Electricity and Plasma, from Micro to Macro and Beyond...

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Harry Costas

Re: Electricity and Plasma, from Micro to Macro and Beyond...

Unread post by Harry Costas » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:09 am

G'day

Black holes do not exist as in classical zero volumn and singularity and an event horizon.

What we are probably looking at is the dynamics of condensed matter explained by color-superconductivity. One of the main reasons why we cannot see very close to the origin of a jet from a condensed core is because of the extreme E/magnetic fields that prevent EMR from escaping, when the matter phase changes the jet becomes observable. The new tools maybe able to read the changes in the gravitational waves and give us a better understanding.

http://arxiv.org/abs/0912.2485
Some aspects of color superconductivity: an introduction

Authors: Qun Wang
(Submitted on 13 Dec 2009)
Abstract: A pedagogical introduction to color superconductivity in the weak coupling limit is given. The focus is on the basic tools of thermal field theory necessary to compute observables of color superconductivity. The rich symmetry structure and symmetry breaking patterns are analyzed on the basis of the Anderson-Higgs mechanism. Some techniques can also be applied for computing neutrino processes in compact stars. As an example, we show how to obtain the neutrino emissivity for Urca processes in neutron stars by computing the polarization tensor of the W-boson. We also illustrate how a spin-1 color superconducting phase generates an anisotropic neutrino emissions in compact stars.
The following paper is not on color superconductivity, but an interesting point of view.

Dark Energy and the Return of the Phoenix Universe

Authors: Jean-Luc Lehners, Paul J. Steinhardt
(Submitted on 17 Dec 2008)
Abstract: In cyclic universe models based on a single scalar field (e.g., the radion determining the distance between branes in M-theory), virtually the entire universe makes it through the ekpyrotic smoothing and flattening phase, bounces, and enters a new epoch of expansion and cooling. This stable evolution cannot occur, however, if scale-invariant curvature perturbations are produced by the entropic mechanism because it requires two scalar fields (e.g., the radion and the Calabi-Yau dilaton) evolving along an unstable classical trajectory. In fact, we show here that an overwhelming fraction of the universe fails to make it through the ekpyrotic phase; nevertheless, a sufficient volume survives and cycling continues forever provided the dark energy phase of the cycle lasts long enough, of order a trillion years. Two consequences are a new role for dark energy and a global structure of the universe radically different from that of eternal inflation.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Harry, these theoretical thought experiments you are posting have nothing at all to do with an Electric Universe.

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:29 am

G'day davesmith

It has all to do with EU.

I'm interested to hear why you made that note.

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:25 am

Harry... check out Don Scotts NASA video... http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/show ... hp?t=57994 it'll get you on track.
Best

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:24 pm

G'day Jarva

Re: Link
http://ecolloq.gsfc.nasa.gov/archive/20 ... scott.html

Donald E. Scott
"Plasma Physics' Answer to the New Cosmological Questions"

ABSTRACT -- It is becoming evident that the experimentally verifiable results of the last century of study of the plasma state of matter are applicable in the clarification of certain anomalous astronomical observations. The work of pioneers such as Birkeland, Langmuir, and Alfvén are briefly reviewed as examples of this. Some basics of the characteristics of both laboratory and cosmic plasma are included - such as the properties of double layers, plasma operating modes, and the causes of filamentation. Rotation profiles of spiral galaxies, pulsar emissions, magnetic reconnection, and the stability of neutron stars are discussed from the point of view of the known properties of plasmas and electromagnetic fields. The presentation attempts to motivate the realization that 'new science' should not be invoked unless and until all aspects of what we already know, including plasma physics and basic electromagnetism, have been exhaustively applied in the investigation of what appear to be astronomical anomalies.
D Scott is on track.

But! I do not understand about the other track you have noted.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 pm

I never saw Don Scott's presentation, I sent it to all my email contacts.
Thanks, watching it right now, love it.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:19 pm

That Don Scott presentation should be mandatory viewing for the whole site... i know i know... that sounds a little firm... but watch the vid... you'll thank me (i mean Don) later.

Harry, everything Don talks about is well understood and part of the science taught to all electrical engineers, computer science students, and well implemented in the technology we use everyday (real stuff), including this wireless laptop that's copping hammering right now!

The other extension JL and solar have talked about is currently not well understood as widely or included as part of the above mentioned training process. (patience JL). It is also not absolutely required or needed to understand brilliant simplicity of EU, compared to the classical gravity/hypothetical-mathematical descriptions of the papers you have posted. All EU needs is (real stuff)

Where these mentioned DiElectric Magnetic properties may come into play is trying to explain where the interstellar currents come from. This is not as thoroughly explored or understood by the world. My feeling is that my understanding of this is not as good as JL and others on this site... They have mentioned Dollard, Tesla, Meyl.... some reading here might help you, and me! From my readings to date, these pioneers are still testing their potential models..

But remember... this DEM is not required to understand EU. The mentioned Anthony Perratt only used the mainstream properties of electro-magnetism in his computer models.

Again i stress... everything Don talks about is WELL TESTED, and implemented in technology. Can't stress this enough. This (to me) is the absolute core of this site and community.

Also... it might just be a funny feeling... but if all you did was copy and paste that summary back here, you have really really missed one of the greatest summaries of EU. It's only 60 minutes, It's free and elegantly condenses Don's Electric Sky book only like a 37 yr lecture veteran can. Your doing yourself a great disservice by not watching it... but hey... if you watched it... i take this section of my post back.

Beyond this... i can't really help you any further... the books mentioned on this site will!!! If $$$ aint your thing, then a free video might help... ouch timewarp there.

all the best

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:43 am

G'day

Don Scott's video is interesting. Most of it I agree. The parts that I disagree I hope to discuss later.

Time for sleep.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:54 am

The one KEY point I noticed is something I picked up on a few years ago.
I figured that plasma waves must be longitutinal.
I then found out that YES Alfven Waves are longitudinal.
It was interesting to hear Don explain how and when Alfven first presented this notion.
The KEY term is LONGITUDINAL.
Tesla takes it from there....ONLY longitudinal waves travel in a vacuum!
So I was right ON MY OWN, and I suggest that the evidence is in my corner.
Not some fancy use of key words, but a intricite understanding of longitudinal processes.
Alfven knew it, I know it....Tesla proclaimed it 100 years ago....time for people to get up to speed.
If Tesla and Alfven are correct, then Dollards explanation is correct.

Why?

Because Dollard is explaining the true nature of longitudinal current....magneto-dielectrics.
I again refer anyone who cares to investigate that magneto-dielectrics are CRITICAL to cellular wireless....
The key word being WIRELESS....

What we should understand is that all three, Alfven, Tesla, Birkeland, are in agreement.
Infact their respective works overlap and when you do that you come out with a proper understanding.
That is why I now call them Birkeland/Tesla/Alfven waves and currents.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

raytek2009

Unread post by raytek2009 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:37 pm

I found this example of large, (~1cm O.D.) dusty plasma, spherical ball. Curious if this would scale to solar system levels. Not sure how to pin down the plasma "scale invariant" conditions in the referenced work.

Ref: http://www.physics.uiowa.edu/~rmerlino/ICPDP_proc.pdf
4th International Conference on the Physics of Dusty Plasmas – Orléans, 17 June 2005

Coulomb Crystals and Dust Acoustic Waves
In the experiment of Chu, Du and I, [18] an rf hollow post magnetron system was used to form a dusty plasma through gas phase reactions. The SiO2 particle that were formed in the discharge were negatively charged and suspended in a region of lowest electrostatic potential energy. Associated with the formation and trapping of one micron particles were low frequency fluctuations at about 12 Hz, and wavelength 0.5 cm. When the gas pressure was increased to 300 mTorr, the fluctuations were suppressed and a solid structure (Coulomb solid) of the dust particles was observed.
In July of 1994, Adrian Barkan and ...were studying the confinement of dust in an anode double layer formed at the end of the Q machine (DPD) opposite the hot plate [16]. Negatively charged dust was easily trapped inside the anode double layer which was electrically positive relative to the surrounding plasma. We were able to confine spherical collections of dust particles of about 1 cm diameter which we referred to as ‘dust balls.’ A video capture of one of these dust balls is shown in Fig. 4. The dust ball was observed by light scattered from the 2500 K hot plate plasma source. The geometry of the setup did not allow us to use a sheet of laser light to perform more detailed measurements on these dust balls. In an attempt to improve the visual access, the anode plate was moved further back away from the hot plate into a larger section of the vacuum chamber. This section was beyond the last magnetic field coil, so the magnetic field was diverging in this region and thus the plasma expanded as it flowed into this region. The net result was that the spherical dust ball was transformed into a dust cloud which did not have a definite structure but was clearly in a more fluid state.

FIGURE 4. Dust ball confined in an anode double layer. ANODE DUST BALL
1cm Dusty Plasma ball.jpg

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums, raytek. That is an interesting article you refer to, and gives me some encouragement to pursue further the idea that the planets could have formed in a mechanism that shapes the
'dust' from a Birkeland current into the sphere by means of an interaction between slow scalar and higher frequency transverse waves in the region around a current pinch. I have already found some plasma experiment information that again seems to confirm the possibility.
I'll continue to look into the idea and collect what info I can, and post it in the NIAMI section. Which is where a goodly portion of the upper board postings should be too, IMO. ;-)
In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. -Buckminster Fuller

remelic

Unread post by remelic » Wed May 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Wow this is great. A forum where I can express my beliefs in EM Universe and not get scolded by nuclear physicists. Man. So I believe in the EU. I have for a long time now but met a lot of harsh criticism. I have some great theories to post in a few... once I get everything together.
Secrets of Edward Leedskalnin
“Like a flash of lightning and in an instant the truth was revealed.” - Nikola Tesla
Electricity = Magnetism x Speed of Light Squared... Thats what he really meant.

aetherevarising

Unread post by aetherevarising » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here and am not sure where all your threads are. At least this one is subscribed and seems to be up to date. I take it that was the result of a crash?

I've been reading up on the thinking behind the electric universe. Stunning stuff. I think that EU is definitely some tangible means of countering those seemingly endless contradictions between quantum and classical thinking.

I have couple of questions. I see that Talbott and Thornhill propose that magnetism relies on electricity therefore electricity being proposed as a primary force. I question this. No electric energy has every been transferred without inducing some measurable magnetic field. Yet a magnet on magnet interaction does not result in an induced electric field. I have only ever found one paper on this subject and having found it I then lost it. Can you guys comment?

Secondly - dark energy? This is believed to be 'matter' based but from a non-standard - yet to be discovered particle. Ellis et al seemed to prove it's existence and quantified it's values through gravitational lensing. How does this fit in with EU?

May I impose on anyone who answers this to please keep your explanations to 'conceptual' descriptions. I am not a qualified physicist and am afraid that my understanding of this subject is somewhat prescribed.

Abject apologies that this is probably off topic. If you can direct me to where I need to post this I will do so gladly. Else, if I can beg your tolerance I'd be very grateful for some explanations on these two points.

remelic

Unread post by remelic » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:02 pm

aetherevarising wrote:Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here and am not sure where all your threads are. At least this one is subscribed and seems to be up to date. I take it that was the result of a crash?

I've been reading up on the thinking behind the electric universe. Stunning stuff. I think that EU is definitely some tangible means of countering those seemingly endless contradictions between quantum and classical thinking.

I have couple of questions. I see that Talbott and Thornhill propose that magnetism relies on electricity therefore electricity being proposed as a primary force. I question this. No electric energy has every been transferred without inducing some measurable magnetic field. Yet a magnet on magnet interaction does not result in an induced electric field. I have only ever found one paper on this subject and having found it I then lost it. Can you guys comment?

Secondly - dark energy? This is believed to be 'matter' based but from a non-standard - yet to be discovered particle. Ellis et al seemed to prove it's existence and quantified it's values through gravitational lensing. How does this fit in with EU?

May I impose on anyone who answers this to please keep your explanations to 'conceptual' descriptions. I am not a qualified physicist and am afraid that my understanding of this subject is somewhat prescribed.

Abject apologies that this is probably off topic. If you can direct me to where I need to post this I will do so gladly. Else, if I can beg your tolerance I'd be very grateful for some explanations on these two points.
I for one believe that the universe is "magnetic" based not electric because to me electricity is a byproduct of this "magnetism" (which I may be able to prove quantitatively) as is everything else. I don't believe in Dark Matter/Energy AT ALL! Just some made up crap that science needs to make things work. This can be explained using "magnetic" principles. There are some changes I need to make to my hypotheses but I have published some of these ideas in 'Magnetic Universe'. If you have any questions about it I will be glad to answer any of them, just PM me.

Also, this site is FULL of valuable information about EU and the truth about the universe.

And welcome,

Cheers
Secrets of Edward Leedskalnin
“Like a flash of lightning and in an instant the truth was revealed.” - Nikola Tesla
Electricity = Magnetism x Speed of Light Squared... Thats what he really meant.

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:02 am

Hi aetherevarising,
Welcome to the forum, I'll try to give some conceptual descriptions...
aetherevarising wrote: I have couple of questions. I see that Talbott and Thornhill propose that magnetism relies on electricity therefore electricity being proposed as a primary force. I question this. No electric energy has every been transferred without inducing some measurable magnetic field. Yet a magnet on magnet interaction does not result in an induced electric field.
Yes correct, a magnetic field is 'induced' by the flow of e-current. When it comes to ferro-magnetism you have mentioned, this could briefly be described as the flow of electrons around the nucleus, thus providing the flow in e-current... even though the scale is tiny, those electrons are moving around, so magnetic field is induced.

MIT makes freely available some wonderful resources on this: Online Lecture List
of particular interest here would be lecture 21 "Magnetic Materials - Dia-, Para-, and Ferromagnetism"
aetherevarising wrote: Secondly - dark energy? This is believed to be 'matter' based but from a non-standard - yet to be discovered particle. Ellis et al seemed to prove it's existence and quantified it's values through gravitational lensing. How does this fit in with EU?
'Dark Matter' was proposed by Fritz Zwicky to explain unexpected rates of galaxy rotation. Briefly speaking... gravity models could not explain why the outer edge of galaxy arms were rotating so fast. What Zwicky proposed was that a large amount of 'unseen' matter was external to the galaxy and 'pulling' the outer arms around.

Dark 'Energy' is said to be a repulsive force that only exists between galaxies and galaxy clusters... it 'expands' the 'space-time' BETWEEN large structures that are gravitationally bound. Dark Energy is created from nothing, it pops into existence and creates or pushes space-time apart.

Dark Energy and Dark Matter are both as undetected as the tooth fairy... so we here give them as much credit.

Lensing can be explained by many emission effects and plasma experiments that have been produced in labs (real stuff). "Lensing" as proof of DM is weak, when real physically verified processes can produce the same effect.

Now what does PC/EU say about Dark Matter and the Galaxy Rotation Problem?
Anthony Perrat ran some computer simulations on how 2 plasma currents would behave. Interestingly enough they spun up and matched any number of galaxy profiles. Nothing magical needed, No Dark Matter, No Dark Energy, just real empirical plasma lab behavior.
Remember now... the distinction here is EU/PC starts from the lab... and uses the reproducible experiments of reality to build it's hypothesis'.

Radio Astronomers that are part of mainstream (harvard professors) are now mapping the magnetic fields that are produced by this flowing electric current. http://www.physics.usyd.edu.au/~bmg/pap ... sler-3.pdf

There is no longer any doubt that the flowing electric currents exist in space, as they are now mapping the induced magnetic fields! On just about every space probe we put plasma measurement tools (Langmuir probes), to measure these currents.
Gravity dominated cosmology has yet to work electricity into their models, but this process is no doubt underway, as everywhere we look we can measure flowing electricity in abundance. EU does not ignore gravity, it is of-course part of the model.

I hope i've kept this brief enough... welcome to the forum...
In addition to TB, I would really recommend Professor Don Scott's website for a summary.... AND HIS VIDEO DELIVERED AT NASA
I also recommend the SEARCH FUNCTION on the TB site, note this has recently been expanded to include Thornhill's site too. very helpful. :D