More Falsification for the Standard Model?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

More Falsification for the Standard Model?

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:04 pm

I recently wrote a TPOD about Popper, Falsifiability and the Standard Model based on information gathered from this thread. Thank heavens for the forum, eh?

(Predictions, Falsifiability and the Standard Model of Stellar Evolution)
http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2008/arch ... ctions.htm

It seems it may be time (a couple weeks later) to write yet another! Thanks Marcos! ;)

(Newly Formed Identical Twin Stars Reveal Surprising Differences!)
http://digg.com/space/Newly_formed_twin ... ifferences
http://www.vanderbilt.edu/exploration/s ... stars.html
The analysis of the youngest pair of identical twin stars yet discovered has revealed surprising differences in brightness, surface temperature and possibly even the size of the two.

[...]

According to current theories, mass and composition are the two factors that determine a star’s physical characteristics and dictate its entire life cycle. Because the two stars condensed from the same cloud of gas and dust they should have the same composition. With identical mass and composition, they should be identical in every way. So the astronomers were surprised when they discovered that the twins exhibited significant differences in brightness, surface temperature and possibly size.

[...]

[T]he astronomers were able to determine that one of the stars is two times brighter than the other and calculate that the brighter star has a surface temperature about 300 degrees higher than its twin. An additional analysis of the light spectrum coming from the pair also suggests that one of the stars is about 10 percent larger than the other, but additional observations are needed to confirm it.

[...]

In addition to causing theorists to re-examine star-formation models, the new discovery may cause astronomers to readjust their estimates of the masses and ages of thousands of young stars less than a few million years old.
Long story short, according to their own models, this binary system shouldn't be behaving the way it is if their standard models of stellar evolution are correct. Theory falsified, once again? That's at least 2 strikes against the Standard Model in the two weeks I've been counting. ;o) Not a good track record!

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

junglelord

Re: More Falsification for the Standard Model?

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:28 pm

I have to admit I was dupped into believing that the data of our own star would fall into line one day, and they led me into thinking this for years.
:twisted:
I always wondered how? But I figured they must be smarter then me and if they say that one day they will explain why the corona is so hot with a nuclear furnace and a surface temp of only 6000, then they would do that and I should just be patient.
:?

Boy was I dupped.
:evil:

Good call.
:ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen:

Its time to start putting their press release's in the Mad section. Check mine out.
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... f=10&t=763
Not once did they mention the word Plasma....smoke and mirrors indeed!
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord