Chinese depictions of comets

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

nigma46

Chinese depictions of comets

Unread post by nigma46 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:31 pm

I'm surprised I have not seen these depictions discussed more often. I recently became aware of them reading Dwardu Cardona's God Star. As historical records, they show how comets appeared over time. I'm not sure what order these are supposed to be in, or whether there is any order. But its clear that today comet tails do not branch as they once did. What does this say about the solar system environment back then versus now? What I know about plasma intuitively is that the more power flowing through it, the more it has a need to branch and spread the dissipating charge over a larger area. So then, the comets depicted below are experiencing a greater potential difference relative to the Sun, than regular comets today, indicating a recent electrical neutralization of the modern solar system.

Silk Atlas of Comets from the Hunan Provincial Museum

Source image taken from Album of Relics of Ancient Chinese Astronomy, Zhongguo Gudai Tianwen Wenwu Tuji, CASS (Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Institute of Archaeology), 1980. Beijing. 8, 57.

Detail of astrology manuscript, ink on silk, 2nd century BC, Han dynasty, unearthed from Mawangdui tomb. The page gives descriptions and illustrations of seven comets, from a total of 29 found in the document.

Chinese postage stamp - 1986

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Chinese depictions of comets

Unread post by nick c » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:56 am

So then, the comets depicted below are experiencing a greater potential difference relative to the Sun, than regular comets today, indicating a recent electrical neutralization of the modern solar system.
While the Earth's electrical environment may have been different from today, I think that there is another possibility for the ancient depictions of comets.

The EU position is that the solar system recently underwent a catastrophic rearrangement and as a consequence of electrical interactions between planetary bodies, material was excavated from the bodies involved. The solar system was filled with much more debris as since that time the planets, moons, and the Sun have swept up much of that debris. Furthermore, comets are temporary in that they are on their close approach to the Sun being electrically eroding and broken up, losing much of their material. So the number of comets has been declining. (As a side note, all of our periodic meteor showers are the remains of what were once in the not too distant past spectacular comets.)

Spectacular naked eye comets are a rarity today, that was not so in the past. In the 20th C there were only a few naked eye comets, yet in Roman times naked eye comets were common and at times having more than one visible at the same time. Some were so bright they could be seen in daytime. The appearance of comets were astrologically tied into important national events: wars, birth or death of a king, etc.

We still do see naked eye comets though they are few and far between and less visually spectacular. And those that we do see today exhibit much the same type of tails that are depicted in ancient illustrations. There is a great deal of variation to the shape and structure of cometary tails, both then and now.

So I don't think that the spectacular appearance of comets is necessarily the result of a more intense ambient electrical environment. The simpler explanation is that there was much more debris in the solar system as we go back in time (human history) and spectacular naked eye comets were much more common.

nigma46

Unread post by nigma46 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Right, I agree about the past history, there being more debris and more spectacular comets. But I am specifically refering to the branched nature of the depicted comet tails. I've never seen a modern (last 500years) comet tail with branching.. have you?

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:01 am

I seem to remember seeing some 19th C drawings of comets with all sorts of tail types. I will have to see if I can find something.
Note, I am not disputing that the ambient electrical environment is dynamic.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:51 pm

I see what you are saying about the branching in the images from China.
The images are somewhat similar to what are found on petroglyphs from around the world. Anthony Peratt has noted that the petroglyphs appear to bear a remarkable resemblance to plasma discharges observed in the lab.
Of course a comet is experiencing plasma discharges.

Is there a translation of the text?

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:32 pm

Comets normally do in fact display branching tails: dust tails, ion tails, and not infrequently multiple tails as a result of breaking apart of the comet core. These are not always naked-eye visible, but in some recent cases spectacularly so:
Check out this quick google image search:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&aut ... VxY7A6GDM:
Comet C-2006-P1 [McNaught] was a notable example of the third type suggested above.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

nigma46

Unread post by nigma46 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:42 pm

webolife wrote:Comets normally do in fact display branching tails: dust tails, ion tails, and not infrequently multiple tails as a result of breaking apart of the comet core. These are not always naked-eye visible, but in some recent cases spectacularly so:
Check out this quick google image search: ...
Again, modern comets with dust and oil tails are not branched. Comets that have broken up are not the same as comets with branched tails. Look at the chinese drawings, clear branching just like a tree, dendridic is the word actually. Dendridic like lichtenberg figures, lighting.

So modern comets are in plasma glow mode only, whereas those of the past were of higher energy and in arc mode or at least glow/arc mode. To my understanding, this required a higher potential difference between the ancient comets and the ancient sun.

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:34 pm

nigma46 wrote:
webolife wrote:Comets normally do in fact display branching tails: dust tails, ion tails, and not infrequently multiple tails as a result of breaking apart of the comet core. These are not always naked-eye visible, but in some recent cases spectacularly so:
Check out this quick google image search: ...
Again, modern comets with dust and oil tails are not branched. Comets that have broken up are not the same as comets with branched tails. Look at the chinese drawings, clear branching just like a tree, dendridic is the word actually. Dendridic like lichtenberg figures, lighting.

So modern comets are in plasma glow mode only, whereas those of the past were of higher energy and in arc mode or at least glow/arc mode. To my understanding, this required a higher potential difference between the ancient comets and the ancient sun.
Nigma46, You're maybe taking a (fractal) trace, as the Chinese saw the comet/astroids entering a multi-layer atmosphere, for what modern scopes are seeing far out in space. Different dynamics, wouldn't you think ?

http://www.grahamphillips.net/eden/eden4.html

nigma46

Unread post by nigma46 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:41 pm

seasmith wrote:Nigma46, You're maybe taking a (fractal) trace, as the Chinese saw the comet/astroids entering a multi-layer atmosphere, for what modern scopes are seeing far out in space. Different dynamics, wouldn't you think ?

I'm not sure what you mean. I read the linked article...

What multi-layer atmosphere are you referring to?

seasmith

Unread post by seasmith » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:15 am

nigma46 wrote:
seasmith wrote:Nigma46, You're maybe taking a (fractal) trace, as the Chinese saw the comet/astroids entering a multi-layer atmosphere, for what modern scopes are seeing far out in space. Different dynamics, wouldn't you think ?

I'm not sure what you mean. I read the linked article...

What multi-layer atmosphere are you referring to?
Ionospheres, tropospheres etc.
The link was just for the pictures, showing different celestial objects.

When these events are reenacted at holidays, there is a 'delivery' rocket, and then there are the fireworks falling to Earth.
In the myths, the Chinese (and Toltecs) have a Dragon-in-the-Sky.
If the dragon was Venus, it apparently made more than one pass through the centuries.
The stuff that actually impacted Earth would also leave a distinct impression, but with somewhat different visuals of the events.

We don't really know what passed over and what actually struck, or where...