Significance of the COBE Dipole in an electric universe?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

Significance of the COBE Dipole in an electric universe?

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon May 12, 2008 6:58 pm

(COBE Dipole: Speeding Through the Universe)
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap030209.html
The COBE Dipole. Unexpected and still unexplained. What does it mean?
The COBE Dipole. Unexpected and still unexplained. What does it mean?
Credit: DMR, COBE, NASA, Four-Year Sky Map

Explanation: Our Earth is not at rest. The Earth moves around the Sun. The Sun orbits the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. The Milky Way Galaxy orbits in the Local Group of Galaxies. The Local Group falls toward the Virgo Cluster of Galaxies. But these speeds are less than the speed that all of these objects together move relative to the cosmic microwave background (CMB). In the above all-sky map, radiation in the Earth's direction of motion appears blueshifted and hence hotter, while radiation on the opposite side of the sky is redshifted and colder. The map indicates that the Local Group moves at about 600 kilometers per second relative to this primordial radiation. This high speed was initially unexpected and its magnitude is still unexplained. Why are we moving so fast? What is out there?
(Emphasis at the end was mine.)

I just noticed this image as I was looking for other things. As I looked at it, a surprising feature kind of jumped out at me. Is it just me, or is there a "bar" to this spiral? If so, what is the significance of that bar? Can this be equated to "barred spirals?"

Keeping in mind that redshift may not be a reliable indicator of velocity and/or whether things are currently approaching / receding, if Arp is correct.

What am I getting at? I'm not quite sure. Trying to tease something out of the data, I guess. I recall having read an article by plasma physicist Peratt a while back with respect to spiral galaxies in a plasma universe. I'm not sure which of his prolific papers it came out of particularly. But one of them specifically discussed spirals: normal versus barred, and even went so far as to try to pin down a reason for the "bar." IE, there was some kind of interaction between the Birkeland currents or interacting charge clouds wherein under some circumstances, they would interact across the gap between them. I just don't recall the specific circumstances. Perhaps someone can refresh me?

I thought it was one of these two, but didn't see it on first glimpse through?

http://plasmascience.net/tpu/downloadsC ... 6TPS-I.pdf
http://plasmascience.net/tpu/downloadsC ... TPS-II.pdf

In any event, that paper (which ever it was that I read) was what got my knickers in a twist over this image. That faint bar seen between the leading edges of the opposing parts of the spiral form. Maybe I'm reading too much in? Maybe not.

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

StevenO

Re: Significance of the COBE Dipole in an electric universe??

Unread post by StevenO » Mon May 12, 2008 9:12 pm

I have only one explanation....
First, God decided he was lonely. Then it got out of hand. Now we have this mess called life...
The past is out of date. Start living your future. Align with your dreams. Now execute.

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Mon May 12, 2008 9:55 pm

:lol: I wondered how long it would take ... ;)
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Tue May 13, 2008 5:12 am

Thats what I saw, ying/yang.
:D
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Tue May 13, 2008 7:04 am

Maybe some new data can get it more clear ?:

Five Year Results on the Oldest Light in the Universe
WMAP 5-year Results Released - March 7, 2008
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/news/index.html
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Tue May 13, 2008 9:36 am

The bar is the aberration of the dipole image caused by the presence of our galaxy in the picture.
All such elliptical images of the whole universe are centered on our galaxy core, with the disk oriented in the x-axis.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Tue May 13, 2008 9:44 am

One thing that is significant for me about the dipole image is the clear evidence and implication that that the universe is FINITE. We are speeding toward an EDGE and away from the opposite edge, or relative to the centroid of the universal field. Traditional redshift understanding (as Doppler) is not necessary for this conclusion. Redshift as a pressure differential explains this well. We are speeding away from the universal centroid, and experience a pressure differential based on that movement, as I see it. This of course assumes that the readings from COBE are of distant and not local intergalactic, interstellar, or interplanetary material.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

tolenio

Re: Significance of the COBE Dipole in an electric universe?

Unread post by tolenio » Mon May 19, 2008 4:49 am

Hello,

In my opinion the shape of galaxy relates to magnetic field and time.

Markus Zahn of MIT was experimenting on ferrofluid in a revolving magnetic field and it produced many of the galactic shapes known to exist.

The shapes and evolved and changed over time mimicking many of the shapes seen in galaxies. Here is what I wrote back in October of last year;

http://veggie-reset.blogspot.com/2007/1 ... ields.html

I noticed the spatial relationship as did you.

What is the reason for life, the universe and everything? Magnetic fields.

If you watch the MIT video of the experiment to its conclusion you may even wonder if you are looking at the blueorints for single celled life.

Regards,
Tom
"The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves." Gospel of Thomas http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Significance of the COBE Dipole in an electric universe?

Unread post by davesmith_au » Mon May 19, 2008 6:30 pm

tolenio wrote:Markus Zahn of MIT was experimenting on ferrofluid in a revolving magnetic field and it produced many of the galactic shapes known to exist.

The shapes and evolved and changed over time mimicking many of the shapes seen in galaxies. Here is what I wrote back in October of last year;

[...]

What is the reason for life, the universe and everything? Magnetic fields.
And what is required to generate magnetic fields? Electric currents!!

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster