Epic fail in black hole theory. :)

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Michael Mozina

Epic fail in black hole theory. :)

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Tue May 30, 2017 9:14 pm

http://www.space.com/37001-black-hole-b ... 170529-sdc
It appears the path to becoming a black hole is more complex than astronomers thought. Rather than exploding into a supernova before collapsing into a black hole, as expected, one giant star skipped the pyrotechnics and went straight to the collapse.
You have have wonder if and when the mainstream will ever start considering the implications of circuit theory as it relates to stars. They have so many 'exceptions" to their various rules, and so many holes in their theories, their theories are starting to look like Swiss cheese. :)

Everything is always more "complicated" than they expected, but they're still absolutely sure that electricity is not important when describing events in space. :(

Metryq

Re: Epic fail in black hole theory. :)

Unread post by Metryq » Wed May 31, 2017 3:20 am

I like that—there are holes in their theories about holes.

How shocking.

Bomb20

Unread post by Bomb20 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:29 am

Thank you for the entertaining link! They are totally clueless and totally unwilling to drop their falsified theories.

Michael Mozina

Oooopsy again.....

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:27 pm

https://phys.org/news/2017-06-hard-x-ra ... cleus.html
The scientists report discovering that the extreme X-ray emission is extended, not confined to an inner region, and spans a distance of several thousand light-years rather than just a few hundred. While there have been reports of hard emission outside of the nuclear surrounding in two other galaxies, this is the first time such hard X-ray emission has been found on these large extended scales. Without doubt, this discovery challenges the basic presumption that it comes only from the most rapidly moving charged particles inside the torus. The scientists offer a few speculative explanations, including the possible acceleration of particles in the radio jet, and plan to continue their research with additional observations.
Such observations tend to support Alfven's homopoloar generator model, and the notion that current is flowing through galaxies. They don't jive real well with mainstream theory however...... ;)

oz93666

Unread post by oz93666 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 am

This is another good example of the slightest item of evidence , resulting in a theory feeding frenzy ....

What has happened ... in 2007 hubble saw a star estimated to be 25 times bigger than the sun ... and now , years later it appears to have vanished ..... that's it!...

ONE explanation could be ...blah , blah , blah ...black hole !

BeAChooser

Re: Oooopsy again.....

Unread post by BeAChooser » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:03 am

Michael Mozina wrote:Such observations tend to support Alfven's homopoloar generator model, and the notion that current is flowing through galaxies.
Agreed. What's sad is that when the mainstream's house of cards finally collapses, money for astrophysics research is simply going to dry up. The public is going to look at the billions that were wasted and say no more. So understanding of the universe will be delayed even longer. And who knows what opportunity costs.

Michael Mozina

Re: Oooopsy again.....

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:20 pm

BeAChooser wrote:
Michael Mozina wrote:Such observations tend to support Alfven's homopoloar generator model, and the notion that current is flowing through galaxies.
Agreed. What's sad is that when the mainstream's house of cards finally collapses, money for astrophysics research is simply going to dry up. The public is going to look at the billions that were wasted and say no more. So understanding of the universe will be delayed even longer. And who knows what opportunity costs.
I fear that you could be right, particularly if LIGO's gravitational wave claims also fall apart. I think the public will eventually get upset about all the money that is being wasted sooner or later, and there is likely to be a very negative backlash directed at astrophysics in particular.

It is just so sad to think about how much money we've already wasted. I can't help but wonder what we might actually learn about the universe by recreating Birkeland's whole body of work using modern equipment rather than wasting our limited resources on another dark matter snipe hunt experiment when the NULL results will just be ignored anyway just like all the previous NULL results from all the other previous experiments.

I share your concern that astrophysics is on a collision course with disaster. The fallout could have devastating long term repercussions on the entire field of astronomy. The financial fallout will almost certainly be horrific. I love astronomy and I fear for it's future if the mainstream doesn't get down off it's egotistical high horse and start embracing empirical physics again real soon.

TREVORJJJ

Unread post by TREVORJJJ » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:19 am

From the time I first came across black hole theory it made me angry as hell. When will they stop grasping at stuff of subdued hues and using them to patch the holes in their lives?

It got worse of course, though the neutron star had me in stitches, it was just so hilarious - to me at least. I'm not in the business of cosmology, astrophysics or any type of physics outside electronic design which was my living until I retired. Anyone with a grasp of logic - no pun intended - and basic science can get a feel for something that's either viable or complete rubbish - and that's where I stand - the Higgs got me heated again, especially when they found a particle and nailed the tail to the donkey.

How anyone can truly take any of this seriously any more is beyond me - and every man woman and child should feel cheated by the LHC - 'LOONY HOUSE CONTRIVANCE'.