The Space Elevator, again!

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Re: The Space Elevator, again!

Unread postby D_Archer » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:12 am

nick c wrote:Here is an update on recent Space Elevator development:
http://www.space.com/30272-space-elevat ... 2015-08-17

This would probably not be a good idea, anyway it would be a good test of a EU prediction.

Inflatable means it is plastic? Could that work... as insulation...to electricty?

But then this would be more balloon like, how would it resist wind?

Does indeed look like bad idea, but it is still a cool concept.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -
D_Archer

Unread postby nick c » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:17 am

I guess this is not actually a "space" elevator as originally conceived. It is more like a very tall tower.
I do not think that this is going to be attempted any time in the foreseeable future.
nick c

Unread postby cerm44 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:01 am

I can understand the concept when the whole think is going, but it would be really hard to set it up. For some time, there was a great excitement about carbon nanotubes but problem is that it has to be perfect. Any flaw in those tubes would result in failure. Maybe something like this multi walled tubes would be more stable. Hope they gonna figure it somehow in my lifetime. Once you have a base there you should be able to expand. Maybe there is gonna be a whole city anchored like this.
cerm44

Unread postby neilwilkes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:12 am

celeste wrote:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ba4_1375052482

neilwilkes, watch the segment from when the shuttle goes from 700 to 800 mph. Those flashes under the shuttle wing are the "phenomenon" they have observed in multiple shuttle launches.

sparky, forget that other video, the one in this post is better.

More questions:
Is it coincidence that this happens near the sound barrier? What I'm asking, is what if an object is surrounded (protected) by charged double layers, but then is pushed through the sound barrier?
Also, if in "normal" shuttle launches, they saw "flashes" and "fireballs" that merged with the tail, then could it just have been that the anomalous plume from the Challenger, "shorted" the path? Maybe that time the shuttle was in the loop, while these other flashes arced right to the plume?
Again, just questions. (as one possibility: maybe collapse of double layers at shock front,leads to current arcing right to plume in "normal" shuttle launches?)
This does seem like an interesting video, in light of Wal Thornhill's ideas.

Can't play this or download it either - nothing happens at all.
Probably because the internet machine is old, but not being able to even download it seems to me to be a completely daft restriction, not to mention a total waste of time doing the audio as tiny little computer speakers are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Has anybody been able to download this at all please? I would really like to see it but am not about to spend £500 plus on a laptop that will be out of date before it is out of warranty.
You will never get a man to understand something his salary depends on him not understanding.
neilwilkes

Unread postby Metryq » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:15 am

neilwilkes wrote:Has anybody been able to download this at all please?

The shuttle video at LiveLeak was downloaded easily with KeepVid Pro, a local app. The KeepVid site recognizes the video, but I'm not sure if it offers direct download, or if one must now buy the app. (KeepVid started as a free, on-line resource for downloading videos.)
Metryq

Previous

Return to Electric Universe