Huge Black Hole Catapulted Through Space

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

junglelord

Huge Black Hole Catapulted Through Space

Unread post by junglelord » Thu May 01, 2008 3:54 am

Talk about "fringe"! Talk about dogma delivered as FACT! Talk about BS! Talk about Gravity Waves like you have ever measured one...talk about black holes like you have actually ever imagined one, talk about the Church of Cosmology (yeah I used to be a brainwashed member, gold card carrying bought and sold dumbledorf).
:evil:
A colossal black hole has been spotted exiting its home galaxy, kicked out after a huge cosmic merger took place.

The event, seen for the first time, was announced today.

When two colliding galaxies finally merge, it is thought that the black holes at their cores may fuse together too. Astronomers have theorized that the resulting energy release could propel the new black hole from its parent galaxy out into space, but no one has found such an event.

"We have observed the pre-merger stages of black holes," said Stefanie Komossa of the Max Planck Institute for extraterrestrial Physics, part of the team that made the new discovery. "But we haven't seen the actual merger event."

Komossa and her team have now detected the consequences of such a merger: a 100-million-solar mass black hole in the process of leaving its home galaxy.

"The consequence was that the merged black hole, the final product, the new black hole was expelled from the galaxy," Komossa said. The team's results are detailed in the May 10 issue of the journal Astrophysical Journal Letters.

Black holes get a kick

Komossa explained that the theory behind these mergers follows from the observations that many galaxies have very massive black holes at their cores. If two galaxies with these black holes collide, "then it's sort of inevitable that these two black holes will come very close to each other."

The black holes may not merge right away though.

"One possibility is that for a long time they just orbit each other," like binary stars, Komossa told SPACE.com.

Eventually, the orbiting black holes might interact with a star or surrounding gas which could cause them to lose angular momentum. "That would be a way to push them ever-closer towards each other," Komossa said.

Eventually, the black holes would fuse, and "in the final coalescence, or merger, of these two black holes, a giant burst of gravitational waves is emitted," she said. "Since these waves are generally emitted in one preferred direction, the black hole is then kicked in the other direction."

The "kick" the black hole receives is akin to the recoil of a rifle. It can propel the black hole to speeds of up to several thousand kilometers per second, according theoretical simulations. The escaping black hole Komossa and her team observed was racing along at 5,900,000 mph (2,650 kilometers per second).

The pull of the galaxy's gravity is no match for these incredible speeds, and the black hole, "will inevitably go to intergalactic space," Komossa said.

Galactic evolution

In theory, these mergers and escapes would leave several black holes without galaxies and galaxies without black holes out in space.

Detecting black holes at the center of galaxies is a difficult process. Because their gravity is so powerful, light is trapped, which is why they're black. Only by looking at their effects on surrounding material are they presumed to exist, and this is typically done only with relatively nearby galaxies, so looking for a missing black hole in the center of a distant galaxy is a tricky prospect.

The evolution of black holes and galaxies is very closely linked, so what exactly the effect would be on the separated partners is uncertain and the subject of further research.

In simulations where a black hole receives a slightly weaker kick, it can't escape the galaxy's gravity, so it falls back and oscillates until it comes to rest again at the galaxy's core. Recent simulations of this situation showed that stellar orbits adjust to the yo-yoing black hole, "so it clearly has an effect on the core of the galaxy," Komossa said.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0 ... rkick.html
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

junglelord

Re: Huge Black Hole Catapulted Through Space

Unread post by junglelord » Thu May 01, 2008 4:06 am

I logged on and became a member to deliver this message to the masses
There has NEVER BEEN a Gravity Wave measured, Ever. There has NEVER BEEN a black hole imaged. They talk dogma...not fact.

The entire story is delivered without a shred of evidence, just dogma spoken like fact. Where is the measured Gravity Wave experiment? Where is the imaged Black Hole? No where to be found. Church of Cosmology.

The Swarchilds Radius NEVER precluded to a Black Hole. Einstein NEVER believed in Black Holes because SR breaks down under such conditions of a singularity.

No one knows what Gravity is or has isolated a Graviton or a Gravity Wave. No one has ever imaged a Black Hole. Infact the exact opposite is found at the center of all Galaxies...its a intensely bright plasmoid. The universe is 99.99999% PLASMA. The Universe is Electric.

Modern Cosmology is a Church of Dogma, not fact or any evidence, just blind faith in our religous leaders of Cosmology.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Drethon

Unread post by Drethon » Thu May 01, 2008 5:53 am

So if the "galactic black hole" is departing a galaxy, does the galaxy's center look any different from other galaxies that still have their black hole?

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu May 01, 2008 6:39 am

Drethon wrote:So if the "galactic black hole" is departing a galaxy, does the galaxy's center look any different from other galaxies that still have their black hole?
Have I got an image for you, Drethon...
Artist's conception of a black hole ejected from a galaxy.<br />Image Credit: Illustration: MPE, optical image: HST
Artist's conception of a black hole ejected from a galaxy.
Image Credit: Illustration: MPE, optical image: HST
:o

I know, I know, it looks like I've just had a bit of fun with the Gimp but really, this is the image which accompanied the above story at spacedaily.com. Not only that, but it wasn't spacedaily's pic, but straight from the Max-Planck Institute, no less. In fact the whole spacedaily article was taken word for word from the original press-release.

I can feel a Thunderblog coming on... :mrgreen:

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 am

I just love all these 'Artist's conception' images.
... from the Max-Planck Institute, no less.
One wonders why the Max Plack Initute needs to employ in-house artists. It's just a pity that the artist didn't manage to capture the catapult as well.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu May 01, 2008 8:44 am

Searching the heavens -- GLAST
http://www.physorg.com/news128856334.html
A new space mission, due to launch this month, is going to shed light on some of the most extreme astrophysical processes in nature - including pulsars, remnants of supernovae, and supermassive black holes. It could even help us comprehend the origin and distribution of dark matter, write three scientists currently preparing for the GLAST mission from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Centre in Greenbelt, Maryland, USA, in this month’s Physics World.
Black holes, for example, accelerate matter to produce extreme energies in active galaxies.
So BHs can not only be catapulted but can also catapult stuff themselves?
Sadly there was no artist's concept.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Thu May 01, 2008 11:46 am

Grey Cloud wrote:I just love all these 'Artist's conception' images.
Has anyone else noticed how their "artists' conceptions" have degenerated at the same pace as their official explanations down to about the 7-year-old mentality (no offence to 7-year-olds)? For instance, their "catapulted" black hole image seems to be nothing more than the icing and liquorish drop off of a cupcake! :roll:

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Thu May 01, 2008 12:23 pm

davesmith_au wrote:I can feel a Thunderblog coming on... :mrgreen:
Go get 'em, Dave... ;) Whenever I read your satyrical rants against the "Church," I sometimes like to invoke the voice and styling of either Rodney Dangerfield or Lewis Black, as well as an occassional imaginary rim-shot! :lol:

I really welcome your cynical comic relief in an arena that could otherwise become quite stuffy... very fascinating, for sure, but stuffy. I find that I must laugh at the increasingly foolish and expensive absurdities being spewed by the "priests" because it's about the only thing preventing me from picking up a tire-iron and starting a riot! :shock:
It's all about perception.

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Thu May 01, 2008 1:14 pm

We have to learn again that science without contact with experiments is an enterprise which is likely to go completely astray into imaginary conjecture. - Hannes Alfven
It appears that era is upon us.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Thu May 01, 2008 1:51 pm

StevenJay wrote:
Has anyone else noticed how their "artists' conceptions" have degenerated at the same pace as their official explanations down to about the 7-year-old mentality (no offence to 7-year-olds)? For instance, their "catapulted" black hole image seems to be nothing more than the icing and liquorish drop off of a cupcake!
Yep! My first impression was the same except that I had a black cherry.
I then came across this:
Rossi X-ray Timing Explorer Satellite Pins Down Timer in Stellar Ticking Time Bomb
http://www.physorg.com/news128775105.html
thermonuke
thermonuke
That one made me think of a balloon. I have now formulated a working hypothesis that the Universe is in fact nothing more than a children's party. In order to prove my hypothesis I need an image of a celestial phenomena wearing a paper hat, then it's just a case of sitting back and waiting for the postman to deliver my Nobel Laureate.

Perhaps we should start a gallery?

Re the Thunderblog:
Go get 'em, Dave
- Seconded and passed.

Solar wrote:
It appears that era is upon us.
Sadly, I think you are right mate.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Thu May 01, 2008 6:12 pm

That one made me think of a balloon. I have now formulated a working hypothesis that the Universe is in fact nothing more than a children's party. In order to prove my hypothesis I need an image of a celestial phenomena wearing a paper hat, then it's just a case of sitting back and waiting for the postman to deliver my Nobel Laureate.

Perhaps we should start a gallery?
ROL...HAHAHA.
(sad to say I used to point to pictures of galaxies with intensly bright plasmoid centers and say "There was a massive black hole there at the center!" Dispite what my eyes told me, my brainwashed mind from the Chruch of Cosmology had me seeing things that were not there....go figure! Oh yeah I used to preach it too....the blind leading the blind into the event horizon, oh what a fool I have been.)
:oops:
Ok lets start a gallery, mine is from wiki.
:?
Well I would like just one estimate of the acutal Schwarzchild Radius of these supermassive black holes. I mean why is it that we cannot see them? Even in the actual satellite image below I see I bright plasmoid. With added artist rendition above it to draw in the black hole that is not there. They said on the History Channel that the superheated gas (I would call it Plasma) is a sure sign of the Black Hole. Is not a black hole a sure sign of a Black Hole? After all thats what the artist always draw...not a bright plasmoid. Its wrong in another way too his painting. He forgot the magical jets of relativistic Radio Waves from the poles. After all this is a supermassive black hole and therefore needs magic jets.
;) :lol:

Why always give them Magic Jets to eject material from you ask? Other then the fact that there actually are Radio Jets....LOL,
;)
These things that they cannot explain, but rather try to explain away....wtih a north south pole. Well thats another story.
:lol:

I just don't see the Hole. If anything I see a MECO. Paint what you want, I see a Plasmoid MECO. I guess the real question really becomes "what kind of art is this anyway", not what does the black hole look like? Impressionist? Certainly not Realism.
:lol:
Not if he is painting from the Satellite photos of these Supermassive "black holes".
;)

Lets see if we can calulate this radius ourselves. Just for fun at the party....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermassive_black_hole
A supermassive black hole is a black hole with a mass of an order of magnitude between 105 and 1010 (hundreds of thousands and tens of billions) of solar masses. It is currently thought that most, if not all galaxies, including the Milky Way, contain supermassive black holes at their galactic centers. There is also evidence that two supermassive black holes can co-exist in the same galaxy for a certain amount of time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwarzschild_radius
— Nikola Tesla
— Junglelord.
— Junglelord

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu May 01, 2008 8:19 pm

OK guys and gals, knock yerselves out! :mrgreen:

And remember, to comment on the blog itself go over to the Thunderblogs forum. I'd actually like to encourage folk to start discussions of some of the Thunderblogs over there, so the 'general public' may feel more inclined to chime in. And same goes for the TPODs.

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

bdw000

Unread post by bdw000 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:26 pm

Is this a case of "science imitating art," or is it the other way around? :D

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Fri May 02, 2008 3:54 am

bdw000 wrote:Is this a case of "science imitating art," or is it the other way around? :D
More like science and art imitating comedy. B Hole drawn by A Hole?

And Dave, thanks for the Tblog. Iliked the comment from a colleague comparing it to a 50's B-movie. As anyone tried magnifying the image, we might be able to see the strings holding up the black hole.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

StevenJay

Unread post by StevenJay » Fri May 02, 2008 9:33 am

After a bit of digging, I managed to track down the MPI harteest in question...
Actually, she's not too bad, considering her age.
She was quoted as saying that, in this case, her compensation for services rendered
was the cupcake she used to model the black hole.
She was obviously quite satisfied with that arrangement.
It's all about perception.