Nuclear Decay Varies With Earth-Sun Distance

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

junglelord

Re: The Sun is breaking the rules of chemistry! Any Guesses?

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:45 pm

Anyone who has studied the work of antigravity expert TT Brown, will know that every process in the universe is effected by the passage and distance of bodies of mass from one another....everything varies with the cycles of the planets and moons and sun. Everything from petrovolotics to nuclear decay. The work of Blazelabs would indicate that gravity itself is variable and that you get the most gravity on the winter solstice and the least gravity at the summer solstice. I know as a orthopedic/osteopathic therapist, that more spinal dysfunction of a severe acute nature occurs during the sping and fall equinox. The cycle of the human organs is well known by chinese doctors.

The cyclic role of nature should be a big clue, but many so called scientist are very thick when it comes to seeing the ovbious.

If you do not understand the cyclic nature of the universe, then your still learning...but do not give up.

The relationships of spin domains from atomic to galactic all play a role in this massive spirograph.
The spin is the thing and it don't mean a thing if it don't have that spin. Spin, distance, resonance, the three amigos. The spiral scalar is the archetype geometry, hence we have spiral galaxies. Sacred Geometry helps to explain a lot of these relationships of cycles. In the end nothing is measurable as non variable when it comes to cycles of relationships once you factor in the effects of the stars, moons, planets. Everything varies, everything cycles. Thats my spin.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Stan

Re: Nuclear Decay Varies With Earth-Sun Distance

Unread post by Stan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Well, Junglelord, I wonder if others missed it, but I was on the floor laughing.

The spin is the thing and it don't mean a thing if it don't have that spin. :) :D

+1/2 -1/2 Do wah! Thanks there, dukie.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:10 pm

I am a drummer influnced by Gene Krupa, Freddy Gruber, Neil Peart...it is all about orbital motion.

Of course swing is all orbital motion, as a drummer, that is the way to make it swing.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:11 am

You are right Kschalm, russian scientists have been studying this for years.

Found a TPOD about it too: http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/ ... fossil.htm

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

FS3

The Coronal Holes and how our Sun rotates...

Unread post by FS3 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:14 am

The mentioned "anomaly" was said to be occuring in a 33-day pattern...

See from PhysOrgCom: "The strange case of solar flares and radioactive elements".
A surprise

Going back to take another look at the decay data from the Brookhaven lab, the researchers found a recurring pattern of 33 days. It was a bit of a surprise, given that most solar observations show a pattern of about 28 days - the rotation rate of the surface of the sun.

The explanation? The core of the sun - where nuclear reactions produce neutrinos - apparently spins more slowly than the surface we see. "It may seem counter-intuitive, but it looks as if the core rotates more slowly than the rest of the sun," Sturrock said.

All of the evidence points toward a conclusion that the sun is "communicating" with radioactive isotopes on Earth, said Fischbach.

But there's one rather large question left unanswered. No one knows how neutrinos could interact with radioactive materials to change their rate of decay...
The Harvey rotation rate, or the polar rotation period, is 33 days.

Automated Detection of EUV Polar Coronal Holes During Solar Cycle 23
A new method for automated detection of polar coronal holes is presented. This method, called perimeter tracing, uses a series of 171, 195, and 304 \AA\ full disk images from the Extreme ultraviolet Imaging Telescope (EIT) on SOHO over solar cycle 23 to measure the perimeter of polar coronal holes as they appear on the limbs. Perimeter tracing minimizes line-of-sight obscurations caused by the emitting plasma of the various wavelengths by taking measurements at the solar limb. Perimeter tracing also allows for the polar rotation period to emerge organically from the data as 33 days. We have called this the Harvey rotation rate and count Harvey rotations starting 4 January 1900. From the measured perimeter, we are then able to fit a curve to the data and derive an area within the line of best fit. We observe the area of the northern polar hole area in 1996, at the beginning of solar cycle 23, to be about 4.2% of the total solar surface area and about 3.6% in 2007. The area of the southern polar hole is observed to be about 4.0% in 1996 and about 3.4% in 2007. Thus, both the north and south polar hole areas are no more than 15% smaller now than they were at the beginning of cycle 23. This compares to the polar magnetic field measured to be about 40% less now than it was a cycle ago...
To conclude that the observed effect could be connected to the "inside of the sun" seems to be much too premature, although - as we don't know anything about the inside of our sun. But what we can observe is the connection to the variation at the poles.

The next step would be to check what's so special about the poles of our sun...

:D

Kristian Olaf Bernhard Birkeland is just dancing.
FS3

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:18 am

— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

larryduane100

Unread post by larryduane100 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:07 am

Great thread! It's a good time to post this observation: Plasma is scalar. Some galaxies eject quasars. Some stars eject matter(CME's). Some atoms eject matter(beta decay). How they affect each other could be interesting!
larryduane100

gfellow

Solar flares neutrinoa & Radioactive decay

Unread post by gfellow » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:53 am

Mod note: Post merged with this existing thread

Greetings all,

I did a search of the forum to see if this topic already had a thread, but could not find it. If such exists, would the moderators be so kind as to place this post in the appropriate location?

Have you come across this in the news?
"Maybe Radioactive Decay Rates Aren't Physical Constants"
http://www.theatlantic.com/science/arch ... nts/62058/

- There are many more such articles in the news, found with a simple search.

If I read it correctly, there are two observations that astound:
1. The rotation of a supposed solar 'core' being slower than the solar surface.
2. A neutrino barrage and suppression of radioactive decay on Earth, days before the actual solar flare.

If the latter observation is confirmed, the solar core model is in deep trouble:
The energy that cause flares supposedly broil up from the core's depth on a larger time-scale than mere days. How can the neutrino event - supposedly associated with the core - synchronize with a surface flare?

If confirmed, solar core proponents will have to go to outlandish lengths to accommodate this observation.
It certainly places the electric approach in the running - and I might add - does no harm to my own 'off the wall' hypothesis.

I did post a text version of my thoughts on the forum, but I can't find it, so here's a couple of links:
"An Empty Sun - Is Gravity being Induced?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fdhyhPu6PY

"Non-Space, Is Gravity being Induced? A Challenge to Plasma & Neutrino Physicists"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlhzb51AqGA

My crude attempt at a paper, originally written in 1979 can be found here...
"Can Gravity be Induced?"
http://www.goodfelloweb.com/nature/cgbi/

Best,

Stephen Goodfellow

keeha

Unread post by keeha » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:36 am

Some background I needed: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/features.cfm?feature=15
The longest day in the past century occurred sometime during 1912, according to JPL geophysicist Dr. Richard Gross. The shortest day in the past 100 years was August 2, 2001, when the length of time that it took Earth to make one complete turn on its axis actually dipped below 24 hours by about one-thousandth of a second.

Gross studies Earth's rotation. As it turns out, Earth doesn't rotate like clockwork. In a recent paper in the journal Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, Gross combined several series of length-of-day measurements into one that spans from 1832 to 1997 and smoothed out some of the error with a sophisticated mathematical formula.

"The length of the day changes about a millisecond over the course of a year," says Gross. "It gradually increases in the winter, when Earth rotates more slowly, and decreases in the summer. There are also longer patterns of changes in the length of day that last decades, even centuries."
junglelord wrote:Length of day varies with sunspots
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... e-day.html
The latest association, between sunspots, whose abundance rises and falls on an 11-year "solar cycle", and the Earth's spin rate, is perhaps the most bizarre yet.

Without access to the article, it would seem the 'regular' variation in day with the seasons (axil tilt) is reduced when sunspot activity is higher. More sunspots associated with less day time variation in a season.
http://www.russia-ic.com/news/show/10630/
After studying data of last 38 years, researchers concluded that amplitude variations had 11-year-long cycle, which coincided with the cycle of Solar magnetic activity. The more spots cover Sun’s face, the less is day length oscillation amplitude.
This appears to include another paragraph of the New Scientist article:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23042711
Researchers have long observed that the spin rate fluctuates with the seasons... Now, a team led by Jean-Louis Le Mouël at the Paris Institute of Geophysics in France has found that this seasonal effect also grows and shrinks in an 11-year cycle, rather like sunspots. Seasons have a bigger effect on spin rate when sunspots are scarce, and a smaller effect when spots are abundant, according to an analysis of data from 1962 to 2009 (Geophysical Research Letters, vol 37, L15307).

Sal

Unread post by Sal » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:46 am

An update:

http://www.nist.gov/mml/analytical/14c_091410.cfm
Researchers from NIST and Purdue tested this by comparing radioactive gold-198 in two shapes, spheres and thin foils, with the same mass and activity. Gold-198 releases neutrinos as it decays. The team reasoned that if neutrinos are affecting the decay rate, the atoms in the spheres should decay more slowly than the atoms in the foil because the neutrinos emitted by the atoms in the spheres would have a greater chance of interacting with their neighboring atoms. The maximum neutrino flux in the sample in their experiments was several times greater than the flux of neutrinos from the sun. The researchers followed the gamma-ray emission rate of each source for several weeks and found no difference between the decay rate of the spheres and the corresponding foils.

According to NIST scientist emeritus Richard Lindstrom, the variations observed in other experiments may have been due to environmental conditions interfering with the instruments themselves.
Am I wrong or they only showed neutrinos can't be the cause of varying nuclear decay rate? The measurements by E. Fischbach can be falsified by an experiment like this one? :shock:

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Yet another case of experimental evidence cast aside due to preconceptions. :x

If left to their own devices, they will say this was 'inconclusive' and not do any further experiments with it for 50 years...
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Kepler

Unread post by Kepler » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:43 am

This is some very provoking material!

My friend just produced a video based on some of the material presented in these recent articles cited above, though discussing some of the implications that are not addressed,

Decay Rates and Time: http://larouchepac.com/node/16224

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Great video short, Kepler. Thanks.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Awesome video Kepler. That is exactly the style I would like the EU guys to start creating. Thanks...

Kepler

Unread post by Kepler » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:28 am

As I find this topic fascinating, I'll post the latest paper just submitted earlier this month.

Among everything else they discuss, I am provoked that these non-periodic, solar event correlated variabilities in decay rates consistently occur 1 day prior to such solar events; in effect, they are precursors to major solar events.
Finally, in all the cases we have observed, there is a precursor signal in which the 54Mn
count rate begins to change ~1 day before the solar event. This observation raises the
possibility of establishing an “early-warning” system for potentially dangerous impending
solar storms, whose damaging effects on astronauts; communications, navigation, defense
and other satellites; and power grids and other electronic infrastructure could thus be
prevented.
They are looking at the cause being some particle flux out from the sun.

But I wonder if it could be the result of something effecting our solar system, whereby both the fluctuations in the decay rates and the solar flares are resulting from some external change in the solar system's environment? Just a thought.

Here is the link to the latest paper,
http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/110 ... 1470v1.pdf
"Evidence for Time-Varying Nuclear Decay Rates: Experimental Results and Their Implications for New Physics"

Authors: Ephraim Fischbach, Jere H. Jenkins, Peter A. Sturrock
(Submitted on 7 Jun 2011)

Abstract: Unexplained annual variations in nuclear decay rates have been reported in recent years by a number of groups. We show that data from these experiments exhibit not only variations in time related to Earth-Sun distance, but also periodicities attributable to solar rotation. Additionally, anomalous decay rates coincident in time with a series of solar flares in December 2006 also point to a solar influence on nuclear decay rates. This influence could arise from some flavor of solar neutrinos, or through some other objects we call "neutrellos" which behave in some ways like neutrinos. The indication that neutrinos or neutrellos must interact weakly in the Sun implies that we may be able to use data on time-varying nuclear decay rates to probe the interior of the Sun, a technique which we may call "helioradiology".