Galaxies connected (Image)

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

squiz

Galaxies connected (Image)

Unread post by squiz » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:40 am

Not much to say but WOW.

Not much to gain from the article, just a lot of warm gas. :lol:
http://opa.yale.edu/news/article.aspx?id=6105&s=t

Here's a link to a hi-res version, enjoy!
http://www.noao.edu/outreach/press/pr08/images/M86.jpg

substance

Re: Galaxies connected (Image)

Unread post by substance » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:17 am

providing striking evidence for a previously unsuspected high-speed collision between the galaxies.
yeah right.. anyway, the image is simply stunning! I`s amazing how well it fits EU!
gas within M86 is extremely hot, and radiates X-rays in a long plume, which had previously been interpreted as a tail of gas being stripped as M86 falls into the Virgo cluster.
Too bad for them that "hot" gas DOES NOT radiate in x-rays however "extreme" it may be. Well, at least in the description under the thumbnail in the article it says "ionized hydrogen". :) Haha, high-speed collisions my ass :D This image made my day!
My personal blog about science, technology, society and politics. - Putredo Mundi

squiz

Unread post by squiz » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:50 am

My first impression was "that is a monster of a Birkeland current", on looking at the high res version smaller twisted filaments can be seen inside the larger structure, or so it appears. Beautifully fractal.

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:28 pm

Anybody miss the little galaxy in the lower right spewing too? Pointing a bit left of the upper right galaxy...

Almost missed it while looking at the two biggest objects in frame... So, is it a 3-way "collision?" :P

Now that I'm inspecting more closely, the little galaxy or whatever above the right-hand large galaxy also seems to have something of a halo going on in the high res image... Kinda' funky looking? Not unlike the patterning of the interacting "hot gas," so I don't think it's just a camera artifact? Could be wrong though.

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:33 pm

squiz wrote:My first impression was "that is a monster of a Birkeland current", on looking at the high res version smaller twisted filaments can be seen inside the larger structure, or so it appears. Beautifully fractal.
A great find, and what an excellent observation of the fractal nature there Squiz.
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Looks like the two galaxies are spinning in opposites directions, which should make them attract.
Notice the orientation as well and how the two poles seem to be facing each other at a 45 degree.
Dual opposite vortex spirals that attract, did somebody say Fractal>?
:D
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord