Why Do Jet Streams Exist?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

jimmcginn

Why Do Jet Streams Exist?

Unread post by jimmcginn » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:35 am

Submission to Reader Comment Section of Ideas and Discoveries Magazine

Discover Something New
Ideas and Discoveries Magazine
http://www.ideasanddiscoveries.com/
My submission to Reader Comment Section:

(Post note: this submission was accepted and appears in the April issue.)

A river that has no banks is not a river, it is a flood. Might the same be true for jet streams? If so, might this suggest an undiscovered plasma that facilitates the structural integrity that, like the banks of a river, makes the focused flow of jet streams possible? Your article on jet streams, entitled How Sick is the Jet Stream? February 2015, goes a long way to opening people's minds to the possibility that there is more to the atmosphere than just wind and water. On my own website, solvingtornadoes.com, I attempt to breath some life into these questions by drawing parallels between jet streams and tornadoes, going so far as to suggest that the plainly observable cone or vortex of a tornado is evidence that substantiates the existence of this theoretical plasma. In my book entitled, Vortex Phase: The Discovery of the Spin That Underlies the Twist, I take it a step further suggesting a simple solution to large, violent tornadoes. Thank you for providing graphic evidence that jet streams play a much greater role in our everyday lives than was previously even imagined.

James McGinn
Solving Tornadoes