Warning! My book now available for 99 Cents!

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jimmcginn

Warning! My book now available for 99 Cents!

Unread post by jimmcginn » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:42 pm

James McGinn:
My assertion that moist air is heavier than dry air is based on application of Avogadro's law. The mistake many make is to not realize that H2O is not monomolecular (steam) at ambient temperatures. So we have no choice but to assume that is is a compound molecule (microdroplets of liquid H2O) at ambient temperatures resulting in moist air being heavier (denser) that dry air, in stark contradiction to what meteorology maintains.

Sergio:
You don't know what you are talking about. This clearly indicates that Avogadro was well aware of compound molecules:
Avogadro overcame the difficulty by postulating compound molecules. This is the second and most important part of Avogadro's hypothesis . It may be regarded as his second hypothesis ; and, unlike the first, it seems completly original. Avogadro wrote: most important part of Avogadro's hypothesis. It may be regarded as his second hypothesis; and unlike the first, it seems completely original. Avogadro wrote: "We suppose... that the constituent molecules of any simple gas whatever... are not formed of a solitary elementary molecule, but are made up of a certain number of these molecules united by attraction to form a single one." Compound molecules of gases must therefore be composed of two or more atoms. Avogadro implies that there are always an even number of atoms in the molecule of a gas. For nitrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen it is two, "but it is possible that in other cases, the division might be into four, eight, etc." Avogadro is not at his clearest in this part of the memoir, but clarity is achieved when he gives an example: "Thus, for example, the integral molecule of water will be composed of a half-molecule of oxygen with one molecule, or, what is the same thing, two half-molecules, of hydrogen."
http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Amede ... regna.aspx

James McGinn:
Relevance?

Sergio:
That is obvious, you did not read any of it, and you continue ignore the facts, crank.

James McGinn:
I read it. As I've indicated in other posts, this passage assumes H2O is gaseous at ambient temperatures. This is not possible. As you demonstrate vividly, the supposition that moist air contains gaseous H2O a blind assumption. It's science-based orthodoxy. It's pseudoscience.

Sergio:
Don't bother to reply to this guy, ALL his marbles are loose, and he is only here to argue.

HE IS ONLY HERE TO ARGUE!

Jim McGinn in his Book “WHAT GOES UP: Storm Theory: What meteorologists believe but won't debate, discuss, or even doubt” represents ‘the beginning of the end’ of what little rationality mankind was capable of applying to any given subject. McGinn represents an unusually high order of the Dunning-Kruger effect seldom seen in ‘modern’ internet work; What other authors are to Chemtrails and HAARP mind control Jim McGinn is to understanding (or mis-understanding) tornadoes …

To cite Jim McGinn as an idiot or a moron is to slight idiots and morons.

From Wiki: Dunning and Kruger proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:
fail to recognize their own lack of skill;
fail to recognize genuine skill in others;
fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy;
fail to recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, if they are exposed to training for that skill.

James McGinn:
The emotions you are feeling is by design. I wrote this book with the intention of giving you no avenue of escape. You can try to dispute it if you want. But, let's face it, you're already entangled. If you struggle you'll just become more entangled. And there's no way out -- without thinking. Sorry.

My only advice is that if you haven't gotten to the third chapter yet stop now. But it sounds like it's too late for that. Oh well. It's not like me making you think is some kind of violation of your civil rights or something.

From now until the end of the tornado season in tornado alley, both of my books are available on Amazon for only 99 cents each!

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss ... +tornadoes

WHAT GOES UP: Storm Theory; What meteorologists believe but won't debate, discuss, or even doubt
(Solving Tornadoes: Hacking the Atmosphere Book 1) Jun 11, 2014
by James McGinn
Kindle Edition
Only 99 Cents!
3.2 out of 5 stars

Vortex Phase: The Discovery of the Spin That Underlies the Twist; A Simple Solution to Large, Violent Tornadoes
(Solving Tornadoes: Hacking the Atmosphere Book 2) Dec 8, 2014
by James McGinn and Artem Baguinski
Kindle Edition
Only 99 Cents!
5 out of 5 stars

James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes