Electron Configuration and Prime Number Sequence

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Electron Configuration and Prime Number Sequence

Unread postby DanKing » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:30 am

The electron configuration of atoms is a pretty important sequence of numbers:

1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 3d10 4p6 5s2 4d10

Essentially:

2, 2, 6, 2, 6, 2, 10, 6, 1, 10

If you isolate the up electron spin:

1s1 2s1 2p3 3s1 3p3 4s1 3d5 4p3 5s1 4d5

or:

1 1 3 1 3 1 5 3 1 5 ...

The prime number sequence is an equally important sequence of numbers:

3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53...

If you isolate the number gaps between the primes i.e. between prime 3 and prime 5 is the number 4 i.e. a gap of 1 number:

Number gaps in the prime sequence:

1 1 3 1 3 1 3 5 1 5

Electrons configuration spin up:

1 1 3 1 3 1 5 3 1 5

There seems to be a correlation between these sequences other than:

1 1 3 1 3 1 3 5 1 5 (Primes Gaps)

1s1 2s1 2p3 3s1 3p3 4s1 3d5 4p3 5s1 4d5 (Electron Configuration from Hydrogen to Cadmium)

The "difference" at 3d5 and 4p3 centres on iron.

If you include both - prime & + prime centre on 0

5 1 5 3 1 3 1 3 1 1 0 1 1 3 1 3 1 3 5 1 5

Am I missing something here? The prime number sequence and the electron configuration arguably the two most important sequences in the universe and they seem to match?

Is that merely a coincidence or significant?

Be great to hear anyone's thoughts

Dan
DanKing
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:18 am

Re: Electron Configuration and Prime Number Sequence

Unread postby willendure » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:42 pm

Perhaps the electrons are configured that way because they are really part of a hash to look up physical state when computing the physical behavior of the universe, and prime numbers make the hashing more efficient. You know, if 'reality' is just some kind of holographic simulation. ;)
willendure
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Electron Configuration and Prime Number Sequence

Unread postby oz93666 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:40 pm

willendure wrote:Perhaps the electrons are configured that way because they are really part of a hash to look up physical state when computing the physical behavior of the universe, and prime numbers make the hashing more efficient. You know, if 'reality' is just some kind of holographic simulation. ;)


Hash definition...."A hash function is any function that can be used to map data of arbitrary size to data of fixed size. The values returned by a hash function are called hash values, hash codes, digests, or simply hashes." ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_function

Not sure I understand ,can you say it in a different way?
oz93666
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Re: Electron Configuration and Prime Number Sequence

Unread postby DanKing » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:47 am

The electron configuration is a defined configuration in terms of energy levels etc...

The key here is that the electrons fit into the gaps in the prime number sequence which is either a massive coincidence or something more interesting...

The primes themselves could be "magnetic field lines" and hence could be the "scaffolding" that holds the universe together...

They're just my thoughts btw!
DanKing
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:18 am

Re: Electron Configuration and Prime Number Sequence

Unread postby kevin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:43 am

DanKing wrote:The electron configuration is a defined configuration in terms of energy levels etc...

The key here is that the electrons fit into the gaps in the prime number sequence which is either a massive coincidence or something more interesting...

The primes themselves could be "magnetic field lines" and hence could be the "scaffolding" that holds the universe together...

They're just my thoughts btw!


Excellent.
I have a thread upon here called dowsing and the lattice.
The lattice ( scaffold) is to Fibonacci.

0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144.

kevin
kevin
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:17 am

Re: Electron Configuration and Prime Number Sequence

Unread postby DanKing » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:13 am

Thanks Kevin,

How do you think that relates to the 5 1 5 3 1 3 1 3 1 1 0 1 1 3 1 3 1 3 5 1 5 etc?

The issue I'm having is with break in the pattern at the 3 & 5 4p6 and 3d10... I've been investigating shell shapes etc but not clear breakthrough yet lol

Dan
DanKing
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:18 am

Re: Electron Configuration and Prime Number Sequence

Unread postby kevin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:43 am

DanKing wrote:Thanks Kevin,

How do you think that relates to the 5 1 5 3 1 3 1 3 1 1 0 1 1 3 1 3 1 3 5 1 5 etc?

The issue I'm having is with break in the pattern at the 3 & 5 4p6 and 3d10... I've been investigating shell shapes etc but not clear breakthrough yet lol

Dan

http://www.spirasolaris.ca/

Kevin
kevin
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:17 am

Re: Electron Configuration and Prime Number Sequence

Unread postby DanKing » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:38 am

Hi Kevin,

Yes it is a spiral... how did you know from the sequence?

Here's an image of it - the red - straight- lines are the primes:

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 10.28.15.jpg


Here it zooms out:

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 10.30.26.jpg


Here you can clearly see the spiral

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 10.32.09.jpg


Dan

Apologies for the image quality it's a 50Kb maximum
DanKing
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:18 am


Return to New Insights and Mad Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron