slow-motion supernovae

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Grey Cloud

slow-motion supernovae

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun May 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Cosmic time warp revealed in slow-motion supernovae
http://space.newscientist.com/article/d ... novae.html

And the first sentence reads:
"Once upon a time, time was different".

It didn't say, but I'm guessing this all took place in a galaxy far, far away.
Is it me?
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

electrodogg1

Re: slow-motion supernovae

Unread post by electrodogg1 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:14 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great one, Grey Cloud
Best,

David

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon May 05, 2008 1:57 pm

Would someone versed in Halton Arp's intrinsic redshift please explain why objects with higher redshifts, therefore (according to Arp) more recently "expelled" or discharged from the galactic center, should appear to "age" more slowly than objects with a lesser redshift. Or does this question answer itself? :)
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Mon May 05, 2008 2:48 pm

"Type Ia supernovae are just so predictable," says Peter Garnavich of Notre Dame University in Indiana, US, who worked on the latest study."
Are they?

"Do recent supernovae Ia observations tend to rule out all the cosmologies?" - Ram Gopal Vishwakarma

Vishwakarma defends his paper over at CosmoCoffee.

A few other past comments over at PhysicsForum

Point being that the assertions covered in that article are the result of the assumption that this model is correct.
"time dilation" in type Ia supernova, the catastrophic thermonuclear explosion of a white dwarf star."
Reminds me of Ralph Jergens and Don Scott. Stars are not ticking thermonuclear time bombs.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon May 05, 2008 3:23 pm

Solar
Two things struck me about the cosmocoffee forum posts
1. How brief each post was given the complexity of the subject (in the sense of the physics involved and the potential implications of Vishwakarma's findings). Compare the length of most of the techy posts on this forum.
2. The techno-jargon employed. I don't mean the actual math type stuff, just the actual vocabulary. There is absolutley no need for it. I have no scientific training or background but I have read stuff by the likes of Bohr, Schroeder, Heisenberg, Einstein, etc without any problems understanding what they were talking about. The clearest English was from Vishwakarma, an Indian in Mexico!
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Tue May 06, 2008 7:43 am

Grey Cloud wrote:Solar
Two things struck me about the cosmocoffee forum posts
1. How brief each post was given the complexity of the subject (in the sense of the physics involved and the potential implications of Vishwakarma's findings). Compare the length of most of the techy posts on this forum.
2. The techno-jargon employed. I don't mean the actual math type stuff, just the actual vocabulary. There is absolutley no need for it. I have no scientific training or background but I have read stuff by the likes of Bohr, Schroeder, Heisenberg, Einstein, etc without any problems understanding what they were talking about. The clearest English was from Vishwakarma, an Indian in Mexico!
Well. Some of the responses/counter arguments impressed me as just so much 'grasping fro straws' in an attempt to finesse a way out of Vishwakarma's findings. The 95% confidence level ain't nothin' to sneeze at. That many are still perpetuating extrapolations, deductions and conclusions from research based on Type 1a Supernova, such as the scientist in the article you referenced, means Vishwakarma's findings have been rejected, or many are still rolling along with 'the best model we have' type of mentality.

The concise timbre of of Vishwakarma's replies reminds me of the Thunderbolt Team and the way they deliver information. I sometimes think such calm plain english is an irritant to what might be a predilection for the techno-jargon. Much of the public face of EU isn't put in that language. However when one digs behind the scenes in the scientific literature (scientific papers and such) one can often find EU concepts and ideas couched in such terms. The challenging part is recognizing those concepts as put forth in that 'other language' and retranslating them in particle terms.

I think that's the same contrast you sense in Vishwakarma's replies. A practical delivery.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden