Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby kmerrell » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Interesting discovery of a comet by a Russian scientist last month. Original estimates put it's trajectory within 8 Astronomical Units (AU) of earth, but revised numbers put it much closer at 0.15 au. Its arrival comes this Autumn (Sept/Oct) with Earth passing through its debris trail around November. Maybe something to keep an eye on...

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=C/2010%20X1
http://secchi.nrl.navy.mil/STEREOorbit/C2010_X1.html
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/22167 ... is-Coming-
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread652072/pg1
Attachments
0275420efcc6.gif
0275420efcc6.gif (5.92 KiB) Viewed 28630 times
kmerrell
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:12 am

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby Nitai » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:09 am

I'm bumping this because I'm getting more curious..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C/2010_X1

According to the Wikipedia article, this comet has an approximate period of 38,000 years. This would take it WAYYYYYYY out of the solar system, especially since it has a pretty small perihelion distance - about 0.44 AU.

Now according to Electric Comet theory, this means that this comet has a very very long time to pick up the interstellar charge, and then a very short time in the solar system..

What is coming..?

What was that comet that flared up and became the largest object in the solar system?
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.
Nitai
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby starbiter » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:29 am

I'm surprised no one responded to this earlier. This could end the use of electricity on our planet for generations if the comet tail brushes the Earth, or not. The negative charge Nitai refers to could produce many Tunguska, Chicago Fire type events. With our reliance on vulnerable metallic circuits, a flyby through the negatively charged comet tail could make survivalist skills essential. I wouldn't want to be in a large city with no electricity for years.

Maybe realtors will start looking at caves in the mountains.

michael
I Ching #49 The Image
Fire in the lake: the image of REVOLUTION
Thus the superior man
Sets the calender in order
And makes the seasons clear

www.EU-geology.com

http://www.michaelsteinbacher.com
User avatar
starbiter
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:11 am
Location: Antelope CA

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby davesmith_au » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:32 am

Nitai wrote:What was that comet that flared up and became the largest object in the solar system?


I think you're referring to comet 17P/Holmes:

Forum:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45&start=90

Interwebs:
http://www2.ess.ucla.edu/~jewitt/holmes.html

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster
User avatar
davesmith_au
Site Admin
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:29 pm
Location: Adelaide, the great land of Oz

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby Nitai » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:41 am

davesmith_au wrote:
Nitai wrote:What was that comet that flared up and became the largest object in the solar system?


I think you're referring to comet 17P/Holmes:

Forum:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45&start=90

Interwebs:
http://www2.ess.ucla.edu/~jewitt/holmes.html

Cheers, Dave.


Yes you are correct. I went searching after posting this.. an interesting note is that Comet Holmes was nothing near the orbital period of this comet Elenin..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Holmes

Orbital period of 6.9 years..

What will happen to a comet with an orbital period of 38,000 years?!?! :o
Comet Elenin goes way way out.. I'm having trouble finding any comet that goes out as far as that one does, and comes as close as .44 AU!
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.
Nitai
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby Nitai » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Does anyone have contact with Wallace Thornhill? Could someone maybe ask what he thinks of Comet Elenin?
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.
Nitai
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby tayga » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Nitai wrote:Does anyone have contact with Wallace Thornhill? Could someone maybe ask what he thinks of Comet Elenin?


Agreed, Nitai. Referring to the wikipedia link cited above, there are mainstream predictions for Comet Elenin which would be vastly different from those expected from the electric comet model. This could be a landmark event.
tayga


It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.

- Richard P. Feynman

Normal science does not aim at novelties of fact or theory and, when successful, finds none.
- Thomas Kuhn
User avatar
tayga
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:54 am

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby Nitai » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:11 pm

tayga wrote:
Nitai wrote:Does anyone have contact with Wallace Thornhill? Could someone maybe ask what he thinks of Comet Elenin?


Agreed, Nitai. Referring to the wikipedia link cited above, there are mainstream predictions for Comet Elenin which would be vastly different from those expected from the electric comet model. This could be a landmark event.


Especially if we are going to be getting FRONT ROW SEATS to a once a 38,00 year event..

Is anyone else getting excited? 8-)
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.
Nitai
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby Nitai » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Here is a picture from the JPL Small Body Browser
Image

As you can see here in this picture the path of the comet is indicated by the blue lines. When the line changes color that is when it has gone ABOVE the ecliptic. As you can see from this date that it hasn't been above the ecliptic long, giving it a very good angle toward earth. We will be looking DOWN THE BARREL of the cometary tail on this day at 0.392 AU from Earth.
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.
Nitai
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby JaJa » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 am

Image

On a different note there is a nice video of comet Scheila below who is in the vicinity around same time Elenin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/596_Scheila

Asteroid 596 Scheila Outburst 4 hour Animation Narrowfield L - Dec 13

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43846774@N02/5258497381/
Omnia in numeris sita sunt
User avatar
JaJa
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:23 am

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby Aardwolf » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:42 am

I'm not sure there will be any extraordinary outburst from this comet. My feeling is that the reason 17P/Holmes reacted as it did, is because in late 2007, the four inner planets were roughly aligned on one side of the system, and it joined in this alignment. Coincidently (or maybe not...) I believe this alignment pointed to the galactic centre.
Aardwolf
 
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:56 am

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby allynh » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:23 am

BTW, The broken link in the first post for the SOTT.net post is:
kmerrell wrote:Comet Elenin is Coming!
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/22167 ... is-Coming-

Jump to the JPL link for the comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) and play with the controls. Just start clicking on obvious things and have fun; you can't break anything.

JPL Small-Body Database Browser
C/2010 X1 (Elenin)
http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=C/2010%20X1

These are some of the comets mentioned so far.

17P/Holmes
http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=17P

596 Scheila (1906 UA)
http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=596

Bookmark the JPL home page and go back to it on a regular basis to learn the various tools. There is a ton of information freely available.

JPL Solar System Dynamics
http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/

One easy way to find a comet on the JPL browser is first go to the Wiki page and find the official name and enter it in the JPL browser. If you look on the Wiki page you can usually find the link, but it's good practice to get familiar with the JPL browser.

Category:Comets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Comets

If you look at the Wiki page you will also see links to various lists like:

List of periodic comets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_periodic_comets

List of non-periodic comets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_no ... dic_comets

And various types like:

Great Comet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_comet

Lost comet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_comet

Extinct comet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinct_comet

Learn the tools/resources, gain the power. Ha!
allynh
 
Posts: 906
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby nick c » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:39 pm

hi Nitai,
Now according to Electric Comet theory, this means that this comet has a very very long time to pick up the interstellar charge, and then a very short time in the solar system..

What is coming..?

What was that comet that flared up and became the largest object in the solar system?

Yes, this could be a spectacular show or it could be a fizzle. Remember Comet Kohoutek in the 1970's? Maybe it was before your time, although the comet was a naked eye object, the anticipation of it as the Great Comet of the century was a big let down. So, we just have to wait and see.
(Holmes 17P is a different type of beast altogether. It's orbit is entirely between Mars and Jupiter, if not for its' propensity to flare up, Holmes would be categorized as an insignificant member of the asteroid belt.)
If comet Elenin turns out to be bright and spectacular it will not only be interesting to observe astronomically, but also to observe the socio-psychological effects as great comets tend to bring out many repressed collective fears and memories resulting in bizarre forms of behavior.

Nick
User avatar
nick c
Moderator
 
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:12 pm
Location: connecticut

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby Nitai » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:13 pm

nick c wrote:hi Nitai,
Now according to Electric Comet theory, this means that this comet has a very very long time to pick up the interstellar charge, and then a very short time in the solar system..

What is coming..?

What was that comet that flared up and became the largest object in the solar system?

Yes, this could be a spectacular show or it could be a fizzle. Remember Comet Kohoutek in the 1970's? Maybe it was before your time, although the comet was a naked eye object, the anticipation of it as the Great Comet of the century was a big let down. So, we just have to wait and see.
(Holmes 17P is a different type of beast altogether. It's orbit is entirely between Mars and Jupiter, if not for its' propensity to flare up, Holmes would be categorized as an insignificant member of the asteroid belt.)
If comet Elenin turns out to be bright and spectacular it will not only be interesting to observe astronomically, but also to observe the socio-psychological effects as great comets tend to bring out many repressed collective fears and memories resulting in bizarre forms of behavior.

Nick


Like Egypt Uprising.. :mrgreen:
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.
Nitai
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread postby Nitai » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:27 pm

starbiter wrote:I'm surprised no one responded to this earlier. This could end the use of electricity on our planet for generations if the comet tail brushes the Earth, or not. The negative charge Nitai refers to could produce many Tunguska, Chicago Fire type events. With our reliance on vulnerable metallic circuits, a flyby through the negatively charged comet tail could make survivalist skills essential. I wouldn't want to be in a large city with no electricity for years.

Maybe realtors will start looking at caves in the mountains.

michael


Hey Michael,

What do you think the potential of something like this being? Do you see it disrupting satellites at all, or the power grid?

What events in the past do you think rival something that we could be seeing in your pinion?

Do you think any ancient cultures witnessed any close comet encounters?
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.
Nitai
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am

Next

Return to Electric Universe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest