Gold on the surface of Australia

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Roshi

Gold on the surface of Australia

Unread post by Roshi » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:01 am

There is this show on History channel, where people search for gold using metal detectors in Australia, and they find nuggets of gold sometimes buried just 1 inch below the surface, or right on the surface.

How did that gold get there ?

crawler

Re: Gold on the surface of Australia

Unread post by crawler » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:51 pm

Last nite i was discussing how large nuggets possibly form.
I suggested that bacteria might excrete gold, & over time that that gold slowly builds nuggets.
I heard too that gold in water might come out of solution when groundwater changes pH, forming nuggets over time if gold likes gold.
Praps gold comes out of solution as silicon & water etc cools as it flows up in cracks, forming nuggets if gold likes gold. Then erosion exposes the nuggets. I must google this stuff. Hmmmm --looks like bacteria aint responsible.

Nuggets are gold fragments weathered out of an original lode. They often show signs of abrasive polishing by stream action, and sometimes still contain inclusions of quartz or other lode matrix material. A 2007 study on Australian nuggets ruled out speculative theories of supergene formation via in-situ precipitation, cold welding of smaller particles, or bacterial concentration, since crystal structures of all of the nuggets examined proved they were originally formed at high temperature deep underground (i.e., they were of hypogene origin).

Read more : http://www.geologypage.com/2019/04/what ... z5xZdrGGY6
Follow us: @geologypage on Twitter | geologypage on Facebook

Supergene Deposits (Secondary Gold Deposits)
The Supergene Enrichment process forms by saline water dissolving minerals at the near suface weathering environment carriage of the material downwards to the water table where there is a secondary enrichment process.
Supergene gold deposite are often classified as SECONDARY gold deposits. Other Secondary Gold Deposits are alluvial and eluvial gold deposits.
Characteristics of Supergene deposits
There needs to be a primary gold source nearby at depth or up slope High grade but small tonnage, with coarse gold and nuggets Higher purity of the gold. Recent time frame in Geological age terms Tertiary less than 100million years ago. Found in Laterites, calcretes, alluvial channels and salt lakes It is exposed through surface erosion.

https://www.gold-prospecting-wa.com/how ... ormed.html

But nothing re gold likes gold.

https://www.nature.com/news/earthquakes ... nt-1.12615

https://www.nature.com/news/gold-diggin ... es-1.12352

http://www.prospectorsparadise.com/abou ... y-of-gold/

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:07 pm

At last something about gold likes gold. The real reason for nuggets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurophilicity

In chemistry, aurophilicity refers to the tendency of gold complexes to aggregate via formation of weak metallophilic interactions.[1][2]

The main evidence for aurophilicity is from the crystallographic analysis of Au(I) complexes. The aurophilic bond has a length of about 3.0 Å and a strength of about 7–12 kcal/mol,[1] which is comparable to the strength of a hydrogen bond. The effect is greatest for gold as compared to copper or silver—the higher elements in its periodic table group—due to increased relativistic effects.[1][3] Observations and theory show that, on average, 28% of the binding energy in the aurophilic interaction can be attributed to relativistic expansion of the gold d orbitals.[4]

An example of aurophilicity is the propensity of gold centres to aggregate. While both intramolecular and intermolecular aurophilic interactions have been observed, only intramolecular aggregation has been observed at such nucleation sites.[5]

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:17 pm

The question remains, duz gold stick to gold when cold or hot?
Iz a single hot atom (when cooling) attracted to another atom, or only to a lump of atoms?
What about a single cold atom?
Iz a small lump attracted to another lump?
Are crystals only formed hot?

I dont like the reference to relativity re explaining why gold likes gold. Certainly Einsteinian spacetime relativity duznt exist & karnt be a cause. But i doubt that any proper relativity can be a cause either. Relativity karnt do that kind of thing.

Relativity might affect intra & inter molecular forces when a lump of gold is mooving, ie by virtue of changing the aetherwind blowing throo the lump. Otherwize i dont see how relativity can be a factor. But standard science iz fond of applying relativity to say electrons & muons etc, mostly wrongly in my opinion.

Sci-Phy

Unread post by Sci-Phy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:25 am

Hi Crawler,

Very interesting subject.
There are a lot of materials about transmutation of chemical elements, especially under electric current.
In most cases water involved.

Regards

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:17 pm

Sci-Phy wrote:Hi Crawler,
Very interesting subject. There are a lot of materials about transmutation of chemical elements, especially under electric current. In most cases water involved.Regards
I guess that brings us to cold fuzion. Chances are that gold woz created by hot fuzion (in an exploding star they say).

Sci-Phy

Unread post by Sci-Phy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:00 am

crawler wrote: I guess that brings us to cold fuzion.
Yes, cold fusion, but not that kind of fusion people are talking about.
Since E=mcc does not holds, neither cold nor hot fusion exist.
It is completely opposite - you provide energy and you got your fusion.
Electricity (energy) flows - gold created.
Corentin Louis Kervran shows that biological transmutation exists in living organisms and they did not explode.
According to E=mcc, the energy output should break hens to pieces.
Almost all transmutations I read about involve electricity (there is electricity in living organisms).

Cheers

johnm33

Unread post by johnm33 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Maybe the planet stopped rotating causing all the heavy metals to boil on the surface on the inner core catalysing a whole series of chemical reactions that were exothermic thus melting all the layers up through to the surface, then fountains of iron copper and heavy metals were sputterdashed into the air, a bit like a hippo shitting, where they rapidly cooled and then were washed hither and thither over the landscape by the seas leaping out of their beds and reshaping the former archipelago into a sedimentary desert.

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:25 pm

Sci-Phy wrote:
crawler wrote: I guess that brings us to cold fuzion.
Yes, cold fusion, but not that kind of fusion people are talking about.
Since E=mcc does not holds, neither cold nor hot fusion exist.
It is completely opposite - you provide energy and you got your fusion.
Electricity (energy) flows - gold created.
Corentin Louis Kervran shows that biological transmutation exists in living organisms and they did not explode.
According to E=mcc, the energy output should break hens to pieces.
Almost all transmutations I read about involve electricity (there is electricity in living organisms).Cheers
In that case we might get electricity from a goose when it lays a golden egg.