Speculate on the effect of the alleged Nibiru

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

ahchoooo

Speculate on the effect of the alleged Nibiru

Unread post by ahchoooo » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:50 pm

I have a very interesting question. If the alleged Nibiru exists, and is coming our way, can anyone speculate on its effect on earth based on the EU model instead of the gravity model? For those who have never heard of Nibiru, a simple Google will yield lots of info. I am not suggesting that Nibiru is for real. I am interested to learn its effect IF it does exist. ;)

moses

Re: Speculate on the effect of the alleged Nibiru

Unread post by moses » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:14 am

Nibiru is an unfortunate name to use. Better to ask what would happen if
a planet of brown drawf or star was to interact with the Solar System.
And the big boys here have a theory that Saturn came from outer-space
and entered the Solar System, and they have gone into this with some
detail somewhere, but I don't think that it is available online.
Mo

Faraday Cage

Unread post by Faraday Cage » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi ahchoooo, I have contemplated this also. Long story short, I think a large object from "out there" entering the solar system would cause major planetary changes not to mention the whole system. If what we observe of the Earth's surface and all the other planetary bodies, i.e. the remnants of gigantic scars caused by electrical interaction, is any indication then it could be extreme. Of course many factors would need to be taken into account such as how close it gets to us but I can only try to imagine what even one interplanetary arc discharge would do remembering that at such a large scale an arc would connect for a much longer period of time than say a bolt of lightning. Would it focus along the poles and then spread out from there Lichtenberg figure style across the sky? Perhaps the Earth's electromagnetic field would determine where its focus would be? Would it not affect the sun therefore our climate? Have you read the articles on this forum about Mythology suggesting a global event in the not to distant past? I would love to get an electrical engineer's thoughts on it ;) ;) hypothetically of course :shock: One last mad idea, maybe the Mayan's figured out when the next such event would occur :o

ahchoooo

Unread post by ahchoooo » Thu May 01, 2008 3:28 am

I asked this question because I am not an astronomer and not very knowledgeable on the whole concept of EU. For example, why would there be discharges between earth and this alleged incoming planet? Is it because there is a electrical potential between the two? What might that potential be? And why such potential exists? What is earth's potential? Is it -ve or +ve? Relative to what? What about the sun? What electrical potential is it at? How is that alleged incoming planet differ from other existing planet bodies in the solar system? Anyone knowledgeable in EU please chime it! Another interesting topic is to discuss the difference in effect between EU and the gravity model from this incoming planet. So many questions, so little answers! :shock:

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Thu May 01, 2008 10:09 am

Hello ahchoooo:
Speculation on the effect of Nibiru, or some other interloper, coming into the solar system can be based on our past experience, since this type of scenario has already occurred.
http://www.crystalinks.com/nibiru.html
Nibiru, to the Babylonians, was the celestial body associated with the god Marduk. The name is Akkadian and means 'crossing place' or 'place of transition'. In most Babylonian texts it is identified with the planet Jupiter. In Tablet 5 of the Enuma Elish it may be the pole star (snip)
This seems to identify Nibiru with Zeus/Jupiter, but a little red flag goes up with the last line in the quote..."it may be the pole star"
Neither identification indicates an impending threat.
For starters, read the article by Dave Talbott, 'Saturn Theory Overview'
http://www.kronia.com/thoth/thoth01.txt
There are numerous articles in the Thoth Newsletter concerning myth, catastrophism, electric universe, Saturn theory, etc

Also check out the discussions in the "Origins of Myth" forum, starting with:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum/phpB ... f=13&t=371

My own personal opinion, for what it's worth, is that you don't have to worry about Nibiru destroying our civilization in 2012 or any time soon.
To me, these fears arise from the experiences of our catastrophic past projected onto the future. Nibiru, of the Sumerian/Babylonian pantheon, whatever it's ID, is no longer a threat.
We, as a species, should enjoy and take advantage of this period of stability in our solar system. Until we can accept our catastrophic past we will continue to try to recreate those events in our effort to remember. When one threat to civilization is vanquished (Nazism, Cold War, etc.) another will arise (terrorism, nuclear proliferation, etc.) This is the source of the fascination with world destruction. There has always been that guy on the corner with "The End is Nigh" sign. When January 1, 2013 arrives, everyone will forget about the 2012 prophecy and there will be some new "impending threat." Someone once said:
"We have met the enemy, and he is us," to which I might add...not Nibiru.

On why we have forgotten and must repeat:
http://www.varchive.org/lec/lethbridge/amnesia.htm
Another generation rose since the end of World War II. The technology of destruction since the days when a mushroom rose over Hiroshima has advanced tremendously. The human urge to repeat the traumatic experiences of the past did not subside, but grew, and he who tried to reveal them was reviled. How many atomic submarines have been built? How many mushroom clouds can be produced? In how many ways can we destroy all life on this Earth? A Damocles sword hangs over the human race. The planets have finally retired into peaceful coexistence. But mankind, though not in the center of creation, still, in its optimal place, is a pandemonium of races and nations, while the blueprint of Armageddon is on the drawing boards, and the arsenal to incinerate this globe and degenerate whatever population will survive is growing from day to day. The adversaries on both sides of the Atlantic, with many small nations emulating them are as if living with the urge to see again the unchained elements in a nuclear multi-head explosion over every locality of the Old and New Worlds.
On what happened in the past (and could happen if an interloper entered our solar system:)

http://www.quantavolution.org/vol_06/ho ... o_1_03.htm
It can be asserted and defended that in the past fourteen thousand years, a disorder befell the solar system that terrorized and transmutated the sensible biosphere, changed the atmosphere, cleaved and ravaged the crust of the earth, altered drastically the sky and surface waters and destroyed or severely damaged every civilization up to the seventh century before the present era. During these fourteen thousand years, it can be argued, human groups spent one-third of their time in an environment of natural and social chaos and suffered intense physical and mental stress. Again I refer to the book, Chaos and Creation.

Continents were fractured; mountain ranges rose; crustal material was exploded into space; cataclysms of water, ashes, oils, gases, and fire rained from the skies; ice ages came quickly and avalanched, not melted, into oblivion. Oceans were created; seas were drained; floods raged in every direction up to the very mouths of highly placed caves; climate altered in a day and the atmosphere was deprived, enriched, and poisoned on numerous occasions.
Nick