Lambda-CDM - EU/PC Theory - Confirmation Bias

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: Lambda-CDM - EU/PC Theory - Confirmation Bias

Unread postby querious » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:52 am

comingfrom wrote:
querious wrote:
comingfrom wrote:
querious wrote:LOL, I'd love to see where the Mathis got C=kg/sec. Another mangling of terms to fit his agenda. Charge is actually
kg.5 * m * s-.5

The SI unit of charge, the coulomb, "is the quantity of electricity carried in 1 second by a current of 1 ampere".

The ampere is that constant current which, if maintained in two straight parallel conductors of infinite length, of negligible circular cross-section, and placed one metre apart in vacuum, would produce between these conductors a force equal to 2×10−7 newtons per metre of length.

One newton is the force needed to accelerate one kilogram of mass at the rate of one metre per second squared in direction of the applied force.

Quotes taken from Wikipedia.
Thank you, Querious.

You're missing the full Ampere defining equation, it's spelled out here....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_permeability#The_ampere_defines_vacuum_permeability

Looking at the above equation, the question becomes, how do we assign the magnetic constant and Coulomb their proper mechanical units? By studying the relationships listed in this section....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impedance_of_free_space#Relation_to_other_constants

. . hopefully you'll see that vacuum permittivity and permeability both have dimension 1/c.

A little dimensional analysis reveals Coulomb = kg.5 * m * s -.5
Thank you, Querious.
They have assigned no mass to their field particles, and they have assigned properties to the vacuum instead.
Is what I see.
And what you show me again.

Huh? I just showed you that any mass dimension is assigned to the charge(^2) (Coulomb) of the particle, and NOT to the vacuum properties.
querious

Unread postby Tom In Space » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:32 am

Except they have little to none confirmation.. so it's just ideological bias really ;)
The Armchair Spaceman™️
Tom In Space

Unread postby querious » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:04 pm

querious wrote:
comingfrom wrote:
querious wrote:
comingfrom wrote:
querious wrote:LOL, I'd love to see where the Mathis got C=kg/sec. Another mangling of terms to fit his agenda. Charge is actually
kg.5 * m * s-.5

The SI unit of charge, the coulomb, "is the quantity of electricity carried in 1 second by a current of 1 ampere".

The ampere is that constant current which, if maintained in two straight parallel conductors of infinite length, of negligible circular cross-section, and placed one metre apart in vacuum, would produce between these conductors a force equal to 2×10−7 newtons per metre of length.

One newton is the force needed to accelerate one kilogram of mass at the rate of one metre per second squared in direction of the applied force.

Quotes taken from Wikipedia.
Thank you, Querious.

You're missing the full Ampere defining equation, it's spelled out here....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_permeability#The_ampere_defines_vacuum_permeability

Looking at the above equation, the question becomes, how do we assign the magnetic constant and Coulomb their proper mechanical units? By studying the relationships listed in this section....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impedance_of_free_space#Relation_to_other_constants

. . hopefully you'll see that vacuum permittivity and permeability both have dimension 1/c.

A little dimensional analysis reveals Coulomb = kg.5 * m * s -.5
Thank you, Querious.
They have assigned no mass to their field particles, and they have assigned properties to the vacuum instead.
Is what I see.
And what you show me again.

Huh? I just showed you that any mass dimension is assigned to the charge(^2) (Coulomb) of the particle, and NOT to the vacuum properties.

Comingfrom,
I jumped the gun on my response. You were right, they have assigned no mass dimension to the FIELD particles. I don't think there's a way to assign mechanical units to any single electrical unit.
querious

Unread postby seasmith » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:37 pm

Querious wrote:
Comingfrom,
I jumped the gun on my response. You were right, they have assigned no mass dimension to the FIELD particles. I don't think there's a way to assign mechanical units to any single electrical unit.

Querious, you are getting the drift now. All the SI units eventually come down to a "charge" basis, and some as you've just illustrated, are themselves circular definitions. Now you probably also see why 'charge' is where Mathis begins his reasonings as well.
The remaining questions are to the essential nature of charge: is it fractal in expression, is it holographic in its persistence, is its quantification infinite, or is it also circular in its definition
and etc.
seasmith

Unread postby Michael Mozina » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 am

Tom In Space wrote:Except they have little to none confirmation.. so it's just ideological bias really ;)

True. :)
Michael Mozina

It's been a tough month for dark matter snipe hunts

Unread postby Michael Mozina » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:10 am

https://phys.org/news/2017-11-dark-narrowed.html

These results are a thousand times more sensitive than previous ones and they are based on laboratory measurements rather than astronomical observations. This does not fundamentally rule out the existence of axions, but the scope of characteristics that these particles could have is now distinctly limited.

"The results essentially send physicists back to the drawing board in our hunt for dark matter."

It's been a rough month for the various dark matter snipe hunts. That's three major fails in less than 30 days. PandaX-II, Xenon-1T and now the nEDM Collaboration all came up empty.

But on the bright side, this experiment is supposedly 1000 times more sensitive than any astronomical "test" to date, so they're getting better and better at finding absolutely nothing. :)
Michael Mozina

Re: It's been a tough month for dark matter snipe hunts

Unread postby Vortex_Model » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 pm

Michael Mozina wrote:https://phys.org/news/2017-11-dark-narrowed.html

It's been a rough month for the various dark matter snipe hunts. That's three major fails in less than 30 days. PandaX-II, Xenon-1T and now the nEDM Collaboration all came up empty.

But on the bright side, this experiment is supposedly 1000 times more sensitive than any astronomical "test" to date, so they're getting better and better at finding absolutely nothing. :)

Funniest comment I've read in a long time.

Thanks!
Vortex_Model

Unread postby Zyxzevn » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Found some jokes related to the dark matter problem:

link

link
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@
Zyxzevn

Previous

Return to Electric Universe