Magnetic Rope Revealing?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

d3x0r

Magnetic Rope Revealing?

Unread post by d3x0r » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:19 pm

Maybe someone can direct me to a thread that already covers this.
I'd like to know more about these magnetic flux ropes; they bridge sun spots? They burst and result in solar flares?

Can these be simulated in the lab?

If you have two coils of opposing polarity near each other ( and gapped from other north/south coils similarly) could someone geneerate a plasma field to show the field of the magnets?

Wouldn't it also resemble a rope from the sun?
figure8-rotor-winding-anim-small.jpg

If one were to have many electromangets, and progressively walk energized coils forward, always keeping a containing current around the flux, could a similar rope be maintained cohesively?
coil-step-span-small.jpg
Unfortunatly the source inspiration for this is gone... And this is not a common way to 'move' the magnetic field to make a generator. Usually one just spins a coil in a stationary electomagnet (a car alternator for instance; or how large power generators run with exciter coils....)

The device that makes me question these things had 36 independant coils wound on a conventional motor/generator housing with 36 slots. The coils spanned 5 slots each. There was a static iron laminate core with a coil wound on it in the center; (where normally the rotor would go). Then an arduino controlling relays stepped through the outside coils as illustrated.
Attachments
1Cycle-alt-turn-field-binding.jpg
YetAnotherPairingPicture-resinfill.jpg

Osmosis

Re: Magnetic Rope Revealing?

Unread post by Osmosis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:15 pm

A stepper motor?

Osmosis

d3x0r

Unread post by d3x0r » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Kinda...
if the center core could rotate; otherwise it's a generator...

but the device is beside the point; in principle I want to know about magnetic flux ropes as a MO (method of operation)

but all that turns up on searches is solar flux...

d3x0r

Unread post by d3x0r » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:02 pm

A Journey to the Centre of the Sun - with Lucie Green
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9MS8XlP3-Y esp 49:49+

d3x0r

Unread post by d3x0r » Tue May 01, 2018 4:07 pm