The Lorentz Force law fails under relativistic conditions.

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Chan Rasjid

The Lorentz Force law fails under relativistic conditions.

Unread post by Chan Rasjid » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:29 am

Dear scientists,

Concerning my paper:
"The Relativistic Mechanics of E=mc2 Wrong".

The first version of my paper had an argument that the Kaufmann-Bucherer-Neumann experiments were experimental refutation of the Lorentz magnetic force law. The logic and argument presented was more curious then rigorous - more on intuition then hard logic. In later versions updated to my homepage, the argument was removed. The main reason being I could not get to understand what the Kauffmann and Bucherer type experiments were all about. I made guesses rather than from any understanding. I could not find any article in the internet which explains the theory behind the experiments. Some were behind pay walls.

Fortunately, I just found an article of Professor A.K.T. Assis which gives a very clear explanation of the Bucherer experiment. Now that the physics behind the Bucherer experiment is clear, my conclusion is again as before - the experiment was evidence of the failure of the Lorentz force law at relativistic speed conditions.

The basis of the experiments equates the magnetic force of deflection with Newton's force law (f = ma). The law f=ma has mass being invariant as an axiom "written" into it. As the result of the experiment predicted a mass varying with speed, it unraveled a contradiction in the physics underlying the experiment - there was a conflict between the Lorentz force law with Newton's force law. Newton's laws have been rigorously tested. On the other hand, some physicists have noted that the Lorentz force law has never been verified at relativistic speed conditions. So it is easy to decide which of the laws failed in the Bucherer experiment - the Lorentz force law fails.

I have updated my paper with an explanation of the Bucherer experiment and the detail argument indicting the Lorentz force law.

My homepage:
http://www.emc2fails.com

Best regards,
Chan Rasjid.

Chan Rasjid

Re: The Lorentz Force law fails under relativistic condition

Unread post by Chan Rasjid » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:29 am

Hello,

I have just completed a short 5-page paper entitled: "The Bucherer Experiment and The Lorentz Force Law".
It does a rather comprehensive re-examination of the Bucherer experiment.

Abstract: "The Bucherer experiment of 1908 was not experimental proof of a relativistic mass varying with speed, but proof that electromagnetism and the Lorentz force law fail under relativistic speed conditions. Our conclusions come from a novel re-examination of the Bucherer experiment based on three different interpretations of Newton’s second law as applied to the experiment and to analyze the implications for each of: (1) f orce ∝ dp/dt; (2)f orce =relativistic_mass × acceleration; (3) the classical f = ma."

My homepage:
http://www.emc2fails.com

Best regards,
Chan Rasjid.