Could use some help with this...

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Yogi

Could use some help with this...

Unread post by Yogi » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:24 pm

When you consider the news of planets discovered in recent times I cannot help but think that there would be one like perhaps Earth, as a model. How can I calculate how much power would be delivered if there were a a moon, sized near to our own, were orbiting in the magnetic field of said planet- or earth.
We have relatively weak telluric currents (don't remember the voltage), Io pumps a couple trillion watts into Jupiter which has a very strong magnetic field (in part due to Io?). Would a planet like ours under such conditions be quite different? What kind of telluric current strength would result for example? What other characteristics could be expected? How would I calculate the differences in measurements compared to Jupiter/Io? Size? magnetic field strength? Distance from sun? etc.
A genuine, modern-day, nobody.

Yogi

Re: Could use some help with this...

Unread post by Yogi » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:56 pm

Yikes, zilch! I know, this a tough one. Even if someone could point me in the right direction would be fine. Thanks guys!
A genuine, modern-day, nobody.

D_Archer

Re: Could use some help with this...

Unread post by D_Archer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:38 am

Yogi wrote:When you consider the news of planets discovered in recent times I cannot help but think that there would be one like perhaps Earth, as a model. How can I calculate how much power would be delivered if there were a a moon, sized near to our own, were orbiting in the magnetic field of said planet- or earth.
We have relatively weak telluric currents (don't remember the voltage), Io pumps a couple trillion watts into Jupiter which has a very strong magnetic field (in part due to Io?). Would a planet like ours under such conditions be quite different? What kind of telluric current strength would result for example? What other characteristics could be expected? How would I calculate the differences in measurements compared to Jupiter/Io? Size? magnetic field strength? Distance from sun? etc.
I discovered there are about 8 earth-like planets within 20 light years, they are:

Proxima Centauri B
Ross 128 b (possible dinosaur planet)
Tau Cetie e
YZ Ceti d+c
GJ 273c
Wolf 1061 b
82 G. Eridani b

I was able to classify them based on Stellar Metamorphosis.

You lost me on the power stuff, star systems are polymorphic, there are any number of possible power scenarios. Please keep in mind that life hosting worlds have a strong magnetic filed of their own to protect the life on the surface, this happens no matter the configuration. Also most charge that comes in comes from the center of the galaxy, stars only recycle this charge.
> Would a planet like ours under such conditions be quite different?
As per the above, not really, the aurora may be more or less intense. Also the general e-field strength could be higher or lower, this directly impacts the type of life that inhabits the surface. This ties in also to the resonance, which could be higher or lower based on the configuration, having also an impact on the type of life. But in all, nature protects itself , creating an environment that is always conducive to life.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -