The Devil

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

moses

The Devil

Unread post by moses » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:50 pm

When Venus was approaching Earth, and Venus had a tail like a comet, then what did people on Earth observe. Well if one looked at the coma of Venus then the edges of the coma would appear much brighter than the centre of the coma. That is because the light comes from the edges of the coma and if one looks along an edge then one sees a lot more light than if one looks straight through the edge, which one does if one looks at the centre of the coma.

So the effect is that there are two cone shaped objects seen near Venus in the coma of Venus. Thus a circle with two smallish cones on top. Which becomes a head with two horns. Well and truly the devil because of the mayhem produced when Venus came into conjunction, and the people sheltered underground.

Cheers,
Mo

comingfrom

Re: The Devil

Unread post by comingfrom » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:56 pm

I don't think Christianity had come about yet, when Venus did that.

;)
~Paul

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:33 pm

comingfrom wrote:I don't think Christianity had come about yet, when Venus did that
The concept of the "devil" existed long before the arrival of Christianity.

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:52 am

Could be the bull of the Taurian age.

moses

Unread post by moses » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Perhaps bull-fighting is a remembrance of Venus coming towards Earth. But Taurus the bull is probably something different. After all bull-like creatures were significant to the ancients. And all the ancient stories associated with constellations is a life-long study. In some of these stories one would swear that they refer to some comet-like planet, yet in others it is like a cryptic mystery novel pointing to something unknown in the very distant past.

Just because one can draw two horns joining the stars in Taurus does not give us a real clue to what originated the association. It is a huge subject.

Cheers,
Mo

freemanjack

Unread post by freemanjack » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:29 pm

**The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate, which translates הֵילֵל as lucifer, meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus", or, as an adjective, "light-bringing"
**In a modern translation from the original Hebrew, the passage in which the phrase "Lucifer" or "morning star" occurs begins with the statement: "On the day the Lord gives you relief from your suffering and turmoil and from the harsh labour forced on you, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: How the oppressor has come to an end! How his fury has ended!"[31] After describing the death of the king, the taunt continues:
"How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, 'I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.' But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit. Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: 'Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer
May 'shine a little light' on this topic! :twisted:

comingfrom

Unread post by comingfrom » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:34 pm

Cheers for that, FreeMan.

Then two references to the morning star in Revelation
(I'm still trying to work how to tie them in).

Rev 2:28 I will give him the morning star.
&
Rev 22:16 I am ... the bright and morning star.

~Paul

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Thanks Paul & Jack. Science has a lot of catching up to compete with the Bible. Just because our puny minds can't conceive of some things doesn't mean they aren't true.

I believe that "the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters" and that started the generator that electrified the universe. When the generator stops, the sun, moon, and stars will not give their light. Also, Satan (Lucifer, Venus) is the god of this world.