Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

malkeet_v

Re: Comet Elenin on anyone's radar yet?

Unread post by malkeet_v » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:32 pm

INTERSETING STUDY-----
Astronomical alignments as the cause of ~M6+ seismicity
I here demonstrate empirically my georesonator concept in which tidally induced magnification of Earth masses' resonance causes seismicity. To that end, I show that all strong (~M6+) earthquakes of 2010 occurred during the Earth's long (t>3 day) astronomical alignments within our solar system. I then show that the same holds true for all very strong (~M8+) earthquakes of the decade of 2000s. Finally, the strongest (M8.6+) earthquakes of the past century are shown to have occurred during the Earth's multiple long alignments, whereas half of the high-strongest (M9+) ones occurred during the Full Moon. I used the comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin), as it has been adding to robustness in terms of very strong seismicity since 2007 (in terms of strongest seismicity: since 1965). The Elenin will continue intensifying the Earth's very strong seismicity until August-October, 2011. Approximate forecast of earthquakes based on my discoveries is feasible. This demonstration proves my hyperresonator concept, arrived at earlier as a mathematical-physical solution to the most general extension of the georesonator concept possible

http://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/1104.2036[/highlight]

Malkeet Virk

malkeet_v

Unread post by malkeet_v » Mon May 02, 2011 12:19 am

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon May 02, 2011 11:22 am

Excerpt from "update":
On the basis of quality estimatesof the comet’s brightness, the photometric model of comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin) has been revised by Artem Novichonok. According to the new prediction, the comet may reach a brightness of mag. 4 near perihelion, and that is without accounting for the effect of forward scattering, when the comet is directly between the Earth and the Sun. Tiny icy dust particles will scatter light passing through them, and the comet’s brightness, which we can observe on images taken by SOHO’s space coronagraph, will increase.
Predictions, based upon assumptions, all built upon a foundation of ignorance.....tiny icy dust particles. :roll:

good work, Artem , in parroting the falsified, consensus theory.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon May 02, 2011 12:04 pm

malkeet_v wrote:INTERSETING STUDY-----
Astronomical alignments as the cause of ~M6+ seismicity
I here demonstrate empirically my georesonator concept in which tidally induced magnification of Earth masses' resonance causes seismicity. To that end, I show that all strong (~M6+) earthquakes of 2010 occurred during the Earth's long (t>3 day) astronomical alignments within our solar system. I then show that the same holds true for all very strong (~M8+) earthquakes of the decade of 2000s. Finally, the strongest (M8.6+) earthquakes of the past century are shown to have occurred during the Earth's multiple long alignments, whereas half of the high-strongest (M9+) ones occurred during the Full Moon. I used the comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin), as it has been adding to robustness in terms of very strong seismicity since 2007 (in terms of strongest seismicity: since 1965). The Elenin will continue intensifying the Earth's very strong seismicity until August-October, 2011. Approximate forecast of earthquakes based on my discoveries is feasible. This demonstration proves my hyperresonator concept, arrived at earlier as a mathematical-physical solution to the most general extension of the georesonator concept possible

http://lanl.arxiv.org/abs/1104.2036[/highlight]

Malkeet Virk
I took a little time to glance at this pdf....hate pdf's!

I see cause and effect problems here...for instance, how many times were there alignments and NO EARTHQUAKES?

Electrical connections apparently were not considered.

How big is this comet, that it could have a gravitational effect upon earth at distance?

"Gravitational Shadowing"?...Do i have a G Shadow?,,,or an interacting G force/field?

Limited data, suspect conclusions. two stars out of five. :D
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

Recursive1

Unread post by Recursive1 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:06 am

I certainly am "looking up" with concern for cosmic events such as "Comet Elenin", if that is what it is. Many suspect it is much more, a brown dwarf star with a highly elliptical orbit that causes periodic disruptions that caused ancients to call it the "Destroyer". NASA tracking charts show this object, whatever it is, coming as close as .15 AU from Earth! Even a rogue planet at that distance, about 13 million miles, would be highly interactive, seeing this object is often reported to be several times the mass of Jupiter! Even a tiny dead star at that range would be devastating!

QUESTION: Would a Faraday Cage, a grounded metal box, protect an unconnected emergency generator set from a big EMP caused by Comet Elenin or cosmic body, even a solar flare or CME? I speak of a tri-fuel generator set such as are commonly sold to the American public. Anybody have an answer? We need to be prepared for "the day after"! :o

David McElroy
mcelchap@hotmail.com
www.OnlyWay.com

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Fri May 06, 2011 8:51 am

Recursive1 wrote:I certainly am "looking up" with concern for cosmic events such as "Comet Elenin", if that is what it is. Many suspect it is much more, a brown dwarf star with a highly elliptical orbit that causes periodic disruptions that caused ancients to call it the "Destroyer". NASA tracking charts show this object, whatever it is, coming as close as .15 AU from Earth! Even a rogue planet at that distance, about 13 million miles, would be highly interactive, seeing this object is often reported to be several times the mass of Jupiter! Even a tiny dead star at that range would be devastating!
could you provide links to source of your "size" information...thanks
QUESTION: Would a Faraday Cage, a grounded metal box, protect an unconnected emergency generator set from a big EMP caused by Comet Elenin or cosmic body, even a solar flare or CME? I speak of a tri-fuel generator set such as are commonly sold to the American public. Anybody have an answer? We need to be prepared for "the day after"! :o

David McElroy
mcelchap@hotmail.com
http://www.OnlyWay.com
yes, shielding from EMP would be needed....or just remove the computer and shield it...

if this thing is a big as you say, we need to be concerned about more physically destructive possibilities, ie., it fissioning and part or parts hitting earth.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri May 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Recursive1 wrote: NASA tracking charts show this object, whatever it is, coming as close as .15 AU from Earth! Even a rogue planet at that distance, about 13 million miles, would be highly interactive, seeing this object is often reported to be several times the mass of Jupiter! Even a tiny dead star at that range would be devastating!
According to the NASA site the closest approach will be about .232 AU or around 21 million miles, on Oct 17, 2011.
http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=C ... ;cad=0#orb
Keep in mind that Venus can be 24 million miles (inferior conjunction) at its' closest approach to Earth.

At its' present position beyond the orbit of Mars at 1.8 AU, Elenin is a faint telescopic object. At that distance a planet sized object would be one of the brightest "stars" in the night sky, and if it were Jupiter sized it would be visually spectacular, a shining beacon that would make everyone take notice! But no...large amateur telescopes are straining to even catch a glimpse of Elenin, it is likely a small object, probably a big rock.

In September/October it could, nevertheless, put on an interesting visual display....or maybe not.

Nick

Vek

Unread post by Vek » Sat May 07, 2011 2:38 pm

Colesakick wrote:Laramie has taught me a great deal about dark matter and dark energy

Apparently we already have time travel on earth
By any chance has someone posted a link to this place up on the David Icke site? :shock: ;)
"You will see that when the filters are cleared, that we are all connected.
This is just the way it is."
Junglelord

Komorikid

Unread post by Komorikid » Sat May 14, 2011 7:31 pm

For those interested, Mike's latest YouTube vid is here

http://www.youtube.com/user/markinportl ... mjdjf9SeFw

He has updated the alignments into consecutive dates for those who want to keep tabs its progress.
Fiction can't be proven. Fact can't be denied - Paul M

Eileenla

Unread post by Eileenla » Wed May 25, 2011 8:03 am

Hey all,

There are internet rumors galore flying now that this Comet (Elenin) is actually a brown dwarf star and not a comet, and that when it's been in alignment between the sun and the Earth we've had mega quakes here - Chile in 2010 and Japan in 2011. Perihelion for this comet/whatever seems to be Sept. 11, 2011, with the next alignment (comet between Earth and the sun on the eliptic) on Sept. 27, 2011.

Whether or not this is a comet or a brown dwarf (which I don't see evidence for other than the rather bizarre periodicity length) what are your thought about the possible effects of its magnetic disturbance on Earth? Could there be a correlation between these alignments and the massive quakes we've been observing, and what might that say for the potential for more quakes in September?

Thanks to anyone who can make some sense out of all the rumors and non-sense out there!

Eileen

mharratsc

Unread post by mharratsc » Wed May 25, 2011 8:07 am

If you subscribe to the notion that earthquakes are related to electrical stress in the Earth, then it would make sense that alignments might induce greater electrical stress than normal (just as planetary alignments probably do, but to a much lesser degree).

See my post above for some thoughts on it.
Mike H.

"I have no fear to shout out my ignorance and let the Wise correct me, for every instance of such narrows the gulf between them and me." -- Michael A. Harrington

Orthogonal

Unread post by Orthogonal » Wed May 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Eileenla wrote:Hey all,

Whether or not this is a comet or a brown dwarf (which I don't see evidence for other than the rather bizarre periodicity length) what are your thought about the possible effects of its magnetic disturbance on Earth? Could there be a correlation between these alignments and the massive quakes we've been observing, and what might that say for the potential for more quakes in September?
Eileen
Definitely NOT a brown dwarf. The comet is supposed to be around the orbit of Mars about now I think. If it were a Brown Dwarf it would be easily visible with the naked eye at night and would have been reported on long ago.

Nitai

Unread post by Nitai » Fri May 27, 2011 8:29 pm

http://spaceobs.org/en/2011/05/25/perha ... -asteroid/
May 21st at 00:52 UT Comet Elenin and asteroid (74732) 1999 RQ176 passed each other at a distance of only 225,830 km, which amounts to 0.59 the average distance between the Earth and Moon. In addition, based on measurements from those same images, the size of the comet’s coma has exceeded 100,000 km, and probably in reality the coma is still larger, and we could see it on images taken with the largest telescopes. If we were on this asteroid we would have seen a simply spectacular view!
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.

goodsamaritan

Unread post by goodsamaritan » Sat May 28, 2011 10:31 am

MOON is a NEW MOON on September 26, 2011

So not only is Sept 26 a predicted alignment for:

SUN - ELENIN - EARTH

it is now also a:

SUN - ELENIN - MOON - EARTH Alignment!

Is that adding insult to injury or what? That just raises the stakes and probabilities of something "happening" does it?

see http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon
change to September 26, 2011 and see for yourself... new moon.

goodsamaritan

Unread post by goodsamaritan » Tue May 31, 2011 3:58 am

In 1996 Comet Hyakutake’s tail measured at 570 million Km LONG. If Elenin’s tail gets that long, it is sure to hit the earth then when it eclipses the sun.

What kind of show are we supposed to see when the earth gets bathed by Elenin's cometary tail?