Nazi, SS occultism and EU

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Mjolnir

Nazi, SS occultism and EU

Unread post by Mjolnir » Mon May 15, 2017 2:18 pm

So, browsing the internet, researching for my own purposes, I stumble upon this strange figure, Karl Maria Wiligut, who apparently had some influence on Heinrich Himmler and some quasi-religious aspecs of the SS organisation. Here from the Wikipedia article on KMW:

"Santur is interpreted as a burnt-out sun that was still visible at the time of Homer. Rüdiger speculates that this was the center of the solar system hundreds of millennia ago, and he imagines a fight between the new and the old Suns that was decided 330,000 years ago. Santur is seen as the source of power of the Hyperboreans."

The source of his knowledge of these things was, as far as I can tell, "racial memory" or something.

This, of course, seems very similar to the story deduced from the "global archetypes" and whatnot within EU (Talbott).

How to account for this? Is the EU narrative a continuation of Nazi nonsense? Did KWM really have some deep insights? Or is it a coincidence?

No offense or reductio ad hitlerum intended. It just baffles me. I guess this belongs under the NIAMI heading, certainly nowhere else.

Mjolnir

D_Archer

Re: Nazi, SS occultism and EU

Unread post by D_Archer » Tue May 16, 2017 2:08 am

These germans were heavily reading occult sources so their source is an earlier source and these must be the same myths that David draws from.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -