Earth Moon Birkeland currents

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

BlueCrab

Earth Moon Birkeland currents

Unread post by BlueCrab » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:33 pm

As I understand it the existence of Birkeland currents connecting the Sun and Earth has been confirmed. http://www.thunderbolts.info/webnews/12 ... ricsun.htm

Question: Are there Birkeland currents between the Earth and the moon? It would seem that they would be easy to find? I've done some quick googling and cannot find any references?

squiz

Re: Earth Moon Birkeland currents

Unread post by squiz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Well there are no isolated body's in an electric universe. The moons double layer was only confirmed in 2003, I think to confirm a Birkeland current we would need a fleet of spacecraft as was the case with the Themis confirmation. In other words they'd probably have to look for it to find it. We know that the earths plasma sheath intersects with the moon during it's full stage but I'm not sure if that qualifies.
I have another question, how stable would local Birkeland currents be? would they breakdown and reform? is the current a continuous flow or in pulses. I'm guessing the later.

MGmirkin

Re: Earth Moon Birkeland currents

Unread post by MGmirkin » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Well, seeing as how the Earth and Moon are in such a close relationship with each other, with little eccentricity with respect to each other or with respect to the sun, I don't know whether Birkeland currents (on a regular / permanent basis) would be expected of the two. IE, one would think that they might come into more-or-less equilibrium with respect to one another... Hard to say. Closest, I'd think, would be the moon passing through Earth's magneto-tail / plasma-tail? But, I could be mistaken.

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law