Red Shift, Blue shift

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

polarityparadox

Red Shift, Blue shift

Unread post by polarityparadox » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:21 pm

StevenO wrote:
jsorensen wrote:I am an avid fan of Thunderbolts site. Thanks, TPOD is the first thing I read every morning for the last 2 years now
My question, Halton Arp convincingly shows objects with greatly different Red Shifts are related to each other. Galaxies expel other galaxies, quasars, etc and the younger objects have a large red shift. They are not far apart as conventional cosmology believes, but instead are grouped together.

My understanding is that we have found extremely few Blue shifted objects, somewhere in the 100's. Yet we have found billions of red shifted objects.

This would imply that our galaxy is on the far blue edge of the "Red Shift spectrum". I find this disconcerting. It is much like the Fingers of God problem that implies we are at the center of the universe. Does someone have an explanation for this?

Thanks,
James Sorensen
Hi James,

First, welcome to the Thunderbolts Forum! Hope you will enjoy it even more than the TPOD...

The Red Shift is a relative effect. Imagine that all galaxies are on the surface of an expanding balloon. No matter which direction you look, all galaxies seem to move apart from eachother. It is the same from each viewpoint on the surface of the balloon, so you cannot conclude that our galaxy is on the far blue edge. The blue shifted objects come e.g. from local gravitional attraction in a group of galaxies that is greater than the universal expansion. That is the reason why the Andromeda galaxy is blue shifted for instance. It is moving towards us.
I have read that ONLY Andromeda and the stars of the constellation virgo are blue-shifted within telescopic view. I find this quite amazing... Can anybody verify this?? According to Arp this means they are the oldest visible objects we can see around us, correct? Meaning that they "birthed" most of the systems around themselves?? Or was it at the core of a original highly intensive plasma discharge area...;concomitant to our own plasma discharge times perhaps...??? I find this fascinating in light of the goddess status always accorded to the virgo constellation; she being the All-mother. Also no doubt the 7-fold state of the stars reflects the memory of the 7-fold plasma pillar; it's up-right structure having scattered to the stars in the Golden age dissolution (as the Pleiades perhaps also represent)??

The templars laid out their main gothic cathedrals in a very passable reflection of the virgo constellation. I have a feeling their knowledge of star frequencies and the use of mono-atomic metals (frequency resonators and potentiators) in the original stained glass windows along with sacred geometry (phi, pi, and zome based tensegrity structures) built into the design of the church itself was possibly "activated" with gregorian chanting done in the original solfeggio tones at certain harmonic convergences of earth and cosmos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppeN8gmk-JU

http://www.redicecreations.com/specialr ... eggio.html

Their choice of the virgo constellation is perhaps more than just a symbol of their allegiance to the isis or feminine principle of reality. Maybe the blue-shifted energy of these stars is analogous to the blue colors associated with the chakras of the third eye and crown in more ways than we know (higher along in evolution than the red of the basal chakra centered in the rectal area)... Is it conceivable that these esoteric scientists had a resonance science capable of drawing in wisdom and principle related to the blue spectrum of creation???

The templars planted the seeds for the emergence of the enlightenment through their clever and ingenious abilities to lay the groundwork for a sovereign society based on the divine principle of the golden rule, mean, ratio: do unto other as you would have them do unto you. They built into their creations the basic geometric truths of harmony and resonance between aspects/"things" of visible reality (squaring the circle) and set in stone self emergent, self proving ratios and geometries of harmonizing nature (natura naturans) and Kosmos. John Michell with his book The Dimensions of Paradise is a great place to start on discovering more of these felicitous relationships...

Part of these musing belong in the mad ideas section perhaps but i trust that the wisdom of our western esoteric ancestors was onto something which has a logical relationship with this blue-shift phenomenon....

Polarityparadox
Truth is higher than everything but higher still is true living.

- Nanak

Complexity leads to perplexity and simplicity leads to Eternity.

- Kirpal Singh

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Re: Red Shift, Blue shift

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:20 pm

polarityparadox wrote:Part of these musing belong in the mad ideas section perhaps ...
No "perhaps" about it. Please refrain from posting such speculations on the scientific parts of the forum.

Dave Smith.
Forum Administrator.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

mague

Re: Red Shift, Blue shift

Unread post by mague » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:49 am

Red shift and doppler effect:
Since in astronomical applications this measurement cannot be done directly, because that would require travelling to the distant star of interest, the method using spectral lines described here is used instead. Redshifts cannot be calculated by looking at unidentified features whose rest-frame frequency is unknown, or with a spectrum that is featureless or white noise (random fluctuations in a spectrum)
In 1814, Fraunhofer independently rediscovered the lines and began a systematic study and careful measurement of the wavelength of these features. In all, he mapped over 570 lines, and designated the principal features with the letters A through K, and weaker lines with other letters[1]. Modern observations of sunlight can detect many thousands of lines.

It was later discovered by Kirchhoff and Bunsen that each known chemical element was associated with a set of spectral lines, and deduced that the dark lines in the solar spectrum were caused by absorption by those elements in the upper layers of the sun. Some of the observed features are also caused by absorption in oxygen molecules in the Earth's atmosphere.
What else is absorbing/altering a wave-particle on its way through the lightyears until it hit the observer on earth ? And i am not even thinking about the aging of the traveling wave-particle itself or about interaction with the environment it travels through. LHC colides particles. That doesnt happen elsewhere in a universe filled with wave-particles ?

So the scientist tell me there is hydrogen in M99. Probably or probably not. Its pure deduction or rather assumption.

I think if i affirm that there is no red and no blue shift at all, then it is as valid as EU theory or standard model or templars dwelling in virgo.
Sokrates wrote:I know, i know nothing