Does the Moon Rotate?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Does the Moon Rotate?

Unread post by nick c » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:15 am

That picture I posted is exactly what you asked for...
They set up a sphere in a lab and turned on a light source and photographed the experiment. So it is a simulation of what we see in the many photos of the Moon posted on this thread and elsewhere. It duplicates the manner in which a celestial object like the Moon reflects the light of the Sun.
Is the fact that the Sun disk and the Moon are of the same size when viewed from the Earth, a coincidence, or a part of a cosmic intelligent design?
Of course it is coincidence that Moon and Sun appear to be of similar angular diameters as seen from Earth. Actually the apparent sizes are not exact. Sometimes the Moon is smaller and sometimes it is larger than the Sun.
There are only two planets that do not have natural satellites - Mercury and Venus. All of the other planets have one or more moons. The angular diameters of all those moons as seen from the surface of their primary span a wide range of ratios compared to the Sun. The only logical conclusion that can be drawn is that there is no relationship between the angular diameters of satellites and the Sun as seen from any particular planet.

It is obvious to me that you are not going to be convinced by any evidence presented. So, we should not try to confuse you with facts as your preconceived presumptions have compromised your objectivity. It is reminiscent of the incident when Galileo showed his critics that Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Calisto were orbiting Jupiter, in a mini solar system. The critics looked through the telescope and saw nothing of the sort!
To paraphrase Philip K. Dick,
Reality is that which when you fail to believe in it, does not go away.

MAG

Unread post by MAG » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:11 am

john666 wrote:
nick c wrote:When looking at the Moon through a small telescope one can see the shadows change over the course of the evening.
I have observed the moon through binoculars, and I don't believe you.

What we see is Electrical Moon producing its own light.

Not correct at all. You can literally watch the sunlight break over mountain tops and light up canyons, or see the shadows grow longer in mere minutes with a telescope. Quite astounding if you've never seen it before.

Even a small telescope will give you this ability.
~Matthew

john666

Unread post by john666 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:18 am

nick c wrote:That picture I posted is exactly what you asked for...
They set up a sphere in a lab and turned on a light source and photographed the experiment. So it is a simulation of what we see in the many photos of the Moon posted on this thread and elsewhere. It duplicates the manner in which a celestial object like the Moon reflects the light of the Sun.
john666 wrote: Light that is being emitted from a spherical or a disk shaped object, CAN NEVER produce a straight vertical line when reflecting of an other object.

If anyone disagrees, then show me a image or a video of something like that happening(not a diagram but the real thing).
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-7578342 ... phase.html

The photograph that you offered is CGI;

They set up a sphere in a lab and turned on a light source and photographed the experiment

Where in the link does it say that :?:

nick c wrote:Of course it is coincidence that Moon and Sun appear to be of similar angular diameters as seen from Earth. Actually the apparent sizes are not exact. Sometimes the Moon is smaller and sometimes it is larger than the Sun.
Actually the apparent sizes are exact, and of course that dogmatists are going to deny this FACT

MAG

Unread post by MAG » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:24 am

john666 wrote:
Actually the apparent sizes are exact, and of course that dogmatists are going to deny this FACT

You should look up Annular Solar Eclipse, as opposed to Total Solar Eclipse, before you state that fact.
~Matthew

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:46 am

Like MAG said.

So in addition to denying the reality of the sun and moon as spherical objects, you deny direct photographic evidence proving their sphericity, rotations, and topography, the physical reality of lunar and solar eclipses, the phases of the moon, and the nature of reflection.

What is it that you think we are observing physically happening as we view the sun and moon, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly? It is no longer enough for you to simply deny the obvious. You must present your case, your photographs, your models, your physical explanation.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:59 am

Please carefully consider how our eyes operate.
Some posters are assuming they SEE in straight lines.
Instead consider that information is sent out on spherical fields, and returns via opposite spin spherical fields.
Any telescope or camera is doing exactly the self same.

Our moon is created between opposite spin field flows around the earth and sun.

Creation is in 3D.

Creation is where vast amounts of the aether (consciousness) compress into what is called matter and mass.

There is a great illusion taking place relative to our dominant survival senses.
Those senses are to operate over short distances .

Kevin

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:25 pm

Kevin,
?????
How do you visualize spherical fields in the process of vision in observation without the use of optical ray diagrams?
Regardless of your mystical natural philosophy, sight lines are the straightest lines known. This is a basis for all physical experience and measurement. Now if you want to redefine "straight" as something else, then show us a picture of how it works so that we can understand what you're talking about.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:57 pm

webolife wrote:Kevin,
?????
How do you visualize spherical fields in the process of vision in observation without the use of optical ray diagrams?
Regardless of your mystical natural philosophy, sight lines are the straightest lines known. This is a basis for all physical experience and measurement. Now if you want to redefine "straight" as something else, then show us a picture of how it works so that we can understand what you're talking about.
Your DNA avatar is close.
But upon huge scale.
The moon is a creation of the pinch zone between the sun and earth, and it is constantly entrapped within this.

The sun is similar but upon larger scale.

Your post encapsulates exactly the scale of the problem, as We are totally indoctrinated into this assumption that sight and light are travelling in straight lines, as with all in creation it is the route of least resistance, and those routes are field based with all fields within all other fields.
light and sight are thus occurring.
The moon is giving our closest clues, the galaxy reveals the same at huge scale.

We are so miniscule in actuality that our dominant survival senses are producing illusions over larger scale.

When You look someone in the eyes it fools You into the illusion of a straight line out and return system.

I am bound as to what I detect via dowsing, and that reveals that We( and all 3D creations) are existing within an ANU ( leadbeater diagram) field.
I will therefore be annoying in that I do not conform to current assumption based so called laws.
I am not trying to be annoying, and for myself it is very difficult to provide evidence when the whole system is so convinced differently.

The frightening consequences of been blind to the true realities of an electric/electromagnetic/electrogravitic universe is driving me on, I have children and grandchildren, and ignorance is no excuse if their future is threatened, as I fear it is due to the complete arrogance of mankind.

This universe is fabulous, but cyclic, the moon reveals this to My dowsing constantly, but not via looking at it with eyes, I observe it's field variations, then think outwards in scale, and shudder at the consequences.

My eternal gratitude to all who strive to comprehend universe.
There are more things in heaven and earth than meets the eyes, Webolife.
Kevin

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:37 pm

I think I agree with some of what you're saying about the nature of the universe... but I simply don't understand most of your post. I know there is more than meets the eye, but that is because our retina is selectively resonant to a small range of "hues". Our bodies are receptive to a greater range. Our mind may be receptive to an even greater range, if we thus exercise it.

Cargo

Unread post by Cargo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:38 pm

It has been said that Moon actually orbits the Sun.
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:41 am

Of, course, orbital dynamics are entirely relative [in the Galilean sense] -- referred to occasionally as a "double planet", the Earth-Moon system of course revolves around the sun in a single slightly wavy orbital path. NEOs such as Cruithne orbit the sun more than the earth, as do Earth's trojans, although some have been known to orbit the earth for some months before slinging back into space... the latter rare case may be similar to what caused the great cataclysm dealt with on other threads. Whether that orbiting body was a known planet [eg. Venus or Mars] or comet, or an object now assimilated into the asteroids or the sun is a matter of interest and conjecture. And all the outer planets and planetoids from Mars on can be said to revolve around Earth's orbit, but that sort of statement confuses and misleads JTB and John666 into thinking geocentrically.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:54 pm

If Earth is orbiting the sun at ~67,000 mph, that means the moon has to accelerate to a speed greater than 67,000 mph to pass in front of the earth, then decelerate to pass behind. If both were traveling the same speed it would be impossible for the moon to orbit Earth.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Now you are finally seeing the simple yet counterintuitive [at least to the medieval mind] truth of relative motion.
The moon's constant acceleration toward the Earth-Moon barycenter, combined with that barycenter's constant acceleration toward the solar system centroid combine to give you the affect you imagine to be a fluctuating acceleration model. It is no more uncommon a phenomenon than a piece of gravel stuck in the tire of your bicycle you ride to work.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:32 am

webolife wrote:Now you are finally seeing the simple yet counterintuitive [at least to the medieval mind] truth of relative motion.
Web, notice that I used observance from the sun as the frame of reference. From the distant perspective of the sun, the moon is accelerating / decelerating as it orbits Earth. If not changing velocity, Earth and Moon would appear to be moving side by side. Also, Copernicus' heliocentric theory with a stationary sun, has be discredited. The sun is orbiting the galaxy. The same can be said of the Earth Sun relationship if the center of the galaxy is used as the frame of reference. If not accelerating / decelerating, Earth would not appear to be orbiting the sun: they would appear to be moving side by side.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:25 am

Not quite, as the lunar orbit is not coplanar with the ecliptic, and the ecliptic is not coplanar with the galactic disk. Helical is a better description. But if you read my earlier posts you will see that I describe these various relative motions in much the same way as this past post of yours... so have you shifted your current position wrt the OP?