Magnetism in Space

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Jarvamundo

Magnetism in Space

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi guys,

Please take a look at this paper now being discussed and part of a talk in mainstream http://www.australasianscience.com.au/b ... ensler.pdf

"Magnets in space... where to they come from?"

I think they are getting close.... real close... they will discover maxwells equations soon... shazam... re-write Perratts work!

That document is like a window back in time.
The discovery that interstellar space is magnetic was unexpected and remarkable.

But is this just a piece of cosmic trivia, or is magnetism an important part of the big picture? It turns out that many previously unsolved problems in astronomy suddenly make sense once one includes the effects of interstellar magnetism. As far as life on Earth is concerned, probably the most crucial role that magnets play in space is in the formation of new stars.

Harry Costas

Re: Magnetism in Space

Unread post by Harry Costas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:36 am

G'day

I was looking for a link on axion matter, but I came across this in the comp. Interesting reading.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1001.2682
Control of the chirality and polarity of magnetic vortices in triangular nanodots

Authors: M. Jaafar, R. Yanes, D. Perez de Lara, O. Chubykalo-Fesenko, A. Asenjo, E.M. Gonzalez, J.V. Anguita, M. Vazquez, J.L. Vicent
(Submitted on 15 Jan 2010)
Abstract: Magnetic vortex dynamics in lithographically prepared nanodots is currently a subject of intensive research, particularly after recent demonstration that the vortex polarity can be controlled by in-plane magnetic field. This has stimulated the proposals of non-volatile vortex magnetic random access memories. In this work, we demonstrate that triangular nanodots offer a real alternative where vortex chirality, in addition to polarity, can be controlled. In the static regime, we show that vortex chirality can be tailored by applying in-plane magnetic field, which is experimentally imaged by means of Variable-Field Magnetic Force Microscopy. In addition, the polarity can be also controlled by applying a suitable out-of-plane magnetic field component. The experiment and simulations show that to control the vortex polarity, the out-of-plane field component, in this particular case, should be higher than the in-plane nucleation field. Micromagnetic simulations in the dynamical regime show that the magnetic vortex polarity can be changed with short-duration magnetic field pulses, while longer pulses change the vortex chirality.
The property of preon particles forming a string with a spin leads to magnetic fields. They form a dynamotor self functioning rather then a dynamo that requires feeding to function.

I'll come back I'm looking for a link.

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:52 am

G'day

I do not think that classical black holes exist, although the word black hole is used and has become contextual. With that I find the following link interesting reading. Its not a total explanation or understanding but! I think research in this area is exploding.

String Axiverse
May-09
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2009arXiv0905.4720A
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-d ... db_key=PRE
String theory suggests the simultaneous presence of many ultralight axions possibly populating each decade of mass down to the Hubble scale 10^-33eV. Conversely the presence of such a plenitude of axions (an "axiverse") would be evidence for string theory, since it arises due to the topological complexity of the extra-dimensional manifold and is ad hoc in a theory with just the four familiar dimensions. We investigate how upcoming astrophysical experiments will explore the existence of such axions over a vast mass range from 10^-33eV to 10^-10eV. Axions with masses between 10^-33eV to 10^-28eV cause a rotation of the CMB polarization that is constant throughout the sky. The predicted rotation angle is of order \alpha~1/137. Axions in the mass range 10^-28eV to 10^-18eV give rise to multiple steps in the matter power spectrum, that will be probed by upcoming galaxy surveys. Axions in the mass range 10^-22eV to 10^-10eV affect the dynamics and gravitational wave emission of rapidly rotating astrophysical black holes through the Penrose superradiance process. When the axion Compton wavelength is of order of the black hole size, the axions develop "superradiant" atomic bound states around the black hole "nucleus". Their occupation number grows exponentially by extracting rotational energy from the ergosphere, culminating in a rotating Bose-Einstein axion condensate emitting gravitational waves. This mechanism creates mass gaps in the spectrum of rapidly rotating black holes that diagnose the presence of axions. The rapidly rotating black hole in the X-ray binary LMC X-1 implies an upper limit on the decay constant of the QCD axion f_a<2*10^17GeV, much below the Planck mass. This reach can be improved down to the grand unification scale f_a<2*10^16GeV, by observing smaller stellar mass black holes.
If you think of an electromagnet, it only funtions when electricity is flowing now imagine an electromagnet with an inbuilt supply of electrons so to speak.

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:54 am

This seems to be investigating a non-electro source for this magnetism... As opposed to the well known plasma birkeland current phenomena?

edit... ahh gotcha internal vs external source here...

It seems a way for the non-electrical hypothesis to explain magnetic phenomena.... Are there any experimentally verifiable results supporting this stuff... seems like layers of string-theory mathematics? Birkeland currents seem far more elegant, not to mention observed.

Lots count of the mentions of "String theory", "black hole" and "gravitational wave".... err invoking quite a few hypotheticals there... totally agree it's becoming the fashion due to observations of Faraday Rotation mentioned in the first paper.

Some Maxwell equations and a 1983 computer gives you Peratt's simulation results... and we don't need all these hypotheticals.

Thanks for the paper tho, good to expand.

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:15 am

G'day

It's all electrical.

You can attack the issue from any angle and level.

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:21 am

G'day

Keep in mind that I do not think that classical black holes exist.

While looking for another paper I tripped over this one.

http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0005494
Making Clean Energy with a Kerr Black Hole: a Tokamak Model for Gamma-Ray Bursts

Authors: Li-Xin Li (Princeton University)
(Submitted on 24 May 2000 (v1), last revised 2 Aug 2000 (this version, v2))
Abstract: In this paper we present a model for making clean energy with a Kerr black hole. Consider a Kerr black hole with a dense plasma torus spinning around it. A toroidal electric current flows on the surface of the torus, which generates a poloidal magnetic field outside the torus. On the surface of the tours the magnetic field is parallel to the surface. The closed magnetic field lines winding around the torus compress and confine the plasma in the torus, as in the case of tokamaks. Though it is unclear if such a model is stable, we look into the consequences if the model is stable. If the magnetic field is strong enough, the baryonic contamination from the plasma in the torus is greatly suppressed by the magnetic confinement and a clean magnetosphere of electron-positron pairs is built up around the black hole. Since there are no open magnetic field lines threading the torus and no accretion, the power of the torus is zero. If some magnetic field lines threading the black hole are open and connect with loads, clean energy can be extracted from the Kerr black hole by the Blandford-Znajek mechanism.

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:24 am

The closed magnetic field lines winding around the torus compress and confine the plasma in the torus, as in the case of tokamaks.
Donald Scott would faint... There ain't no such thing as MFL... much the same as if you climb a mountain, you don't trip over topographical lines! eeek. And "closed" infers that it can "open" .... This has never ever been done, or we'd have magnetic mono-poles. eeeeeek

WARNING WARNING FAIRIE DUST

It seems to me the inertia is building... mainstreams going to twist, kink, tie up with filth like this and then pow! just like a z-pinch.

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:46 am

I read the first link provided. I read the last link provided. I couldn't bring myself to read anymore.

This poor chap needs to stop daydreaming in his office while playing with mathematical entities; Making Clean Energy with a Kerr Black Hole: a Tokamak Model for Gamma-Ray Bursts, and get outside in a hurry. Perhaps sending him a link to Lerner's Focus Fusion work?

As for the first one:
“The larger one’s ignorance, the stronger the magnetic field”. - The Magnetic Universe
These guys really need to reflect on that. I think it was Alfven who once noted that at some point [theoretical] physicist went in one direction and the practicality of Electrical Engineering went in another. The later obviously held to the relationship of magnetic fields and the electric currents that produce them whereas the former did not. The "lab" of the former is in their head and they keep trying to build or conjure a mechanism that produces magnetism without the inclusion of that which produces it. :shock: The result is that all of the pronouncements regarding the "mystery" of magnetism are identical.

Is there a psychological term for this affliction? Magnetism, is really a Thorn-hill in their side. :lol:
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:29 am

Imagine, if you will, that an electrician and a physicist are in an unoccupied but otherwise functional house. It is night, and the lights are on. Each is equipped with a magnetometer and a drywall saw. Their mission: Determine if there are any magnetic fields present, and if found, map them in terms of polarity and strength. Determine what components in the house could possibly be causing magnetic fields.

Smile, if you can imagine the outcome. Consider yourself an electrician.

Frown, if you don't think there is enough evidence to go on in this scenario, and you will have to fabricate some hypothesis to test. Consider yourself toast.
8-)

Harry Costas

Unread post by Harry Costas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 pm

G'day JJ

Good point

Hello Solar

Eric Lerner I think is on a winner and many years from making it work, but! closing our eyes on other information is not logical. Sometimes learning about things that do not work helps us know what does work.

Do you understand what a Tokamark model is?

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:37 pm

The Tokamak guys at Princeton still use "Magnetic Field Lines" and reconnection.

http://www.pppl.gov/PPPLnews103.cfm
On the sun or in a tokamak, during magnetic reconnection field lines cross, cancel and, as the name implies, reconnect.
The remarkable freezing of magnetic field lines into a plasma can be traced
It's just logically absurd to expect a magnet field line to "open", then "flap around", then "reconnect". It's a vector field... a cloud.. a fog..

This has never, ever, been done otherwise you would have created a magnetic monopole http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_monopole (imagine how useful that would be... sigh we don't have it... it don't exist)

It's a hypothetical, it's only maths, along with GUT and superstrings.

naughty princeton... naughty... you keep skipping with those field lines, you'll trip

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Harry Costas wrote: Hello Solar

Eric Lerner I think is on a winner and many years from making it work, but! closing our eyes on other information is not logical. Sometimes learning about things that do not work helps us know what does work.
Yes, that is true. As stated I actually did read the Kerr BH clean energy hypothesis and the initial link which was something more so for public consumption. I don't mind researching some of the readily available information from 'the other side' if you will. We've been through reams of it. Its just that I've gotten to the point wherein I can only handle so much of it at a sitting. This is due to having been exposed to other material that I consider to be strongly related to the EU and cosmology i.e. Plasma Physics, Konstantine Meyl, Aetherometry, Eric Dollard, Tesla, and the like.

The reason for that is because of the working equipment and repeatable nature of experiments. As soon as Princeton acquires (or produces) a bionafied "black hole" without inducing 'spaghettification' I may change my tune - as we can all then sit around the campfire, kiss and make up; and not worry about where to throw the beer bottles and other trash!
Do you understand what a Tokamark model is?
Generally an attempt at plasma confinement via the production of a toroidal magnetic field.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

Jarvamundo

Unread post by Jarvamundo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Generally an attempt at plasma confinement via the production of a toroidal magnetic field <insert> lines </insert>.
I believe the princeton lads are still using those pesky MF lines! naughty princeton... naughty

I honestly cannot believe i'm actually witnessing mainstream do this massive loop in knowledge only to return back to the greats of Langmuir, Birkeland, Alfven, Perratt and the others you mentioned Tesla, Dollard, Lerner, Thorny ;-).

Just amazing to see it unfold... it truely is time travelling.... "how to choke on the finishing tape (string / lines) for 100yrs" wow. Love the tagline Solar

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Harry Costas wrote: http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0005494
Making Clean Energy with a Kerr Black Hole: a Tokamak Model for Gamma-Ray Bursts

Authors: Li-Xin Li (Princeton University)
(Submitted on 24 May 2000 (v1), last revised 2 Aug 2000 (this version, v2))
At the same time, it has been recently discovered that the vortex polarity could be switched with very small perpendicular field and current pulses 8,11,12 via the mechanism of the vortex-antivortex pair creation13,14,15.
That one I like. Those pesky little "magnetic [topography] lines" are making vortices at their 'touch down points' in materials and can be 'positioned'. Interesting graphical representation over at Department of Materials Science & Metallurgy. Their "Paper of the Month" notes:
Non-volatile electrical control of spin polarization

An electrical current that emerges from a ferromagnetic electrode such as iron contains spin‑polarized electrons, and a current goal of information-storage technology is to electrically control this spin polarization.
But when some astrophysicist see one of these the 'equation' doesn't 'sum' to a vortex producing relationship with plasma as the 'material'. They bust out the drywall saws instead!! - looking for a 'source' of the magnetic field ... "lines".

jjohnson

Unread post by jjohnson » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:37 pm

Those unruly field lines are sure messin' with mainstream stellar fusion's longest running lab experiment - the one designed to demonstrate how the sun is powered at its core in order to be able to produce so much energy. Fusion, under extreme conditions, controlled by the immense force of magnetism. 60 years of failure has led only to more "promising advances". If they cannot show that this is how the Sun is powered, it might have occurred to one or two of them that, "maybe this ain't really the way that sucker works." Has it? Read all the journals and textbooks (except Don Scott's and Juergens's writings). Has it? Have six decades of failure ever featured a reassessment? Have DOE and Congress ever questioned throwing more money down this old rat-hole?

Nah! This is how science works these days!

Meanwhile, mainstream nemesis Eric "The Big Bang Never Happened" Lerner is making slow and careful progress with his home-made, minimally and privately funded clean hybrid fission fusion device using sophisticated materials like concrete block, Unistrut support assemblies, and two by fours to cobble together a benchtop apparatus that likely will lead the way to at least one form of clean energy. Not that it isn't sophisticated and carefully made; it is, but it is also clever and there are observations of similar plasma focus events on Io right in front of everyone's eyes, as a sort of clear example. Go Eric!
:roll: