NASA has "lost it," in some cases, literally!

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

MGmirkin

NASA has "lost it," in some cases, literally!

Unread post by MGmirkin » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:24 pm

This thread over on ATS is priceless... Apparently NASA has lost the original tapes of the moon landing / space walk, and pretty much all the info on how the space vehicles they used to get to the moon were built??

Crazy!

(NASA Forgot How To Go To The Moon!)
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread359881/pg1

It's not really an EU-specific thread, so I've put it in "New Insights." I suppose it could theoretically go in "Future of Science?"

Cheers,
~Michael
"The purpose of science is to investigate the unexplained, not to explain the uninvestigated." ~Dr. Stephen Rorke
"For every PhD there is an equal and opposite PhD." ~Gibson's law

shrunkensimon

Re: NASA has "lost it," in some cases, literally!

Unread post by shrunkensimon » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:41 am

NASA - Never a Straight Answer

I know i will probably get slated for saying this, but i really do not buy the story that we landed on the moon in 1969. Just looking at the videos and photos is enough for me, they all look so fake! Im no expert on lighting in photography, but there are some dubious lighting scenarios in some of the pictures that even i noticed..

I have a sneaky suspicion that they couldn't go to the moon, due to reasons involving the understanding that space is not an empty vacuum. I shall stop at this point with my insane conspiracy ramblings :D

junglelord

Unread post by junglelord » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:39 am

DITTO.
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

Faderbaby

Unread post by Faderbaby » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:38 am

Whoa!! :) Funny, but... http://www.BadAstronomy.com

Most Legendary Lost Recordings:

1) "She Loves You", The Beatles
2) Moon Landing, NASA

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:57 am

Apparently NASA has lost the original tapes of the moon landing / space walk, and pretty much all the info on how the space vehicles they used to get to the moon were built??
NASA is a weird organisation, most of the hardware for the apollo missions was built by outside contractors and in a lot of cases it was the astronauts themselves who were NASA's experts on the technology. The engineers responsible for the Saturn boosters had severe problems controlling the combustion reaction once the stack was lit up and with the stack pogo'ing once it had taken off. These issues weren't resolved on paper, the engineers just kept trying different things until it worked. Unfortunately the solutions to these problems died with the engineers who built the things.

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley

SciRPG

Unread post by SciRPG » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:41 am

hmm...
And I take it the current technology that gets the current mars/Saturn/Jupiter-visiting payloads to space are what? too secret to share with the people who want to return to the moon? Not powerful enough to take a couple Astro's a mere jog compared to these marathon distances covered?

We see misinformation is what caused wars in the past, we see Scientific community unwilling to accept even a slight boo from the EU/PU, not to forget the government assuring us we would see $20/barrel oil after mission accomplished....

Apologies if I seem disenchanted.

I've seen both views on the Moon missions. I'm not saying I believe of disbelieve... I'm just saying Government writes the history books they way they want to, even when they bold-face lie to us.

It seems a bit awkward though, and really does not help NASA's cause at all.
~~Richard K~~
3D SciFi Illustration

redeye

Unread post by redeye » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:30 am

the current technology that gets the current mars/Saturn/Jupiter-visiting payloads to space are what?
The moon is off the plane of the ecliptic and it costs a lot of delta vee to change plane. It's an extra complication and cost that isn't present when traveling to the planets. The largest thing we've thrown into orbit since the Apollo missions is the Cassini-Huygens probe, launched by a Titan IV which could carry a maximum load of 21,682kg to low Earth orbit. The Saturn V could launch 118,000kg which is still unrivaled, although the planned Ares system will have a capability of 130,000kg. A manned Lunar mission would be considerably larger and heavier than the Cassini probe and our technology has moved on to the point where very little of the Apollo era tech would be relevant to a mission today.
It seems a bit awkward though, and really does not help NASA's cause at all.
NASA are in kind of a quandary over claims that the Moon missions were faked. They've refuted them so many times that to continue to do so just adds legitimacy to those making the claims.
I've seen both views on the Moon missions. I'm not saying I believe of disbelieve... I'm just saying Government writes the history books they way they want to, even when they bold-face lie to us.
This is quite an important point. IF the moon missions were faked, it was a political issue and there is no way this was instigated, or carried out by NASA. I get a wee bit tired of the continual NASA bashing that appears on the internet (and I've been guilty of it myself). A quick glance at the TPODs and fair bit of the stuff on this forum show the importance of missions such as Voyager, Cassini, Themis to mention just three. These missions are a tribute to the dedicated people at NASA and JPL, we should by praising and encouraging these people whenever possible, in fact, it might be useful to have a thread dedicated to current missions and the fantastic information they provide us.
we see Scientific community unwilling to accept even a slight boo from the EU/PU
I've seen plenty of evidence on NASA sites that there are some people who do consider electricity to be the answer to many of the mysteries that our exploration of the Solar System throws up, in fact there are some areas that are proving to be very exciting. If we do see a keystone mission returning to Saturn or Jupiter this could be extremely fertile ground.

The whole issue was summed up by Faderbaby:
It's better to play the "likeable underdog" than to be an angry outsider.
I think it's important to relate to people the way you would like them to relate to you and, in general, I believe the Thunderbolts team does a great job of this. Let's keep it up!

Cheers!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
Bob Marley