Martian Images

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

tholden

Re: Martian Images

Unread post by tholden » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:24 am

I'll mention the fact that the Cydonian megaliths have passed fractal index tests for artificiality. Other than that I'm not going to get into arguments over any of this. I accept the fact that some people are going to go on claiming that all they can see is rocks in any or all such images; to me the images are obvious and unambiguous.

Zonei

Unread post by Zonei » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:20 pm

Any analysis is futile unless done on high-resolution images from several angles. I especially like when people see rectangular structures in JPEG artifacts. Hello?! Pixelization anyone? Low resolution images?

Until then, everything is just a severe case of Pareidolia.

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:46 am

A number of the pictures here are from the tiff image (lossless) of pia04995. Pictures of the face megalith and pyramids are of sufficient resolution that it doesn't matter.

Lloyd

Definite Evidence of Possible Artificiality

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:44 pm

- At least several of Ted's series of images are definitely suggestive of possible artificiality. You other guys may be too biased to realize they are good evidence worthy of further investigation. The natural fault lines in the rocks in Australia, although sort of straight, are obviously not good candidates for artificiality, as they're not that straight and the lines around them are at rather random angles and more crooked. The dark black and white radar image above is excellent evidence, as all of the lines within a rectangular area are either straight and parallel or curved and parallel in patterns very similar to human construction patterns.
- Of course, it would be pointless to decide in advance that this or any of the other images are definitely of artificial structures. It only makes sense to put off any conclusions until much better observations can be made. But those sites definitely should be investigated to see whether evidence of artificiality holds up. It seems very unscientific to claim that there is no evidence of artificiality in any of the images.

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:52 pm

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Another site with an interesting take on recent mars images:

http://xenotechresearch.com/cgi/wp/index.php?cat=3

http://xenotechresearch.com/marsgal2.htm

Not mechanical debris...

tholden

Unread post by tholden » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:02 am

For anybody who hasn't guessed by now, those are marine fossils.

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:58 am

That does look like a shell in the centre of the image. I think it's more likely to be a hollow spherule that has been eroded by sand.

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley