Future School

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Lloyd

Future School

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:04 pm

I posted a similar version of this on the Mathis Forum. I'm modifying it a little here.

I'd like to start a school online that teaches "sustainable" alternatives to our corrupt system. I'd like the school to teach MM's math and physics (& EU & catastrophism & Chandler's model). Does that sound like fun to anyone?

Here's a pitch I just wrote up.

Corruption is widespread and threatens to destroy everyone's future. We need a school that teaches college kids and others alternatives to the corrupt system, so everyone can have a brighter future asap. We would see results quickly, within 4 years. We would see new towns spring up that are virtually corruption-proof. We would see great reductions in poverty, crime and health problems. We would see powerful free energy and other exciting technology, space exploration and colonization, health tech and so on.
- The knowledge to organize such a school is already available. We know how to clean up science, history, economics, math, education, parenting and politics. Plenty of young people and others have the motivation. The internet is our best organizing tool.
- What name do you think would be good for the school?
- Would you like to make a donation for our weekly newsletter to keep you informed of the school's progress at educating students and ending corruption?
- Would you like to attend at least some of our weekly discussions?

These are classes that could be taught: learning (math, science, history, economics, tech), morality, lifecoaching, health-informing, dating, big-talk, frugality/survival, freetowns, coopbusiness&nonprofit, parenting, astrokarma.

Thoughts, everyone?

Lloyd

Re: Future School

Unread post by Lloyd » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:26 pm

-Plan:
1. Post study materials or links on Future School's website.
2. Get investors, partners, students, sponsors, donors, volunteers.
3. Future School students pay to be tested for certification in any subject offered.
4. Students & others pay Future School donations for consulting to start coop businesses/nonprofits and free towns.

Lloyd

Re: Future School -- Gaming

Unread post by Lloyd » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:33 am

I just posted this to an unschooling group.

Use gaming to change the system.

I'm interested in working with anyone on making code for virtual city games that allows users to change local ordinances such as to safeguard unschoolers, protect the local environment, end local corruption etc.

I'd like the code to show which parts of the city or the area and which people are controlled by irresponsible corporations and which parts are controlled by responsible people and show which people are responsible. That would alert the people to when their city or area is in danger.

I found out about a great nonprofit last spring that helps towns etc pass ordinances like that which are preventing abuse by corporations etc. It's online at http://CELDF.org

This kind of gaming could be useful for activists, including activists for ending corruption in science etc.