Black holes not black after all

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon May 12, 2008 3:13 pm

http://www.physorg.com/news129830718.html
Black holes resemble cosmic drains where space disappears like water going down a plughole.
Normal waves heave up and down in the direction they move, whereas anti-waves do the opposite.

Does that mean that anti-waves heave down and up in the direction they move, or that anti-waves heave up and down in the direction they don't move?
I'm not technically minded.
However, our experiment does not completely agree with theory and so much work remains to be done to understand exactly what happens at the event horizon for water waves.
Great, so now they have not only theories without experiments but experiments without theories.
Can't quite make out why black holes are no longer black though. But like I said, I'm not technical.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

MGmirkin

Re: Black holes not black after all

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon May 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:
However, our experiment does not completely agree with theory and so much work remains to be done to understand exactly what happens at the event horizon for water waves.
Great, so now they have not only theories without experiments but experiments without theories.
Can't quite make out why black holes are no longer black though. But like I said, I'm not technical.
Erm, actually, it sounded more like they have BOTH experiments AND theories, but the one doesn't match the other.

Experimental results =/= theoretical predictions...

So... What now?

Time to take out the shoehorn? ;)

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

chris_vincent

Black holes

Unread post by chris_vincent » Tue May 13, 2008 2:41 pm

One basic thing about black holes has always troubled me. If no information(light, charge etc) about a black hole can escape its stygian depths, then how can gravity? If space were to bend according to its mass, then hasn't information about the hole escaped the event horizon? If gravity is not bending of space, then it will still be invisible to the universe unless gravity travels faster than c. Call me simple, but that's the way I see it :-)

Any replies appreciated.

Chris

klypp

Unread post by klypp » Tue May 13, 2008 10:07 pm

Black holes resemble cosmic drains where space disappears like water going down a plughole. Space seems to flow, and the closer one gets to the black hole, the faster it flows. At the event horizon space appears to reach the speed of light, so nothing, not even light, can escape beyond this point of no return.
I can confirm this! There is no light coming up from the plughole of my bathtub!!!

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed May 14, 2008 1:34 am

We must still be careful we do not get sucked up by the vortex....
:lol:
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed May 14, 2008 10:20 am

klypp wrote:
Black holes resemble cosmic drains where space disappears like water going down a plughole. Space seems to flow, and the closer one gets to the black hole, the faster it flows. At the event horizon space appears to reach the speed of light, so nothing, not even light, can escape beyond this point of no return.
I can confirm this! There is no light coming up from the plughole of my bathtub!!!
The public need to be warned!

I wondered whether the Black Holes in the northern sky revolved in the opposite direction to those in the southern sky?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Wed May 14, 2008 4:08 pm

Grey Cloud wrote: Can't quite make out why black holes are no longer black though. But like I said, I'm not technical.
I think they are saying that Black Holes are no longer black in that some 'stuff,' Hawking Radiation, can leak out. In other words, modifying the concept that 'black' means anything that goes in could never come out. And somehow, this is illustrated with the analogy of water going down a drain. Wow, that does sound stupid, perhaps it's better to draw the analogy to tax dollars going down the drain. The amazing thing is how they are able to sell the public and fellow scientists such a bill of goods.
I'm not technical either, but then there is, when it comes to Black Holes, apparently a fine line between technical and fanciful.
I would like a mainstream explanation about the polar jets that are often observed being emitted from the alleged super massive black holes at the center of active galaxies-
how do the jets escape getting sucked into the Black Hole?
and if they do, wouldn't the jets just go into orbit around the black hole?
what is the escape velocity for a supermassive Black Hole?
I am sure that these are all stupid questions.

Nick

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Wed May 14, 2008 6:11 pm

nick c wrote:perhaps it's better to draw the analogy to tax dollars going down the drain.
Something like this?...

Artist's impression of a black hole - Credit:  Dave Smith and Thunderblogs/Thunderbolts
Artist's impression of a black hole - Credit: Dave Smith and Thunderblogs/Thunderbolts

:mrgreen:

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu May 15, 2008 3:58 am

Dave Smith
In order to reflect this latest 'discovery', you may want to alter your image so the dollar signs are going down in a spiral.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Thu May 15, 2008 9:15 am

Grey Cloud wrote:Dave Smith
In order to reflect this latest 'discovery', you may want to alter your image so the dollar signs are going down in a spiral.
Unofficial response:
Unfortunately, we are not sufficiently well-funded to figure out how to make taxes spiral down the drain... But, maybe if you know of any good grants that might be willing to fund our research, we could take up the issue?

:D

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke

MGmirkin

Black Holes Busted By New Research?

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sun May 18, 2008 11:45 am

(New research on black holes shakes Einstein's theories)
http://news.u-trade.org/astronomy/new-r ... ories.html

Not to mention:

( Big Bang Busted! - The Black Hole, the Big Bang, and Modern Physics)
http://www.thunderbolts.info/thunderblo ... others.htm

~Michael Gmirkin