The Organic Electric Sun

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jacmac

The Organic Electric Sun

Unread post by jacmac » Sat May 11, 2019 10:00 pm

There has been extended discussion in many posts about the nature of the electric sun "circuit."
Often the Anode or Cathode sun is the main topic.
Also, the sun is described as a "discharge" to the Heliosphere.
And, it is said that the poles of the sun receive the main power behind the discharge etc.
I offer here a different mix of views and ideas of the EU:

I think the fundamental structure of the sun is the "quiet sun."

The sun is Organic in the sense that is self organized plasma, condensed in from the heliosphere (where the plasma density is 1/40 of the interstellar density outside the heliosphere). The plasma "drifts in" (Dr Scott) and ultimately forms the double layer above the photosphere(Dr Scott again). This spherical double layer(chromosphere) isolates the trapped plasma below ( the solar granules appear to rise, roll over and return ) from the plasma that is the very bottom of the corona. Thus the relatively calm electrical environment of the solar interior is separated from the bottom of the hot chaotic corona. But, there is also a direct and orderly transfer of energy through the chromosphere(the lowest temperatures of the sun structure = orderly current flow) to maintain the proper voltage and charge at the photosphere and below.

There may be special current at the poles of the sun but, I think the main power of the sun is delivered directly through the chromosphere. Thus there is not a standard CIRCUIT as we know it, with an anode and a cathode.
The double layer isolates, and at the same time feeds the inner plasma.
There is, no doubt, a much different voltage below the photosphere than there is at the heliosphere, but I would not characterize the sun as a "discharge." It seems more complicated.

There is evidence that the individual "flux tubes" of the solar wind are of similar size and correspond to individual granules of the photosphere.
http://lesia.obspm.fr/turbu/talks/Greco ... _turbu.pdf
A sketch of the flux tube texture of the solar-wind plasma. Each flux tube contains a
different plasma and the flux tubes move independently. An end view (right) depicts
the cross sections of the network of tubes. The scale sizes of the flux tubes correspond
to the scale sizes of granules on the solar surface. (From Borovsky, 2008).
(sorry, I am unable to place the photo's here)

So, is there a possible transformer/induction type of connection, at the granular scale, between each granule and its corresponding area at the bottom of the corona, across the chromosphere, which could be a significant part of how the sun works ?

I will save sunspots and the solar cycle for another time.
Thanks for your consideration.
Jack

Zyxzevn

Re: The Organic Electric Sun

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Sun May 12, 2019 8:53 am

Flux tubes are bad science.
They do not really exist.

Instead use currents / electrical paths.

More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Sun May 12, 2019 10:34 am

Yes, I should have added....flux tubes(what we would term Birkeland currents).
I am pointing to the connection between the photosphere granules and the individual parts of the solar wind.
A sketch of the flux-tube structure of the solar-wind plasma. Plasma and magneticfield lines are confined to individual tubes and the walls of the tubes are solar-wind tangential discontinuities.

Michael Mozina

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Zyxzevn wrote:Flux tubes are bad science.
They do not really exist.

Instead use currents / electrical paths.

Terms like flux tubes, magnetic ropes, space slinkies and STEVE are all just different ways for the mainstream to avoid the discussion of current running though plasma. In fairness however the filaments that we see form inside of any ordinary plasma ball do kind of resemble "tubes"/"ropes" of sorts. :)

Michael Mozina

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Sun May 12, 2019 6:00 pm

jacmac wrote:Yes, I should have added....flux tubes(what we would term Birkeland currents).
I am pointing to the connection between the photosphere granules and the individual parts of the solar wind.
A sketch of the flux-tube structure of the solar-wind plasma. Plasma and magneticfield lines are confined to individual tubes and the walls of the tubes are solar-wind tangential discontinuities.
I would say that the photosphere granules are indeed created by convection from the heat that is generated by electrical discharges near and around the actual electrode surface that is located about 4800 KM under the surface of the photosphere. Only the largest "coronal loops" (Birkeland currents/flux tubes/magnetic ropes/yada/yada/yada) are large enough to rise up and through the surface of the photosphere. Where they pierce the surface of the photosphere, they leave their magnetic field signature on the surface of the photosphere and they leave distinct heat signatures on the surface that are visible in 1600A image as well.

I think that's the case regardless if the sun's surface acts as a cathode or an anode with respect to space. If Dr. Scott's/Wal Thornhill's anode solar model is correct, I still think the bulk of the visible discharges seen in 171A, 131A ect, take place under the surface of the photosphere, otherwise we'd see more gamma ray emissions.