Question about gravity and light

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

StevenO

Re: Question about gravity and light

Unread post by StevenO » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:00 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:Hi Steven,
We don't have to tell the apple anything, it already knows everything it needs to know. Can Newton's inverse square law thing grow a tree?
Actually there might be a lot more to that question than you might know...but that is outside the scope of this discussion. Could you explain the point of the question? The law of gravity does not make statements on how trees grow, only how much force it will experience from the aggregated mass of the earth.
Grey Cloud wrote:
For me the scientific method is the law of getting measurable and predictable results that can be quantified by math. It is not an assumption, ...
If that's your gig, then fine. My point against Earls was that it is not the only way, nor IMO the necessarily the best, and also that there is no need to denigrate the views of others just because they lie outside one's own comfort zone. I capitalise Philosophy to diffrentiate between true Philosophy and the modern gibberish. I would like to see science come up with maths which proves that an apple tree is in the pip.
It was not a discussion about comfort zones nor intention to denigrate other people, but to show the difference between science and pseudo-science, which is quantifiable predictions matched by observations that can be reviewed by others. You would think (armchair) philosophy is a valid alternative to scientific progress?
Grey Cloud wrote:Personally, I don't subscribe to the notion of God (capitalised :D )but one could perhaps take the existence of an orderly, coherent and comprehensible Universe as physical evidence (and the fact that an apple tree grows from a pip, or a butterfly from a caterpillar, or, or...).
A universe can only exist if there is both order and chaos to it, Also I'm not so sure if we comprehend our Universe. For me this observation does'nt qualify as something supernatural. What if growth (or expansion) is just the natural state of our universe? Just like 'time' always grows and the 'space' expands as can be detected in the motion of far away galaxies...
Grey Cloud wrote:I would dare to put my head in a lion's mouth if I thought that there was knowledge to be gleaned from the lion's tonsils. :geek:
I would like to see that.
First, God decided he was lonely. Then it got out of hand. Now we have this mess called life...
The past is out of date. Start living your future. Align with your dreams. Now execute.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:06 pm

Earls wrote:
There are numerous methods to expanding one's personal knowledge - this is not the issue. It's about being taken seriously.
The first sentence is exactly my point and exactly what you were are denying in your continued denigration of Kevin, and myself. The second sentence is ridiculous. What has knowledge got to do with being taken seriously. The guys who run this website are not taken seriously by the scientific community which you defer to, yet they have stuck by their convictions nevertheless.
Only other cooks who "feel" the same way.
There you go again with the weasel words. I listen to what Kevin says because, as I have stated several times elsewhere, I see similarities with what I read in such 'cooks' as Pythagoras, Plato and Aristotle, to name but three. (None of whom had a Ph.D.)
The scientific method is an established, international standard of investigation.
Slavery used to be an established international standard too. In fact there were scientific theories which proved that whites were superior to blacks, reds and yellows. Warfare has established international standards too. There is also an army of scientists ready, able and willing to produce such wonders as nuclear, biological and chemical weapons.
If you wish to gain support for your mysticism agenda among the majority, then you will communicate with their language.
Once more with the weasel words. I have no agenda, mystical or otherwise. And as for being concerned with what the majority think of me or anything else - if I thought that my level of understanding was at the level of the majority I would top myself. I gain my understanding from reading Philosophy and contemplation, and observing the natural world, including people-watching.
It's not IMPOSSIBLE explain the unknown with the Grey Cloud Method, but it's certainly improbable that you'll convince the majority you know what you're talking about when you can't adhere to a few simple rules of gathering observable, empirical and measurable evidence.
I do not have a method other than the one outlined above. Surely the purpose of science is to explain the unknown, or more correctly make the unknown known. Does science generally or the EU, gather observable, empirical and measurable evidence for the formation of the Universe, for example? Wahy are you obsessed with the opinion of the majority? From your reasoning, scientific 'fact' would be decided by a show of hands.

Being held accountable for your claims is just "out of your comfort zone."
There are numerous methods to expanding one's personal knowledge - this is not the issue. It's about being taken seriously.

When your evidence is subjective "feelings" - I feel there's something spooky near crops circles... I feel there's a force fields emanating from the earth... I see auras surrounding trees... Who's going to take you seriously? Only other cooks who "feel" the same way.

The scientific method is an established, international standard of investigation. An accountable, dependable baseline that the majority uses for scientific advancement. If you wish to gain support for your mysticism agenda among the majority, then you will communicate with their language. It's not IMPOSSIBLE explain the unknown with the Grey Cloud Method, but it's certainly improbable that you'll convince the majority you know what you're talking about when you can't adhere to a few simple rules of gathering observable, empirical and measurable evidence. In the case of gaining support and acceptable for your ideas, IT IS the best way.
But whatever, this is absolutely futile. Being held accountable for your claims is just "out of your comfort zone."
Held accountable by who? The majority again?
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

earls

Unread post by earls » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:25 pm

Kevin, I'm not going to say you don't present interesting concepts, only that quantifying them would be much greater benefit.

"What has knowledge got to do with being taken seriously."

You can be the smartest person in the world, but if you can't communicate your ideas, what value do they hold?

"Does science generally or the EU, gather observable, empirical and measurable evidence for the formation of the Universe, for example?"

Yes.

"Held accountable by who?"

The person(s) you're trying to convince, majority or otherwise.

The majority dictates reality.

(Another one bites the dust.)

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:36 pm

I take it that this thread has been promoted/demoted/moved which ever way you look at it?
Is this what occurs on the thunderbolts forum if one discusses anything outside of accepted science laws etc?

I apologise to those who were contributing to the thread, and it won't happen again, as I won't venture down/up into other parts again.

Kevin

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi Steven,
The point of my question about Newton and the apple was that no amount of maths can explain it.
You would think (armchair) philosophy is a valid alternative to scientific progress?
I don't do philosophy, armchair or otherwise. I try to do Philosophy which is not an academic subject but a way of life. I live my life according to my beliefs, doxis and praxis. My ethics and politics come from my metaphysics. I have the courage of my convictions, or as many teachers, employers etc have called it - my attitude. This often makes me unpopular with the majority, which is generally a sign that I am on the right track.
A universe can only exist if there is both order and chaos to it, ...
Do you have any empirical evidence or maths to back up that statement? You, I assume, are using the word 'chaos' in its modern sense. Its original meaning was completely different.
Also I'm not so sure if we comprehend our Universe.
We don't, not fully in any meaningful sense. Not even Kevin and myself.
What if growth (or expansion) is just the natural state of our universe?
It is, there is no 'what if' about it. Though I would qualify that by saying that it is growth rather than expansion, or growth is a better way of looking at it rather than expansion.
For me this observation does'nt qualify as something supernatural.
There is no such thing as supernatural. There is however 'supersensory', i.e. that which lies above or beyond the senses.
Personally, I wouldn't be too certain that there are 'far away' galaxies or far away anything.

Tell me what knowledge is in a lion's tonsils. And bring some breath-freshener - death is nothing but the smell of a lion's breath.....
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Earls wrote:
You can be the smartest person in the world, but if you can't communicate your ideas, what value do they hold?
The value lies how the knowledge improves the individual who holds it. Knowledge which does not lend itself to this is not true knowledge.

"Does science generally or the EU, gather observable, empirical and measurable evidence for the formation of the Universe, for example?"
Yes.
Really? Folk have observed the formation of the Universe?

"Held accountable by who?"
The person(s) you're trying to convince, majority or otherwise.
What makes you think I wish to convince anyone? You appear to be judging me by your standards.
The majority dictates reality.
That statement is .... Words fail me.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

StevenO

Unread post by StevenO » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:Hi Steven,
The point of my question about Newton and the apple was that no amount of maths can explain it.
I'm not so sure. But first science has to realize that growing organisms use antimatter to grow and that space and time natural state is to expand away from an observer.
Grey Cloud wrote:
You would think (armchair) philosophy is a valid alternative to scientific progress?
I don't do philosophy, armchair or otherwise. I try to do Philosophy which is not an academic subject but a way of life. I live my life according to my beliefs, doxis and praxis. My ethics and politics come from my metaphysics. I have the courage of my convictions, or as many teachers, employers etc have called it - my attitude. This often makes me unpopular with the majority, which is generally a sign that I am on the right track.
I admire that, but that has nothing to do with science.
Grey Cloud wrote:
A universe can only exist if there is both order and chaos to it, ...
Do you have any empirical evidence or maths to back up that statement? You, I assume, are using the word 'chaos' in its modern sense. Its original meaning was completely different.
I mean "undirected" movements that can only be described by statistics as one of the foundations of our physical universe. That's the reason the Euler function shows up so regularly and also the reason atoms have "free will".
Grey Cloud wrote:
Also I'm not so sure if we comprehend our Universe.
We don't, not fully in any meaningful sense. Not even Kevin and myself.
It means we still have lot's of discussions ahead :D
Grey Cloud wrote:
For me this observation does'nt qualify as something supernatural.
There is no such thing as supernatural. There is however 'supersensory', i.e. that which lies above or beyond the senses.
Personally, I wouldn't be too certain that there are 'far away' galaxies or far away anything.
I'm pretty sure they exist, but things far away in space have no influence on our life here. It is much more interesting to see what is coupled through time since time is always local.
First, God decided he was lonely. Then it got out of hand. Now we have this mess called life...
The past is out of date. Start living your future. Align with your dreams. Now execute.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Seeing as we are now down here in the sin-bin we may as well continue.

Hi Steven,
You wrote:
I admire that, but that has nothing to do with science.
Thank you, but it does have everything to do with knowledge. :D

'There are lies, damned lies and statistics' - Benjamin Disraeli.
I'm pretty sure they [far away galaxies] exist, but things far away in space have no influence on our life here.
I'm pretty sure that they are not far away and that they do have an influence.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

StevenO

Unread post by StevenO » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Grey Cloud wrote:
I'm pretty sure they [far away galaxies] exist, but things far away in space have no influence on our life here.
I'm pretty sure that they are not far away and that they do have an influence.
Now you got me interested. Not far away in time you mean? What influence would they have?

I think anti-matter galaxies have a greater influence on our life, but unfortunately we cannot detect them except as patterns of energy and CMBR.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi Steven,
you wrote:
Now you got me interested. Not far away in time you mean? What influence would they have?
Not really my thing this as I am more interested in inner space than outer. I view the Universe as one enity or organism so everything in it is related. I have no idea as what specific influence they may have but they are not sat there radiating all that energy for nothing.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

SpaceTravellor

Unread post by SpaceTravellor » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:30 am

Kevin wrote:
"You have every right to doubt what I say, hopefully you have the true scientist within you that has the brains to recognise that we humans far exceed any machine or devices yet manufactured, and that we have latent abilities that have gone dormant for whatever reson/s"

Agreed, Kevin. I´m convinced that our ancestors had a far more holistic picture of all phenomenons in the Universe compared to the mechanical measures from the modern science. Of course, the human spiritual skills goes dormant when not trained and when the measuring-machines takes over as the preferred measuring methode.

Still, the modern measurements from modern Astronomy and Cosmology can, in many cases, be used to confirm ancient telling of Creation and to confirm ancient Symbols, dealing with both the basical and general laws of Natural Creation.

The universal symbol of the Serpent deals with our Milky Way Galaxy, symbolizing the white band on the night Sky, going all around the Earth. In the middle of our galaxy stands the Tree of Life from which all matter and light have spread spiralling out in our galaxy.

- Told in modern terms, all matter and ligt have been spread OUT from the center of our galaxy i. e. "driven out of Eden" - and therefor there is NO black hole in the middle of our galaxy "sucking everything in towards the center". On the contrary: Everything is pushed out from the middle and thats why new Suns still are created in the middle of our galaxy.

- Especially on this matter, our ancestors got the story more right than modern science, because of their ability to make spiritual travels and because of their directly intuitive communication skills, knowing imediately whats going on in their spiritual visions.

For more Mythological and Cosmological explanations, look here: http://www.native-science.net and http://www.cosmology-unified.net

All the Best from Ivar Nielsen
Last edited by SpaceTravellor on Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

kevin

Unread post by kevin » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:03 am

SpaceTravellor,
Hallo hvordan har de det?
Please don't test my Danish any further, my partner Suzi's mother came from your middle island funen, right at the top .
I have been there and it is a wonderfull country , and the people are fabulous .
the fishing on skanderborg and and silkeborg is unbelievable.
Suzi's father was in the liberation troops that freed Denmark, and did a reverse viking with her mother bringing her back here, they are both still alive and well.

I hope to return to denmark to look about the megaliths there, those people were in touch with the pathways between where we are and were we will travel to, imo.
I will never forget seeing the signs directing you to where canoodling is, to ourselves that is when two people cuddle up etc, such a disappointment to find people getting into canoes.
kevin

SpaceTravellor

Unread post by SpaceTravellor » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 am

Hi Kevin,

I´ll go along not testing your Danish - if you agree to not testing my English . . .

- Feel free to contact me at my personal mail for further conversations.

All the Best from Ivar