A Neverending Story - Cosmologists Find The Nothing!!

New threads (topics) in the Thunderblogs/Multimedia forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. This is the place for users to comment on or discuss aspects of any individual Thunderblog or Thunderbolts multimedia post.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

davesmith_au
Site Admin

A Neverending Story - Cosmologists Find The Nothing!!

Unread post by davesmith_au » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:15 pm

08/02/27 ~ Dave Smith

Particle physicists and cosmologists have yet again begun to rejoice over the significance of finding absolutely nothing in their ongoing search for Dark Matter, Unicorns and Fairies. Or so it seems from the physorg.com news of Feb 25: ... [more...]
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Tina

Re: A Neverending Story - Cosmologists Find The Nothing!!

Unread post by Tina » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:15 pm

davesmith_au wrote:08/02/27 ~ Dave Smith

Particle physicists and cosmologists have yet again begun to rejoice over the significance of finding absolutely nothing......
I'm sure we all share your frustration with this persistant search for these "theoretical inventions" but what really infuriates me is PC/EU critics consistanly asking for proof, evidence, verifiable data etc when they do not even possess these things themselves. But what they have and we don't is sanctification from Official Science.....that is a lisence to get away with scientific fraud.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:14 am

Tina wrote:But what they have and we don't is sanctification from Official Science.....that is a lisence to get away with scientific fraud.
Precisely... :!:

I hope someone comes up with a smiley for "hitting the nail on the head"... :D
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:59 pm

davesmith_au wrote:
Tina wrote:But what they have and we don't is sanctification from Official Science.....that is a lisence to get away with scientific fraud.

Ohh, I'll hammer away at it!
It appears you've hit the nail on the head!
It appears you've hit the nail on the head!
hammer-animation.gif (12.93 KiB) Viewed 19647 times
Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin :mrgreen:
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Solar

Unread post by Solar » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:12 pm

MGmirkin wrote:
davesmith_au wrote:

hammer-animation.gif
Cheers,
ROTFLOL!!! :D

I really needed that laugh Michael. Thanks much
"Our laws of force tend to be applied in the Newtonian sense in that for every action there is an equal reaction, and yet, in the real world, where many-body gravitational effects or electrodynamic actions prevail, we do not have every action paired with an equal reaction." — Harold Aspden

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:22 pm

Solar wrote:ROTFLOL!!! :D

I really needed that laugh Michael. Thanks much
Any time!

~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:35 pm

MGmirkin wrote:
hammer-animation.gif
Cheers,
I suspected you were a genius - now you have confirmed it by being a nutcase as well - join Einstein, Newton, Van Gough, Motzart, etal to name just a few.

Wonder what the dynamic is that causes that darn nail to keep popping up again :( ?

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:14 am

Tina wrote:I suspected you were a genius - now you have confirmed it by being a nutcase as well - join Einstein, Newton, Van Gough, Motzart, etal to name just a few.

Wonder what the dynamic is that causes that darn nail to keep popping up again :( ?
Perseverance?

Hard-headedness? *Groan* :x

Glutton for PUN-ishment?

Okay, that's enough...
~Michael

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:21 am

MGmirkin wrote:
Tina wrote:I suspected you were a genius - now you have confirmed it by being a nutcase as well - join Einstein, Newton, Van Gough, Motzart, etal to name just a few.

Perseverance?

Hard-headedness? *Groan* :x

Glutton for PUN-ishment?

Okay, that's enough...
~Michael
Haven't you two learned anything at all? It is CLEARLY caused by a black hole interacting with dark energy at the event horizon. Sheeeeesh!! :mrgreen:

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:34 am

davesmith_au wrote:Haven't you two learned anything at all? It is CLEARLY caused by a black hole interacting with dark energy at the event horizon. Sheeeeesh!! :mrgreen:
But with inflation trying to push everything apart, and black holes trying to pull everything in, both neutron stars and brown dwarfs firing off their axial particle beam weaponry (apparently, the black holes have some pretty impressive plasma cannons themselves these days; probably due to an arms race with brown dwarfs and neutron stars for universal), with dark energy trying to accelerate expansion, and dark matter desperately wanting to gravitate with SOMEthing though otherwise impotently interacting with other matter, shouldn't that tear a hole in the space-time nylons? If you thought "runs" were a problem... LOOK OUT! :!:

:shock:

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:58 am

MGmirkin wrote:But with inflation trying to push everything apart, and black holes trying to pull everything in, both neutron stars and brown dwarfs firing off their axial particle beam weaponry (apparently, the black holes have some pretty impressive plasma cannons themselves these days; probably due to an arms race with brown dwarfs and neutron stars for universal), with dark energy trying to accelerate expansion, and dark matter desperately wanting to gravitate with SOMEthing though otherwise impotently interacting with other matter, shouldn't that tear a hole in the space-time nylons? If you thought "runs" were a problem... LOOK OUT! :!:

:shock:
Sounds like something a FICTION WRITER would come up with... oh, hang on, one already did his name is HAWKING I think...

I can just see the service a few days after his passing, some Nobel Prize winner getting up and reading a sealed letter Hawking had left for this very occasion.

"... and to all the masses of scientists who took my writings so seriously and have built their reputations and those of their esteemed institutions upon my theories, SUCKED IN BAD!!! Mwah ha ha ha ha ..." :o :o :o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, Dave Smith.

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:46 am

davesmith_au wrote:
Sounds like something a FICTION WRITER would come up with... oh, hang on, one already did his name is HAWKING I think...

"... and to all the masses of scientists who took my writings so seriously and have built their reputations and those of their esteemed institutions upon my theories, SUCKED IN BAD!!! Mwah ha ha ha ha ..." :o :o :o :o :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, Dave Smith.
Dave - its not just any old fiction - It's SCIENCE FICTION.. And as for being SUCKED IN - well that's what Black Holes are supposed to do!

P.S. This new smilie :o is going to entice us to make outrageous comments so we can use it - it is so evocative. :o
Last edited by Tina on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tina

Unread post by Tina » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:06 am

MGmirkin wrote: Perseverance? Hard-headedness? *Groan* :x Glutton for PUN-ishment?
Okay, that's enough...
~Michael
And I'm glad you are like you are - who would have it any other way 8-)

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:25 am

Tina wrote:
MGmirkin wrote: Perseverance? Hard-headedness? *Groan* :x Glutton for PUN-ishment?
Okay, that's enough...
~Michael
And I'm glad you are like you are - who would have it any other way 8-)
Those who wish for a boring stuffy academic to do maths and invent "new physics" when old physics might just do the trick...?

(I don't know... Who?) :D

~Michael

P.S. I *do* rather like the new and improved smilies... :geek: