Socio-Political Dialectic of the Electric Universe

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Divinity

Socio-Political Dialectic of the Electric Universe

Unread post by Divinity » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:26 am

Definition of Dialectic:

Dialectical Motion
---------------------
Hegel stresses the paradoxical nature of consciousness; he knows that the mind wants to know the whole truth, but that it cannot think without drawing a distinction. Unfortunately, every distinction has two terms, every argument has a counter-argument, and consciousness can only focus on one of these at a time. So it fixes first on the one, then under pressure fixes second on the other, until it finally comes to rest on the distinction itself. Hegel refers to this process of alternation and rest as dialectic. Dialectical motion has three stages: THESIS, ANTITHESIS, and SYNTHESIS.

Dialectic of Personhood
---------------------------
THESIS: Start here: "I am born; I am a child."

ANTITHESIS: Negation of the thesis. "I have grown; I am an adult; so, I am NOT the child I used to be."

SYNTHESIS: Negation of the opposition between thesis and antithesis. "I am NEITHER child NOR adult, but a whole person."

The Dialectical Ascent out of Plato's Cave
-------------------------------------------------
Dialectical motion does not just end when the synthesis is reached. The synthesis becomes a new thesis, and the mind then goes through another dialectical process at a HIGHER LEVEL. So dialectical motion is like climbing stairs; it's the ascent out of the Platonic Cave.

------------------------------

As quite a few members of the forum are contributing so well to the humanistic implications of a holistic/intelligent universe, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where we could discuss future possibilities relating to how mankind will advance in the cultural sense once a unified theory is acknowledged globally. Subjects to be covered could be socio, political, philosophical, environmental, mental, physical, spiritual or literal , at an individual level or a collective one :D

Thanks,
Divinity

ps Notice the Tensegrity involved in the above mental process...pull/push, exactly how all matter/situations are created.
Bless Junglelord!

lizzie

Re: Socio-Political Dialectic of the Electric Universe

Unread post by lizzie » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:09 pm

Human Behavior:

What is the Hegelian Dialectic?
http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/05/dialectic.htm
The Hegelian dialectic is the framework for guiding our thoughts and actions into conflicts that lead us to a predetermined solution.

The Hegelian dialectic is the ridiculous idea that constant conflict and continual merging of opposite ideologies, as established by extreme right or left belief systems, will lead spiritual mankind into final perfection.
Electricity:

Dielectric material
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition ... 45,00.html
A dielectric material is a substance that is a poor conductor of electricity, but an efficient supporter of electrostatic fields. If the flow of current between opposite electric charge poles is kept to a minimum while the electrostatic lines of flux are not impeded or interrupted, an electrostatic field can store energy. This property is useful in capacitors, especially at radio frequencies. Dielectric materials are also used in the construction of radio-frequency transmission lines.

An important property of a dielectric is its ability to support an electrostatic field while dissipating minimal energy in the form of heat. The lower the dielectric loss (the proportion of energy lost as heat), the more effective is a dielectric material. Another consideration is the dielectric constant , the extent to which a substance concentrates the electrostatic lines of flux. Substances with a low dielectric constant include a perfect vacuum, dry air, and most pure, dry gases such as helium and nitrogen. Materials with moderate dielectric constants include ceramics, distilled water, paper, mica, polyethylene, and glass. Metal oxides, in general, have high dielectric constants.
Is there a lesson here? Can we create a “human dielectric” to replace the Hegelian dielectic?

mague

Unread post by mague » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:35 am

Divinity wrote:I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where we could discuss future possibilities relating to how mankind will advance in the cultural sense once a unified theory is acknowledged globally. Subjects to be covered could be socio, political, philosophical, environmental, mental, physical, spiritual or literal , at an individual level or a collective one :D

Thanks,
Divinity
Humankind grows through the dimensions. Much like the Kundalini moves from chakra to chakra. Everytime it passes a chakra, it passes a dimension. The dimensions are like stepping stones. We stand on one and are able to observe the next. We stand on 2D and ponder about 3D. We take a step and stand on 3D. In this position we start to ponder about 4D. Once we did the step to 4D we start to ponder about 5D. And so on...

There is absolutely nothing involved in the process of understanding. Once you stand on the stepping stone you know just because you are there. Humankind stands on the 3D stone right now and is pondering 4D ahead. Every six year old knows anything about 3D because he is there. Up, down, left, right, forward and back. And there is an invissible border around it. Our current estimation is 70-90 billion light years. The invisible wall is 4D ahead of us. Thats all we know and we know it at the age of six. There is aboslutely no humanities involved. No logic, no dialectic, no science, no philosophy, nothing at all. We know by being there, by being part of it.

There is this weird analogy that our mind is a little dog that doesnt stop barking. He is trampling on our nerves until we drop what we do and play with him. We feed him Hegel, Kant, science, philosophy, religion or fiction. As long as we pay attention, feed him and play with him he is a nice little dog. But once we turn away it again turns into a barking, annoying furball. He is cute and we love him, but he never ever helped us in understanding anything. So either we keep on playing with him and let him rule us or we tell him to STFU. He needs to learn his place. He is a companion, part of of our existance. He wont go anywhere without our legs or stomache or hands or liver. He is not our consciousness, he is part of our consciousness. He is the one who translates my inner signals into latin chars and tries to form sentences in english language. But he doesnt create the expression in the words. He has to learn his position.

Most (or all) our problems are based on this doggy. Bloated egos rule the current world. Switch on the TV. Its full of bla bla bla. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious anyone ? Mary Poppins.. musical.. art. Humans created art because its silencing the dog. We either create by painting, singing, playing an instrument, dancing or we listen/watch. However, creating or watching art is silencing the dog.

People attend religious rituals to silence the dog. They pray, listen, dance and sing in most religions. All actions to silence the dog. Art or religious ritual, we do feel better afterwards. Thats because the mind is silenced. For a while at least. And out of this experiance people startet to meditate.

Science, quantum physics, gives us hints that on one of our next stepping stones we do probably get a "limited" ability of mind based control of matter (telekinese, bending space time to some degree. etc.). If humankind managed to train their mind-dog that is.

So right now we do encounter sort of a global splitt. Conspiracy, social gaps that grow. Old world order and new world order. Worshipers of ego and worshipers of universal conectivity. Its kinda moving towards Armaggeddon. Humankind needs to reunite in the name of evolution. It doesnt have to be a violent solution, but it will be violent if humans cant solve it in peace. The step will happen, brutal or peaceful. It will happen. This isnt our decisssion.

What can the EU tell us ? It shows that, as far as our telescopes are able to look, there are rivers of energy that are connecting oceans of energy on a lightyear scale. Driven by signals and pulses. Much like our brain. If that doesnt silence the dog, what else can do ?

StevenO

Unread post by StevenO » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:13 am

Divinity wrote:Definition of Dialectic:

Dialectical Motion
---------------------
Hegel stresses the paradoxical nature of consciousness; he knows that the mind wants to know the whole truth, but that it cannot think without drawing a distinction. Unfortunately, every distinction has two terms, every argument has a counter-argument, and consciousness can only focus on one of these at a time. So it fixes first on the one, then under pressure fixes second on the other, until it finally comes to rest on the distinction itself. Hegel refers to this process of alternation and rest as dialectic. Dialectical motion has three stages: THESIS, ANTITHESIS, and SYNTHESIS.

Dialectic of Personhood
---------------------------
THESIS: Start here: "I am born; I am a child."

ANTITHESIS: Negation of the thesis. "I have grown; I am an adult; so, I am NOT the child I used to be."

SYNTHESIS: Negation of the opposition between thesis and antithesis. "I am NEITHER child NOR adult, but a whole person."

Dialectical motion does not just end when the synthesis is reached. The synthesis becomes a new thesis, and the mind then goes through another dialectical process at a HIGHER LEVEL. So dialectical motion is like climbing stairs; it's the ascent out of the Platonic Cave.
------------------------------
For the old Greek and Egyptians it was even more basic. All their philosophies started with the basic geometry of numbers.
The simple act of splitting a circle (the "monad" as the Greek called it) in two creates both the line (dyad, antithesis, ...) and the equisided triangle (triad, synthesis). That is why for them the numbers start at 3. They called the number 2 "the door" and the number 3 "many" since they knew that with tensegrity every other number can be constructed from the basic 3.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triad_(Greek_philosophy)
As quite a few members of the forum are contributing so well to the humanistic implications of a holistic/intelligent universe, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where we could discuss future possibilities relating to how mankind will advance in the cultural sense once a unified theory is acknowledged globally. Subjects to be covered could be socio, political, philosophical, environmental, mental, physical, spiritual or literal , at an individual level or a collective one :D

Thanks,
Divinity
I would suggest to first freshen up the knowledge about cosmic harmony, geometry and number theory as was better known by older civilizations. It seems that in mathematics and physics they are discovering that again but in a very complicated way as can be seen in for instance the complexity of the "Uniformization Theorem" or the "Geometrization conjecture". The Greek knew the 10 numbers were sacred and that 1,2,3 and 10 are different from 3-7. Now it is called that in Euclidean geometry: "There are exactly 10 finite closed 3-manifolds with this geometry, 6 orientable and 4 non-orientable. This geometry can be modeled as a left invariant metric on the Bianchi groups of type I or VII0." I prefer the older explanations....
ps Notice the Tensegrity involved in the above mental process...pull/push, exactly how all matter/situations are created.
Bless Junglelord!
I could'nt agree more!
First, God decided he was lonely. Then it got out of hand. Now we have this mess called life...
The past is out of date. Start living your future. Align with your dreams. Now execute.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:03 am

Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva - Creator, Sustainer, Transformer.

P.S. Life's too short for Hegel. I'd sooner watch paint dry.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

mague

Unread post by mague » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:58 am

Grey Cloud wrote:Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva - Creator, Sustainer, Transformer.

P.S. Life's too short for Hegel. I'd sooner watch paint dry.
Add the ladies and you got the whole truth. This why everything fails. One person studies double helix'es and never can see the full truth. Every magnetic flux has its partner that is either positive, negativ or indifferent. Actually scientists should always work in mixed duos. Hindu philosophie has its roots in dialogs between Shiva and his wife Durga. Two persons study double helix'es and its knowledge. 1 helix + 1 helix is not 2 helix. Its 1 helix= birth (of truth). Unfortunately even the hindu texts suffer from male dominance.

Else i agree 100% especially on Hegel.

Divinity

Unread post by Divinity » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:30 pm

Thank you for your highly intelligent comments. :D

Mague wrote:

>>What can the EU tell us ? It shows that, as far as our telescopes are able to look, there are rivers of energy that are connecting oceans of energy on a lightyear scale. Driven by signals and pulses. Much like our brain. If that doesnt silence the dog, what else can do ?>>

Indeed, LOL! All the more reason why the Human question is important in an Electric Universe. Biology and Cosmology are probably the simplest examples to get this theory across to people because we have ample evidence of the role electricity plays in our bodies (cells, DNA, the brain, etc.) and (as above, so below) our cosmos (stars, comets, the sun, etc.).

Are we agreed that Electricity is simply the carrier/medium for Information? To me, this is a core issue in the understanding of what this Universe does. Everything relies on information to sustain itself; even a star is first equipped with information telling it which shape/sacred geometry to adopt and how it is to manifest, before it's a star. The aetheric web/lattice is buzzing with 'life' in the form of Information flow through electro-magnetic energy waves/'pipes', if you like. But the crux is that those pipes carry information to and from everything all the time. As the Universe is a complex, ever-changing system, in motion, packets of information are exchanged constantly via E-M waves. I believe the purpose of this is to constantly support life and the shapes/behaviour of everything in existence.

From Junglelord's view on Angular Momentum (at the tiniest level), the 'spin' or 'bias' placed on that energy/information is the thought process which affects the outcome or material created. This leads us to the idea that 'thought creates' but that's a whole different issue, not being dealt with here.

Anyway, I shall post examples of what I mean above, in this thread. ;)

Divinity

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:44 pm

Grey Cloud wrote: Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva - Creator, Sustainer, Transformer.
Mague said: Add the ladies and you got the whole truth.
Shakti/Kali, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva - the Beginning and End of Time, the Creator, the Sustainer, the Transformer

Divinity

Unread post by Divinity » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:55 pm

http://www.nous.org.uk/info.html

Buckminster Fuller:

"Physical is always special case. Energy is physical and always special case. Information is always special case. Energy is information: information is energy."
(Synergetics 1075.12)

(Perhaps he was a little ahead of his time, LOL!)

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Divinity wrote:http://www.nous.org.uk/info.html

Buckminster Fuller:

"Physical is always special case. Energy is physical and always special case. Information is always special case. Energy is information: information is energy."
(Synergetics 1075.12)

(Perhaps he was a little ahead of his time, LOL!)
I'm confused. :? :? :?
Why is physical always a special case. Or, who apart from Fuller maintains this? Every ancient writer I have ever read would say the opposite: that physical is of little or no account and mental is special.
I can (maybe) accept that energy is physical, though I've never read a satisfying description of what energy actually is.
Energy is information: information is energy sounds clever but does not seem to make any sense. Is the energy I use opening a jar of coffee information? How do I convey this energy cum information to another?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

lizzie

Unread post by lizzie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:46 pm

Mague said: Add the ladies and you got the whole truth. This is why everything fails. One person studies double helix'es and never can see the full truth. Every magnetic flux has its partner that is either positive negative or indifferent.
Such as:

Dynamical Full Gamut of Mind and Matter
http://www.svpvril.com/Cosmology/cosunity1.html

Terrestrial – Female – Mother – Matter
Condensing Ether (+) (Positive Attractive – Female)
Polarity (++)
Radiant Energy (-) (Negative Attractive – Female)

Celestial – Male – Father – Mind
Chaos (-) (Negative Attractive – Male)
Void (Vacuum) (+) (Positive Attractive – Male)

Neutrality (Inertia) Depolar State: (0-; 0+)

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:00 pm

lizzie wrote:
Grey Cloud wrote: Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva - Creator, Sustainer, Transformer.
Mague said: Add the ladies and you got the whole truth.
Shakti/Kali, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva - the Beginning and End of Time, the Creator, the Sustainer, the Transformer
Saraswati/Brahma, Lakshmi/Vishnu, Parvati/Shiva.
Potential and the realisation of potential.

Shakti is the same as the Dao (the Dark Mother).
Six

The urge of creation is ceaseless.
It is called the Dark Mother.

The womb of the Dark Mother
is the ground of heaven and earth.

Timeless, imperceptible,
it continues ever-present.

Endless use does not touch it.
Bart Marshall trans.
From Tao, One arises.
From One, two.
From two, three.
Three becomes the ten thousand things.
Chapter 42.

See also:
Main article: Nun
oldest of the ancient Egyptian gods and father of Re, the sun god. Nun's name means “primeval waters,” and he represented the waters of chaos out of which Re-Atum began creation. Nun's qualities were boundlessness, darkness, and the turbulence of stormy waters; these qualities were personified separately by pairs of deities. Nun, his female counterpart, Naunet, and three further..

http://original.britannica.com/ebc/article-9373760 (this isn't quite the article I got the quote from but it's the same (crap) site).

It's also Okeanus, though it could well be Hera.
It's dark in the womb.
Technically (?) therei s no male/female at this level as it is not the physical Universe. You only have duality/polarity if it's physical.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:04 pm

Lizzie,
Already you are de-railing this thread. Note the 'socio-political'' part of the title. You are free to start a New Age mumbo-jumbo thread if you so wish.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:08 pm

Divinity,
Could you expand on this a bit when you have a chance, please?
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Divinity

Unread post by Divinity » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:11 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:
>>I'm confused. :? :? :?

Why is physical always a special case. Or, who apart from Fuller maintains this? Every ancient writer I have ever read would say the opposite: that physical is of little or no account and mental is special.
I can (maybe) accept that energy is physical, though I've never read a satisfying description of what energy actually is.
Energy is information: information is energy sounds clever but does not seem to make any sense. Is the energy I use opening a jar of coffee information? How do I convey this energy cum information to another?>>

Hi Grey Cloud. Granted, not many writers, that's why I say he was ahead of his time. Mental IS special, especially when we consider the importance of non-material structures which are the start of all life. But we cannot deny physicality because it is 'reality' as we know it (i.e. as our senses detect/interract and affect it).

The human brain is wired to connect with the universe, particularly the right brain because it's where conceptual thinking lies, i.e. we draw inspiration from the living intelligence around us. Isn't your brain the purveyor of information to your hands instructing how to open a jar of coffee? You convey energy/information to another by verbal and written communication, as well as radiating outwardly the energy/information in your aura.

The EU is very elegant in its simplicity, which is why I understand it :D But the point is, the natural laws scale up and down, just as plasma does.

I think this post speaks for itself (!)
junglelord wrote:Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:47 pm Post subject:
OP "junglelord"

I can quote Konstantine Meyl here and hope it gives some enlightenment to the statement that E = I
If the newly discovered vortex phenomenon of the vortex of the electric field exists, then it will be possible to practically use it. Whereas we still think about possibilities for technical usage, there by all means exists the possibility, that nature already is successfully using the vortex for a long time. We should look precise at things. We can only learn of nature!

Remarkable about the passage of Plato is not only the fact, that the potential vortex already was known for two and a half thousand years and was taken into consideration for an interpretation, but also the realization of Plato, that during the described transition the smells form. Smell thus would be a vortex property!

After all vortices are able to bind information as can be inferred from the basic principle of cybernetics. With this vortex property and the statement of Plato, smell obviously would be nothing else than pure information which by potential vortices is stored, distributed and eventually is caught by the hair cells for smell of the nose.

If now a dog takes up a track, does it then run after vortices which remained behind or does it analyse, according to the encyclopaedia, the chemistry left behind, or does it combine both? Does the bloodhound for instance interpret the vortical oscillations of chemical substances like lattice oscillations or the movements of the electrons in the atomic hull?

A lot of work awaits the research scientist of vortices here.