnetic fields, which may be able to produce both the heat and the pressure.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Interesting post, Lloyd.
I'm wondering if there is any research that would indicate the possibility that ionization of heavy or radioactive atoms might happen as a cascading or chain reaction effect; in other words, might it be possible to achieve ionization in such atoms with a lower current input?
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Oracle_911

Unread post by Oracle_911 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:42 am

Webolife I think we misinterpret the entropy, its not the disorder of the system, its the systems tendency to become homogeneous.

In some paper there was described an experiment with gold isotopes (it was posted here), the result was the x anti-neutrinos doesn't affect the radioactive decay of gold atoms and the neutrinos doesn't affect the radioactive decay in general. With the first statement i can agree and with the second one don't.

The reason is simple, what if the radioactive decay is triggered by another kind neutrino and after the trigger the neutrino changes its flavor to x anti-neutrino in case of gold. And what if it is the other radioactive decays are triggered by neutrino with greater energy and after the trigger became less energetic.
We are talking about neutral atoms, what if after loosing few "electrons" the "atom nucleus" became less stable, but then the current atom model (preferred by many, for example by Michale V) is utterly wrong.

Ad Edda epic tale and the ships oarsmans/oarswomans used by wizard:
-the maidens meant the electron-neutrinos (less then 2.2 eV)
-the old mans (in times of this epic tale man over 40 was considered old) meant muon-neutrinos (less then 170 keV)
-the young mans meant the tau-neutrinos (less then 15.5 MeV)
Standpoint of "scientists": If reality doesn`t match with my theory, than reality has a problem.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Not wishing to distract from the thread topic, but my view of entropy is not a chaotic one either; in fact for me order depends on entropy which I take as the result of the predominantly "centropic" holding force of the universe. In any local interaction some net energy goes to the "squeezing" of the local system. An atom is a locus, but as I see it also the universe is a locus.

RayTomes

Unread post by RayTomes » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:30 am

Nuclear decay rates are not as constant as people generally suppose. Russian researchers have made long term study of nuclear decay, with measurements at intervals of 1 minute, 1 second and even less for many decades. They have found variations with period 1 year, 1 lunar month and 1 day, all matching astronomical configurations.

http://www.cyclesresearchinstitute.org/ ... n9810d.pdf

About 1995 I asked for some of the Russian data because I believed that cycles of 3 and 6 minutes might also exist in that data. I received data and found that such cycles did indeed exist. These cycles were confirmed by Dr Udaltsova as existing throughout 18 years of measurements at 1 minute intervals. The period of the oscillations varies by about 5% over periods of an hour or more.

My reason for expecting these cycles was that the inner planets are spaced roughly on the nodes of a 6 minute standing wave from the Sun, making them 3 light minutes apart. IMO there are standing electromagnetic waves of periods 160, 80, 6 and 3 minutes centred on the Sun. The longer periods relate to the outer planets and the shorter to the inner planets.
Ray Tomes
Web site : YouTube : Blog

Oracle_911

Unread post by Oracle_911 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:29 am

webolife wrote:Not wishing to distract from the thread topic, but my view of entropy is not a chaotic one either; in fact for me order depends on entropy which I take as the result of the predominantly "centropic" holding force of the universe. In any local interaction some net energy goes to the "squeezing" of the local system. An atom is a locus, but as I see it also the universe is a locus.

Then what is your problem with the neutrino induced radioactive decay theory?

Goldminer

Unread post by Goldminer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:59 pm

RayTomes wrote:Nuclear decay rates are not as constant as people generally suppose. Russian researchers have made long term study of nuclear decay, with measurements at intervals of 1 minute, 1 second and even less for many decades. They have found variations with period 1 year, 1 lunar month and 1 day, all matching astronomical configurations.

http://www.cyclesresearchinstitute.org/ ... n9810d.pdf

About 1995 I asked for some of the Russian data because I believed that cycles of 3 and 6 minutes might also exist in that data. I received data and found that such cycles did indeed exist. These cycles were confirmed by Dr Udaltsova as existing throughout 18 years of measurements at 1 minute intervals. The period of the oscillations varies by about 5% over periods of an hour or more.

My reason for expecting these cycles was that the inner planets are spaced roughly on the nodes of a 6 minute standing wave from the Sun, making them 3 light minutes apart. IMO there are standing electromagnetic waves of periods 160, 80, 6 and 3 minutes centred on the Sun. The longer periods relate to the outer planets and the shorter to the inner planets.
Ray Tomes=genius! All the "ballistic particle theorists" miss most of physics. The Universe is a fantastic tune. Not only is it an Electric Universe, it is equally an Harmonic Universe. Are you able to appear in the upcoming EU conference?
I sense a disturbance in the farce.

RayTomes

Unread post by RayTomes » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Goldminer wrote:...
Ray Tomes=genius! All the "ballistic particle theorists" miss most of physics. The Universe is a fantastic tune. Not only is it an Electric Universe, it is equally an Harmonic Universe. Are you able to appear in the upcoming EU conference?
When and where is it? Is it in January? If so, then not possible. I will be traveling thru Florida to Europe next spring/summer if that fits anything.
Ray Tomes
Web site : YouTube : Blog

Goldminer

Unread post by Goldminer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 pm

RayTomes wrote:
Goldminer wrote:...
When and where is it? Is it in January? If so, then not possible. I will be traveling thru Florida to Europe next spring/summer if that fits anything.
January 3-6, 2013; Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. The Tipping Point

If you can't make it, how about sending a video lecture? You are one very valuable asset in my book!
I sense a disturbance in the farce.