Very small inductor

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

rcglinsk

Very small inductor

Unread post by rcglinsk » Sat May 17, 2008 9:14 am

Hi all,

I was reading up on inductors and had an idea.

I don't think the fabrication technology exists right now, but eventually we'll be able to form carbon nanotubes into almost any shape, and they are tremendously good conductors of electricity. They are incredibly small, so you can put a number of turns in an inductor of given length that is pretty unprecedented in human history. The tendency of the intermediary space to contain magnetic fields also plays a roll in inductor function. I'm curious if fully ionized hydrogen gas might not be as good of a medium for that function as it comes. Or am I exactly wrong, and it's the worst? Anyone else think that would make a fun toy to play with?

Ryan Glinski

junglelord

Re: Very small inductor

Unread post by junglelord » Sat May 17, 2008 5:17 pm

Your model immediately reminds me of the fascial body in humans, human collegen, a hollow tube, contains cerebral spinal fluid, a ionic fluid. This is a intregral component of the piezoelectric liquid crystal of the fascia and the extra cellular matrix. Electric and magnetic currents are created by the piezoelectric properties from compression, and electric currents and magnetic fields are created by the piezoresistance properties of stretch. Both properties are inherit in fascia.

Sounds like the induction model you speak of. Collegen fibers are about the size of carbon nano tubes. Also the osteopathic technique to release a fascial tensegrity primary restriction is called Induction. This involves light pressure in specific vectors dictated by the restriction.
:D
If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.
— Nikola Tesla
Casting Out the Nines from PHI into Indigs reveals the Cosmic Harmonic Code.
— Junglelord.
Knowledge is Structured in Consciouness. Structure and Function Cannot Be Seperated.
— Junglelord

rcglinsk

Re: Very small inductor

Unread post by rcglinsk » Mon May 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Junglelord, you are my hero. Thank you very much.