Vibration of a Sun

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

SciRPG

Vibration of a Sun

Unread post by SciRPG » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:31 am

I was just wondering, seeing some images on Saturn hand how rings occur, does this apply to Stars?

If planets migrate to certain orbital positions due to this "vibration", can it be used to predict probable locations of other undiscovered planets? Can this predict the planetary orbits on other stars?

If in the past, Saturn was creating overpowering vibrations when it was a Star, it influenced the planets around it, however when it turned "off" the planets re-migrated to our current Sun.

Although I don't have the EU/PU DVD's, is this the way it works? (In my layman terminology sort of way)
~~Richard K~~
3D SciFi Illustration

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Vibration of a Sun

Unread post by nick c » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Hello SciRPG,
I don't know to what degree this pertains to your question about predicting orbital positions of planets, or if you have any familiarity with Titius-Bode's Law.
http://www.mira.org/fts0/planets/091/text/txt001x.htm
It has been debated eversince first put forth, is it a law or just a 'rule of thumb?' Does it represent some force, or resonance? or is it just coincidence? The correlations are tantalizingly close, except Pluto and Neptune.
see also:
http://www.catastrophism.com/intro/sear ... t%5B%5D=-1

Nick

SciRPG

Re: Vibration of a Sun

Unread post by SciRPG » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Thank you much Nick!, I'm just asking questions to help solidify some work on a graphic novel. But this sounds like what I'm looking for.
~~Richard K~~
3D SciFi Illustration