eschatological prophecy - three days of darkness

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

breddy

eschatological prophecy - three days of darkness

Unread post by breddy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:46 am

There's an eschatological prophecy that's been kicking around since the 16th-17th century, called 'the three days of darkness', which are supposed to be similar to the biblical plagues of Egypt. Supposedly the sun will go dark, and anyone caught outside during these three days, will be struck dead.

Given the narrative in "Worlds in Collision", where the prior eschatological interpreted cataclysms occurred over the last few thousand years, I'm wondering how this kind of event could be explained hypothetically as a change in the stellar electrical dynamic.
Barry Reddy

lifelong student, husband, father, unix system administrator, college instructor, etc

nick c
Site Admin

Re: eschatological prophecy - three days of darkness

Unread post by nick c » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:41 pm

I think that it is more likely to be explained as a memory of the past projected into the future, as prophecy.

Frank_Grimer

Unread post by Frank_Grimer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:04 am

I believe the three days of darkness probably relates to the Sign of Jonas.

moses

Unread post by moses » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:03 pm

The three days of darkness would be because of a Sun - Venus - Earth conjunction and the tail of Venus producing electrical effects on Earth and possibly other effects resulting in considerable wildlife death producing plague conditions. This won't happen these days.

Cheers,
Mo

Frank_Grimer

Unread post by Frank_Grimer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:08 am

moses wrote:The three days of darkness would be because of a Sun - Venus - Earth conjunction and the tail of Venus producing electrical effects on Earth and possibly other effects resulting in considerable wildlife death producing plague conditions. This won't happen these days.

Cheers,
Mo
I thought it appropriate to post this account of your namesake, Moses. ;)

3 Days of Darkness happened before in the Bible:
before God’s People were going to the Promised Land

Exodus 10:21-23

The Ninth Plague: Darkness

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, darkness which may even be felt.” 22 So Moses stretched out his hand toward heaven, and there was thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days. 23 They did not see one another; nor did anyone rise from his place for three days. But all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.
(THIS IS THE TIME it happened before IN THE BIBLE).

moses

Unread post by moses » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Yes, this is what I was referring to.
Cheers,
Mo

Frank_Grimer

Unread post by Frank_Grimer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:13 am

Interestingly enough, Moses, I came across another bit in OT which refers to the sun going dark.

Moreover upon my servants and handmaids in those days
I will pour forth my spirit.
And I will show wonders in heaven;
and in earth, blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood:
before the great and dreadful day of the Lord does come.

moses

Unread post by moses » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:55 pm

I guess 'wonders in heaven' refers to stuff happening in the sky. It seems to be describing the edge of the Venus magnotail and soon afterwards things would get a lot worse and it would be time to head underground.

Actually I am working on converting bible phrases into numbers like theomatics so as to produce another key to the bible and the great pyramid. Gonna take a while though.

Cheers,
Mo

Younger Dryas

Unread post by Younger Dryas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:38 pm

nick c wrote:I think that it is more likely to be explained as a memory of the past projected into the future, as prophecy.
Going with Nick on this one, even by Exodus standards, the story of a Sun disappearing for 3 days was already quite old.
"I decided to believe, as you might decide to take
an aspirin: It can't hurt, and you might get better."
-- Umberto Eco Foucault's Pendulum (1988)

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:43 pm

The Egyptians bowed down to statues of a sun god, Ra. --It was rather inconvenient to the priesthood and for the idol, that the sun to ceased to give its light!

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _71.40.jpg

Seven of the plagues were directed at other objects of Egyptian worship as well, esp. the Nile.

For example, the plague of frogs was a bit of a mess since they worshiped Heqet, and could not kill them.

[img]http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kunoic ... oghead.jpg

Since we have so many comparative mythologists here, maybe someone else could help with the 1:1 correlations between the Egyptian idols and the plagues. Beetles, cattle, and storms may be familiar to Egyptologists.

Although, some of the plagues form a divine response to Egyptian practices. For example, the Egyptians were practicing eugenics on their labor force; the tenth plague was the supernatural "death of the first born". When Moses and Aaron took some dust from a furnace and threw it in the wind, this was a reference to the harsh treatment of the forced labor in brick making and lavish Egyptian building projects.

PS There are records of the Egyptians having suddenly lost their slave base, and having to raid neighboring regions to continue their extensive building projects around 1440 BC. It would take me a while to find the reference. So I leave it as a ps for now.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

moses

Unread post by moses » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:00 pm

The 5 pointed star simply was used to predict the Sun - Venus - Earth conjuctions. And such conjunctions could be mild or very bad depending upon the orbital characteristics which might have been somewhat different 5,000 years ago. But plagues could easily have been an outcome of a very bad interaction of Venus's tail and Earth.

So when you see those witch movies of the 5 pointed star being used then you can think of the origin of that. And of couse that 5 pointed star can help tune one in to those ancient Egyptian priests who were pretty cluey.

Cheers,
Mo

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:32 am

I can appreciate the psychoanalytic view of past disasters in the solar system to a certain degree. In this view, uncovering and facing the past cataclysmic events in the solar system will be "therapeutic" both for individuals and "collectively", according to Velikovsky.

But the question is, since the sun was darkened in the past, does it follow that it will never darken in the future?
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:40 am

And while the focus of this thread is on the sun having darkened in the past, there are also answering verses in the Old and New Testaments that say that the sun will dramatically brighten, so much so that it will cause burns. These events are closely followed by extraordinary, global earth quakes in the text.

For the past 10 years have read the majority of the potds, holoscience, The Electric Universe, and Don Scott's publications, and I have not found one article which states that a main sequence, type G2V star cannot do one or all of the following:
-release a geoeffective X20 or greater flare
-darken and brighten in a supernova event
-fission
-respond powerfully to a large sun grazer
-respond electrically to an interloping body entering the plane of the elliptic from either above or below
~Homer

moses

Unread post by moses » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Brigit,
I think we need to add in the possibility of the Milky Way being an AGN and thus giving out energetic waves periodically, possibly etheric waves, that will cause the Sun to go bonkers.
Cheers,
Mo

Brigit Bara

Unread post by Brigit Bara » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Thank you moses, I almost forgot the "quasar factory" at the center of the galaxy. (:
~Homer