Can we have our golden glaring ball back please?!

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

The Aten

Can we have our golden glaring ball back please?!

Unread post by The Aten » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:37 am

Hi all,

The ancient Egyptians always depicted the sun as a Red disk - why?

Answer; the Egyptians portrayed the Sun as a red disk because it only ever appeared as a red disk. It was hazed behind 93 millions miles of gases, dust and debris, a natural by-product of 3,000 years of cosmic chaos involving the planets Mars, Venus, Mercury and the Moon (GKS). This is why Egyptian art does not reveal one single golden/yellow sun with a 360 degree sweep of sunrays. The Egyptians would never risk the wrath of their pre-eminent solar deity by getting his basic colour wrong.

In support of the "Red Sun" and indeed The God King Scenario (GKS) I've written a short essay http://www.gks.uk.com/gks6/

I'd be interested to here you comments.

Gary Gilligan

moses

Re: Can we have our golden glaring ball back please?!

Unread post by moses » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:24 pm

The original Egyptian red disk was Saturn, not the Sun. This is the
fundamental aspect of the Saturn System theory.
Mo

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:15 am

Taken from:
http://www.egyptianmyths.net/colors.htm
Red (desher) was the color of life and of victory. During celebrations, ancient Egyptians would paint their bodies with red ochre and would wear amulets made of cornelian, a deep red stone. Seth, the god who stood at the prow of the sun's barque and slew the serpent Apep daily, had red eyes and hair.

Red was also a symbol of anger and fire. A person who acted "with a red heart" was filled with rage. "To redden" meant "to die". Seth while the god of victory over Apep, was also the evil murderer of his brother Osiris. His red coloration could take on the meaning of evil or victory depending on the context in which he is portrayed. Red was commonly used to symbolize the fiery nature of the radiant sun and serpent amulets representing the "Eye of Re" (the fiery, protective, and possibly malevolent aspect of the sun) were made of red stones.

The normal skin tone of Egyptian men was depicted as red, without any negative connotation.

Red paint was created by Egyptian artisans by using naturally oxidized iron and red ocher.
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

The Aten

Unread post by The Aten » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:56 am

Actually, tradition has it, Egyptian men were painted red and women yellow. With my infant brain I ask, why? Men were not red and women were not yellow, besides where’s the unity? How odd?

Let me offer a plausible explanation. Cosmic chaos dominated the ancient world and in one corner we have Mars, the Red god of war and in the other Venus, the yellow goddess of love and beauty. Mars many times taking on a deep reddish hue as it battled itself from an earth like planet to its now desolate state. Venus, on the other hand, a planet that basically cooled down and in doing so enveloped itself in bright yellow sulphuric acid clouds. All Egyptians aspiring to be in the image of their celestial counterparts.

I believe the proto-Venus crossed the orbit of earth around 1,100 BC this coinciding with a Dark Age here on earth. Emerging the other side of this Dark Age Venus ventured so close to earth to appear as a red disk with a ‘veiled’ atmosphere. This played out in the form of the ‘queen who would be king,’ Hatshepsut (a name given to Venus), a queen who would rule as Pharaoh. Venus/Hatshepsut, looming larger than Mars and so close to earth it had to be venerated as Pharaoh.

In support of this. Hatshepsut's statues break with tradition and her skin is coloured a deep red. This is because Venus came so close to earth as to reveal an incandescent red disk, the same basic Red as Mars. I would even go so far as to say the see through attire worn by many New Kingdom queens is a symbolic representation of Venus’ transparent atmosphere. Further, many loincloths and skirts are also pleated – this coming about from physical observations of planetary bodies causing ‘gravity’ waves by interacting with either earth’s ring of debris (Hathor) or the ecliptic haze (Isis). This same ‘pleated’ phenomenon can be seen with Saturn’s moon Prometheus and its F ring.

Regards

GG

http://www.gks.uk.com/

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:28 am

Venus (Aphrodite) was not the goddess of love and beauty but of desire. Eros was love and Algaea (one of the graces) was beauty.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

The Aten

Unread post by The Aten » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:59 am

Venus (Aphrodite) was not the goddess of love and beauty but of desire. Eros was love and Algaea (one of the graces) was beauty.
Perhaps you could enlighten Wikipedia
Venus was a major Roman goddess principally associated with love, beauty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_(mythology)

& Encyclopedia Mythica
Venus.... The Roman goddess of love and beauty
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/v/venus.html

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:51 am

The Aten wrote:
Perhaps you could enlighten Wikipedia
Venus was a major Roman goddess principally associated with love, beauty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_(mythology)

& Encyclopedia Mythica
Venus.... The Roman goddess of love and beauty
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/v/venus.html
I know everybody and his dog associates her with love and beauty. Even theoi.com which I use. Nevertheless, if you read what the Greeks wrote, Aphrodite comes out as desire generally in the guise of sexual gratification. She is depicted as beautiful as all gods and goddesses are beautiful.
Her affair with Ares was adulterous.
Her Affair with Ankhises was due to Zeus infecting her with desire.
Her affair with Adonis is to do with her desiring him for herself.
The judgement of Paris is to do with desire.
Esoterically the world is no longer under the rule of Zeus but is now under Aphrodite. There is not much love about but there is a lot of desire.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Plasmatic

Unread post by Plasmatic » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:29 pm

It doesnt matter all of them where associated with Venus.
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

MGmirkin

Unread post by MGmirkin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 am

moses wrote:The original Egyptian red disk was Saturn, not the Sun. This is the
fundamental aspect of the Saturn Myth.

Mo
David Talbott would disagree, I think.

The ringed red disk, according to Talbott was Mars.

The ring accompanying Mars, and alternately adopting other formations as viewing dynamics / geometry changed was Venus, obscured by Mars, and/or interacting physically with Mars.

The primeval unity was Saturn with Venus then Mars in front of it. Saturn was NOT the red disk itself, according to Talbott, at least.

Not commenting on the rightness or wrongness of the model, simply trying to make sure everyone's on the same page as to which player was what in the model.

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

Krackonis

Unread post by Krackonis » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:17 am

MGmirkin wrote:
moses wrote:The original Egyptian red disk was Saturn, not the Sun. This is the
fundamental aspect of the Saturn Myth.

Mo

The ring accompanying Mars, and alternately adopting other formations as viewing dynamics / geometry changed was Venus, obscured by Mars, and/or interacting physically with Mars.

The primeval unity was Saturn with Venus then Mars in front of it. Saturn was NOT the red disk itself, according to Talbott, at least.

Not commenting on the rightness or wrongness of the model, simply trying to make sure everyone's on the same page as to which player was what in the model.

Regards,
~Michael Gmirkin
Although I see some points to concede, I also feel that the God's "changing hands" is important to note. Saturn ruled during the "Paradise" times, then shortly after we have Mars and Venus perhaps even Mercury interacting with us on weird orbits due to the fact that Saturn and Jupiter ran into each other above our skies. The 'Clash of the Titans' as it were.

In the skies the dominant form would not have been the sun, The horns represent Jupiter. The Midnight sun. It was glowing with a huge coma as it and Saturn descended into the underworld (along the elliptic, so it would appear in the southern skies, near or beyond the rings.

All the time Jupiter was dominant (until perhaps 2000 bc?)the paths of the various inner planets created many of the stories of the travelling gods and their duties.
Neil Thompson

EET

"We are the universe trying to understand itself." - Delen, Babylon 5

electriclife786

Unread post by electriclife786 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:12 pm

Aphrodite was often dismissed as a Greek goddess of love, but she was much more.Like Kali, she was a virgin-mother-crone trinity .She was not only Greek. She was Deasyria, also known as Astarte.She was the ancestral mother of the Romans, for she gave birth to their founding father, Aeneas.Under the name of Venus, she was the mother of the Venetii, whose capital city became Venice, called Queen of the sea after the goddess herself.
One of Aphrodite's major centers of worship was the city of Paphos on Cyprus, the Island named for its copper mines.Thus she was called the Cyprian and her sacred metal was copper.During the Christian era, Aphrodite's temple on Cyprus was converted into a sanctuary of the virgin Mary is hailed to this day as Panaghia Aphroditessa, All-Holy- Aphrodite.
In reality, Cyprian Aphrodite was like all other manifestations of the great goddess; ruling birth, life, love, death, time, and fate, reconciling man to all of them through sensual and sexual mysticism.
The Cyprian sage Zenon taught Aprodite's philosophy:mankind and the universe were bound together in the system of fate...
Aphrodite had almost as many "emanations" as thousand-named Kali.
One of Aphrodite's greatest shrines in asia minor was the city of Aphrodisias, once dedicated to Ishtar.
The calendar still keeps the name of Aphrodite on the month dedicated to her, April.The ancient Kalendar of Romulus said this was the month of Venus.

moses

Unread post by moses » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:36 am

mgm

Silly me. However I do see the period after the break-up as Egyptians having
Jupiter as a red disk. But Mars before the break-up.
Mo