Solar Probe Mission

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

pln2bz

Solar Probe Mission

Unread post by pln2bz » Sat May 03, 2008 12:10 pm

http://www.jhuapl.edu/newscenter/pressr ... 080501.asp ...
Solar Probe will employ a combination of in-place and remote measurements to achieve the mission’s primary scientific goals: determine the structure and dynamics of the magnetic fields at the sources of solar wind; trace the flow of energy that heats the corona and accelerates the solar wind; determine what mechanisms accelerate and transport energetic particles; and explore dusty plasma near the sun and its influence on solar wind and energetic particle formation.

[...]

“Solar Probe is a true mission of exploration,” says Dr. Robert Decker, Solar Probe project scientist at APL. “For example, the spacecraft will go close enough to the sun to watch the solar wind speed up from subsonic to supersonic, and it will fly though the birthplace of the highest energy solar particles. And, as with all missions of discovery, Solar Probe is likely to raise more questions than it answers.”

Grey Cloud

Re: Solar Probe Mission

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sat May 03, 2008 12:17 pm

pln2bz wrote:http://www.jhuapl.edu/newscenter/pressr ... 080501.asp ...
Solar Probe will employ a combination of in-place and remote measurements to achieve the mission’s primary scientific goals: determine the structure and dynamics of the magnetic fields at the sources of solar wind; trace the flow of energy that heats the corona and accelerates the solar wind; determine what mechanisms accelerate and transport energetic particles; and explore dusty plasma near the sun and its influence on solar wind and energetic particle formation.

[...]

“Solar Probe is a true mission of exploration,” says Dr. Robert Decker, Solar Probe project scientist at APL. “For example, the spacecraft will go close enough to the sun to watch the solar wind speed up from subsonic to supersonic, and it will fly though the birthplace of the highest energy solar particles. And, as with all missions of discovery, Solar Probe is likely to raise more questions than it answers.”
I'm guessing they will be proved correct on that if nothing else.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Mon May 05, 2008 7:53 am

Solar Wind is totally inaccurate description of the physics involved. Maybe they will correct the nomenclature of wind to current after the mission... but I am not holding my breath.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 094224.htm
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon May 05, 2008 3:38 pm

Wind, stream, current, flow... it's all semantics. I think we need to be very careful when using the word "current" with electricity, because every electrical engineer knows that electricity doesn't flow, ie electrons don't flow through a wire. "Current" is a term of convenience which portrays a misconception. Amperage is a measure of conductivity, the number of unblocked vectors in a local EMF/voltage potential field, as reciprocated by resistance, the blockage of vectors. Continuous electrical action (versus current electricity) is better, as it concords with the virtually instantaneous nature of electrical action through a wire. This causes me to wonder about, and to be careful how I view, plasma action in space... there is a potential field component which is instantaneous, and an ion flow component which is finite and measurable, like 600 km/sec. or whatever, accompanied by magnetic field induction. When we attribute electrical causes to effects at astronomical scales, I am not sure yet how (or when or if) to distinguish between these two possibilities.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Mon May 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Your hot today my friend. That helps me out. I recently commented that although I did electronics for 10 years and was very good at it (trouble shoot to component level) and had experinece in commercial satellite recievers and military sonar. I also got very high marks in college (honours), I don't think I ever really understood it until the EU made it cosmic. (Probably because I loved cosmology and never thought of putting electricity in their myself) But I think I am still just getting it. My initial thread on Maxwell, Faraday and Tesla was the start of the journey out of that black hole of having a degree but not having any insight or personal inspiration, as well as being brain washed by the church of cosmology. My only saving grace is my thirst for knowledge and never thinking it made sense inside dispite what I said outside.

That helped alot Webolife along with a thought I had yesterday down by the river watching waves, both transverse and longitudinal. I was just watching without thinking and then these bright flashes of colour and form would appear as I stared at the surf. Everytime things become more wholistic for me and I have a non linear leap in insight, I get those synestheasis flashes. I think for the first time I envisioned what you just said about cosmic currents (continuous electrical action). I had a huge flash of how the common reality of the universe is so different from here on earth. I was not even thinking, just watching those transverse waves collapse and turn into many longitudinal vortex forms, then I saw a dual symmetry break of the transverse waves as it collapsed and man I got this huge flash.
:D

I totally had a image of space and plasma and electric action...probably because I had watched the waves combined with the forms and dual breaking symmetry and a show I had watched last week on the History Channel/Universe about the Galactic Web and Voids. We know of course that although they speak of them as voids, we know it is plasma in dark mode.
;)

I was assisted by your reply here webolife and on the thread "matter waves or particle" when discussing the electron picture and your take on that and your explanation of light gradient instant action. Yeah I see everything your saying. Keep teaching.
8-)
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Thu May 08, 2008 12:19 am

junglelord wrote:a show I had watched last week on the History Channel/Universe about the Galactic Web and Voids. We know of course that although they speak of them as voids, we know it is plasma in dark mode. ;)
Do we? Are we sure it's not actually relative voids left by the filaments doing a bit of "Marklund convection" (scavenging "nearby" charged particles ["nearby" takes on a slightly different meaning on cosmic scales, I think, but you get the idea]) thus depleting those regions? Just wondering...

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Thu May 08, 2008 8:32 am

I never see empty space my good friend. Never. Void is a bad term, tends to leave one with the impression there is nothing there.
:?

I don't believe in nothing...
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Thu May 08, 2008 1:11 pm

"Void" reminds me of the atomic field, also the planetary "particles" of the solar system with respect to the sun, and the interstellar space between, say, Sol and Alpha Centauri, the space between the Milky Way and its nearest big neighbors, M31 or the Virgo cluster, and those amazing "voids" in the double octahedral structure of the local intergalactic cluster field, and finally the webbed appearance of the cosmic galactic field... I see structure in every scale. The final TOE will show that all of these structures comply with the same geometry... I think I disagree with Dave's contention that the dentist doesn't need or use elements of atomic structure, etc. in his dentistry... everywhere I go, everywhere I look, I see the unified field at work and in evidence, as my mind embraces the light.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu May 08, 2008 2:01 pm

I never see empty space my good friend. Never. Void is a bad term, tends to leave one with the impression there is nothing there.
:?
Nothing where? My personal dislike is 'chaos' which just means 'void' or 'gap'. I tend towrds Weboflife's view that there is order everywhere.
I don't believe in nothing...
Neither do I mate. As we say here 'you can't get summat from nowt'.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sat May 10, 2008 6:14 pm

Aside from which, I seem to recall that the "voids" in WMAP are just "cold" spots, which have been interpreted as a lack of stars or other "hot" matter? Something to that effect... I forget the exact way they phrased it, but it seemed a bit odd to me.

~Michael
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sun May 11, 2008 3:49 pm

webolife wrote:"Void" reminds me of the atomic field, also the planetary "particles" of the solar system with respect to the sun, and the interstellar space between, say, Sol and Alpha Centauri, the space between the Milky Way and its nearest big neighbors, M31 or the Virgo cluster, and those amazing "voids" in the double octahedral structure of the local intergalactic cluster field, and finally the webbed appearance of the cosmic galactic field... I see structure in every scale. The final TOE will show that all of these structures comply with the same geometry... I think I disagree with Dave's contention that the dentist doesn't need or use elements of atomic structure, etc. in his dentistry... everywhere I go, everywhere I look, I see the unified field at work and in evidence, as my mind embraces the light.
I thought about that and realized the person, or people, that come up with the composite's of fillings, be they almalgums or mercury :? must use chemistry, atomic bonding and mechanical bonding knowledge.

So really its much related to Valance band e- and atomic geomertry and structural geometry when we fuse the tooth with the filling post cavity excavation.

Now the average dentist, never thinks about it, although he is well schooled in the theory at university, but somebody somewhere was thing atomic bonding.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord