Recovered: Quick - Upriver - Where's that bucket?...

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

bboyer

Re: Recovered: Quick - Upriver - Where's that bucket?...

Unread post by bboyer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:23 pm

- 30 -
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:00 pm

Ok, here's another strong dose of ipecac syrup...

Black hole found in Omega Centauri
ESA article wrote:Omega Centauri has been known to be an unusual globular cluster for a long time. A new result obtained by Hubble and the Gemini Observatory reveals that the globular cluster may have a rare intermediate-mass black hole hidden in its centre, implying that it is likely not a globular cluster at all, but a dwarf galaxy stripped of its outer stars.
So now, because they've 'found' an IBH, they have to change Omega Centauri from a globular cluster to a "dwarf galaxy stripped of its outer stars" ... amazing how the black hole which has never been shown to exist, can change the whole view of what this formation is.

ESA article wrote: ... The measured velocities of the stars in the centre are related to the total mass of the cluster and were far higher than expected from the mass deduced from the number and type of stars seen. So, there had to be something extraordinarily massive (and invisible) at the centre of the cluster responsible for the fast-swirling dance of stars — almost certainly a black hole of about 40 000 solar masses.
Here it is obvious that their gravitycentric model doesn't work, so instead of rethinking the model they postulate the existence of an IBH.

ESA article wrote:“Before this observation, we had only one example of an intermediate-mass black hole — in the globular cluster G1, in the nearby Andromeda Galaxy”, ...

[ ... ]

The fact that intermediate-mass black holes may be rare and exist only in former dwarf galaxies that have been stripped of their outer stars, reinforces the idea that Omega Centauri is not a globular cluster but indeed a dwarf galaxy stripped of its outer stars in an earlier encounter with the Milky way.
WHAT?? Rare? Only one other has been 'found' yet it's a "fact" that they only exist in former dwarf galaxies (plural) that have been stripped of their outer stars... and the repitition of this phrase is nauseous, like it's an established fact.

I reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally need that bucket, I hope its handy... :mrgreen:

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

freedomrox

Unread post by freedomrox » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:02 pm

Ahem! Isn't space just what it infers? Space? I can't see dark matter, only dark empty space. Wouldn't this normally and naturally make space a conductive medium for transference of energy and radiation? If it was matter, then wouldn't it naturally follow that space would not be space, and would instead be known as an insulator? If it was an insulator, then wouldn't it naturally follow that space would not be conducive to a solar wind?

Ahem! Excuse me again, but whatever happened to common sense? If space is full of radiation and protonic streams as observed then it necessarily would follow that space is the conductive medium, wouldn't it? The only reason we cannot see all of this electrical transference with the naked eye is the same reason we do not perceive most other forms of radiation and that is because we are not designed to do so. The only time we can observe the effects of electricity is when it is subjected to sufficient resistance that upsets the electrical applecart, such as a comet, meteor, asteroid, i. e., hunk of stone of equally sufficient density moving through the charged medium agitating the status quo?

Ahem! Just a thought, but if space were an insulator, then wouldn't the resultant "dark matter" suppress the very essence of life?

rduke

Unread post by rduke » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:32 am

Stop making sense!!

This is not the thread for it... You may wake up Kwiky!

;)

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:56 pm

Freedomrox,
I suggest ten minutes over a teakettle for that phlegm problem.
I have to agree with rduke... you're making too much sense! I think space is a perfectly fine "medium" for radiation, because I believe radiation is a function of force field dynamics, like voltage. Space being filled as it is with radiation, is nevertheless mostly vaccuous, as it appears. Points/loci in space have functionality in the sense that they may be found at key geometric junctures in the local [scaleless] system, and so it may be that such geometrically determined loci act as an "aether" of sorts, yet one that exhibits field functioning without the necessity of "mass" in the conventional sense of the word. These loci may be endowed with directionality dependent on their relationship with nearby loci, and their vectoral interactions with the centroid and peripheral [shell/sheath?] points of the local system field, exhibiting "charge". Likewise "black holes", whether large, small, intermediate, neutronish or quarkish, need no particular amount of "mass", to be functional centroids of the system. Mathematically all the mass of a system may be determined to reside at the system centroid, at which point no matter need be present! I'm quite satisfied with a concept of a black hole being a hole that is black, should the need actually arise to describe it. Further, I don't believe gravity comes from matter at all, but rather "mass" is a [scaleless local] function of the pinching of the centropic unified field. (Dave S. if you think I should confine this to the NIAMI forum, I'll try to comply as needed.)
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:41 pm

When it comes to bucket material, this just about takes the cake.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE MAY INSULT YOUR INTELLIGENCE:

http://www.physorg.com/news126955971.html
physorg article wrote:Before the Big Bang: A Twin Universe?
The rest of the article has been censored out of my post due to this forum's rules regarding nonsensical garbage...

Good grief... how they can call this tripe science, I'll never know. I almost bypassed the bucket for the porcelain bus - then I could flush the muliple responses...

I can definately feel a Thunderblog coming on...

Cheers, Dave Smith.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

bboyer

Unread post by bboyer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:03 pm

davesmith_au wrote:When it comes to bucket material, this just about takes the cake.

<snip>

Cheers, Dave Smith.

In physorg article, [i]Before the Big Bang: A Twin Universe?[/i] Lisa Zyga wrote:

“The significance of this concept is that it answers what happened to the universe before the Big Bang,” Singh told PhysOrg.com. “It has remained a mystery, for models that could resolve the Big Bang singularity, whether it is a quantum foam or a classical space-time on the other side. For instance, if it were a quantum foam, we could not speak about a space-time, a notion of time, etc. Our study shows that the universe on the other side is very classical as ours.”

Oh yeah, there's an answer for you. Replace one hypothetical singularity with another hypothetical singularity of the same kind. I think I see the garden path down which this is leading. Once upon a time there was a Big Bang&reg;. And once upon a time before that there was a Big Bang&reg;. And once .... eee-iii-eee-iii-ooo.

I don't understand why some are having difficulty with the concept of a "bucket of spin." :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is something beyond our mind which abides in silence within our mind. It is the supreme mystery beyond thought. Let one's mind and one's subtle body rest upon that and not rest on anything else. [---][/---] Maitri Upanishad

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:23 pm

Buckets of spin... yes I have personal experience with that... at Disneyland...
Just before I headed to the "porcelain bus." 7 years of age... remember it like yesterday. :mrgreen:

But there is a very clear and predictable reason why the "orthodox types" go for this "tripe"...
They have abandoned fundamental rational cause-and-effect. All they have is deterministic, materialistic, naturalistic faith, a hope that somehow the imaginary gives rise to the real, that chaos gives rise to order, that singularities produce universes. And rather than surrender this in the light of clear controverting evidence, they seek ever deeper for a fulfillment of their hope... like the guy who pushes the WALK/DON"T WALK signal button, and after a few seconds, pushes it again, then begins pushing it repeatedly, rapidly, dozens of times, in hopes that the signal will turn sooner, then is so busy pushing the button, he misses the light turning... the simple truth? Wait. Watch. Walk.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

freedomrox

Unread post by freedomrox » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:22 am

Lord help my time! This was not an insult to my intelligence as much as it was an assault on my senses! Un-flippin-believable! Where do these so-called scientists and experts get their degrees from? DeVry?

The whole article could be summed up with a short synopsis. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? I say it is the egg because the chicken laid two, and you can't prove that it laid both of them, but I can use the first egg as proof that the other egg was the gensis of the chicken that laid the second egg.

Again, UN-flippin-BELIEVABLE!

Suffer not a fool gladly, indeed!

StefanR

Unread post by StefanR » Wed May 07, 2008 6:09 pm

OOOHH. no no no no, They did it again :o

Should I be :evil: or :cry: or just :lol:
XMM-Newton discovers part of missing matter in the universe

6 May 2008
ESA’s orbiting X-ray observatory XMM-Newton has been used by a team of international astronomers to uncover part of the missing matter in the universe.

10 years ago, scientists predicted that about half of the ‘ordinary’ or normal matter made of atoms exists in the form of low-density gas, filling vast spaces between galaxies.

All the matter in the universe is distributed in a web-like structure. At dense nodes of the cosmic web are clusters of galaxies, the largest objects in the universe. Astronomers suspected that the low-density gas permeates the filaments of the web.
The low density of the gas hampered many attempts to detect it in the past. With XMM-Newton’s high sensitivity, astronomers have discovered its hottest parts. The discovery will help them understand the evolution of the cosmic web.

Only about 5% of our universe is made of normal matter as we know it, consisting of protons and neutrons, or baryons, which along with electrons, form the building blocks of ordinary matter. The rest of our universe is composed of elusive dark matter (23%) and dark energy (72%).

Small as the percentage might be, half of the ordinary baryonic matter is unaccounted for. All the stars, galaxies and gas observable in the universe account for less than a half of all the baryons that should be around.

Scientists predicted that the gas would have a high temperature and so it would primarily emit low-energy X-rays. But its very low density made observation difficult.
Astronomers using XMM-Newton were observing a pair of galaxy clusters, Abell 222 and Abell 223, situated at a distance of 2300 million light-years from Earth, when the images and spectra of the system revealed a bridge of hot gas connecting the clusters.
"The hot gas that we see in this bridge or filament is probably the hottest and densest part of the diffuse gas in the cosmic web, believed to constitute about half the baryonic matter in the universe," says Norbert Werner from SRON Netherlands Institute for Space Research, leader of the team reporting the discovery. ((I will have to talk to this guy pretty soon))

“The discovery of the warmest of the missing baryons is important. That’s because various models exist and they all predict that the missing baryons are some form of warm gas, but the models tend to disagree about the extremes,” adds Alexis Finoguenov, a team member.

Even with XMM-Newton’s sensitivity, the discovery was only possible because the filament is along the line of sight, concentrating the emission from the entire filament in a small region of the sky. The discovery of this hot gas will help better understand the evolution of the cosmic web.
"This is only the beginning. To understand the distribution of the matter within the cosmic web, we have to see more systems like this one. And ultimately launch a dedicated space observatory to observe the cosmic web with a much higher sensitivity than possible with current missions. Our result allows to set up reliable requirements for those new missions." concludes Norbert Werner.

ESA’s XMM-Newton Project Scientist, Norbert Schartel, comments on the discovery, “This important breakthrough is great news for the mission. The gas has been detected after hard work and more importantly, we now know where to look for it. I expect many follow-up studies with XMM-Newton in the future targeting such highly promising regions in the sky.”
http://www.esa.int/esaSC/SEMQLPZXUFF_index_0.html

You gotta hand it to them, their imitation of a donkey bumping it's head more than twice is astoundingly accurate :P

But I like the video they make at ESA, go and look at the linksite 8-)
The illusion from which we are seeking to extricate ourselves is not that constituted by the realm of space and time, but that which comes from failing to know that realm from the standpoint of a higher vision. -L.H.