Relatively little is known about plasma? Are they serious??

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

Relatively little is known about plasma? Are they serious??

Unread post by MGmirkin » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:52 pm

(Journey Into the Science of the Sun)
http://www.wired.com/science/discoverie ... ery_plasma

They actually said this with a straight face?
But even though plasma is the most common state of matter in the universe, relatively little is known about how it works. Scientists hope that by studying it in the lab, they may understand the sun's fusion energy, which would provide limitless, clean power for the planet.
Apparently they're unaware of IEEE's journal(s) in plasma physics? Or, well, ANYthing about plasma?

I mean, hello...?? Read Birkeland! Read Alfven! Read Langmuir! Read CER Bruce & Eric Crew. Read Bostick. Read Peratt / Dessler. Read Thornhill, Scott & Ransom (maybe not *AS* widely published as some of the priors, but still).
Though they weren't plasma scientists per se (I think), read ER Rathbun and Bernard Vonnegut!

It's not rocket science, folks! Though I guess it is PLASMA SCIENCE... Heck, it's even got its own peer reviewed IEEE journal (as mentioned above):

(IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science)
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/RecentIs ... unumber=27

The notion that plasmas are not well understood appears to be something of a bit of rubbish. Perhaps plasma science isn't perfect, but A LOT *IS* known about plasma. Now, if astrophysicists and solar physicists would just apply some of what Birkeland and Alfven pioneered [correctly], we MIGHT just get somewhere... 'Til then, it's a crapshoot, apparently!

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Relatively little is known about plasma? Are they serious??

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:07 pm

Wow Michael, vent! I thought for a second I was reading one of Kwicky's posts... :lol:

Of course they should have simply said "Plasma has been largely ignored by mainstream scientists because they fail to understand it..." :shock:

or

"... little is known by mainstream commentators about how it works because we refuse to ask the right questions of those scientists and engineers (you know, people who actually design working things) who DO know... :o In fact we're so scared some of our precious funding may be diverted in their direction that we actively ignore them and supress their work at the expense of both truth and progress... :? but hey, it's a living... ;) "

Too harsh? Well, perhaps we should re-name the thread "Plasma vents..." 8-)
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:07 am

Little is exposed or admitted to at the public level about the EU and Plasma Science and Plasma History because of National Security, cough!
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:29 am

junglelord wrote:Little is exposed or admitted to at the public level about the EU and Plasma Science and Plasma History because of National Security, cough!
*Hands junglelord a Ricola lozenge* :D
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:20 pm

Ricola ? , that wont help a black ops cough!..... :lol: Damn they move quick huh!! ;)
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:26 pm

"Holy Flying Triangles Batman"
:lol:
Naw they know very little about plasma....at least not anything they will admit too.
:?
By the way I got this standard model for sale, its a real particle accelerator with four on the floor...
:D
Lets all Wave goodbye as we ride off into the Birkeland currents....beam me up Scotty as a BEC. To infinity and beyond!
;)
If I was a Pro wrestler, I would be Dusty Plasma....HAHAHA, move over Dusty Roads.
Snickle....
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord