Anatoly Fomenko: False Chonology

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

SciRPG

Anatoly Fomenko: False Chonology

Unread post by SciRPG » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:07 pm

I was wondering if anyone here read any of these books on alternate history by Anatoly Fomenko?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Chronology_(Fomenko)

I ran into this purely by accident, I haven't read them myself but I wonder if Talbott/Thornhill had ever glance over some of this theory?
Last edited by SciRPG on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~Richard K~~
3D SciFi Illustration

Plasmatic

Re: Anatoly Fomenko: False Chonology

Unread post by Plasmatic » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Yeah ive read it a bit. I think the dating is wild though.Heres something I posted to Dave and comp. a while back.

http://books.google.com/books?id=YcjFAV ... #PPA180,M1
"Logic is the art of non-contradictory identification"......" I am therefore Ill think"
Ayn Rand
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

SciRPG

Unread post by SciRPG » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Thanks for the link,
I recall reading on the site here about time discrepancies in "history" unfortunately I only have Scotts book and saving my pennies for the others.

As with Velikovsky you can always discover interesting pieces of the puzzle from obscure and interesting sources.
~~Richard K~~
3D SciFi Illustration

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Barnes and Nobel carried Fomenko's works but cost was prohibitive >$400. I got a copy of his first Volume for ~ $30 @ Amazon. He has published 7 volumes of evidence.

His evidence that history of chronology between the time of Jesus and 1400 AD cannot be trusted is very convincing. His charts demonstrate that the chronology of certain nations is duplicated: rulers in one nation reigned the same number of years as rulers in another nation but 500 years removed and with different names.

The main reason for the errors in reconstruction of history is mistakenly interrupting the way dates were written on ancient documents and paintings etc. He maintains that ancient items were dated i350 or j350. The i or the j represented the nativity of Jesus, and should have been interrupted as 350 AD; historians interrupted the i or the j to represent 1,000 years so the date became 1,350 AD instead of 350 AD.

Nature abhors a vacuum. The 1,000 year gap had to be filled with something. Chronological historians did their best, but most probably errored.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:42 am

Pick a date! Any date! Then spend the rest of your life gathering evidence about what happened on that date. :? ;)
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 am

The first two Fomenko books are available online, complete and free. Read through them and you will see that he makes his case.

History: Fiction or Science? Chronology 1

http://books.google.com/books?id=YcjFAV4WZ9MC

History: Fiction or Science?: Volume 2

http://books.google.com/books?id=fSvlaZYbcwUC

Bookmark the pages for easy access.

jtb

Unread post by jtb » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:40 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Chron ... Fomenko%29
Dr. Fomenko “argues that the conventional chronology of Middle Eastern and European history is fundamentally flawed, and that events attributed to the civilizations of the Roman Empire, Ancient Greece and Ancient Egypt actually occurred during the Middle Ages, more than a thousand years later."

I'm revisiting Fomenko because I watched a u-tube video that claims the Jewish Jesus is a fiction based on ancient Roman, Greek, and Egyptian mythology. When I posted the above link questioning the chronology developed by the Jesuits in the 1500s, I was banned from the site without any justification. That tells me Dr. Fomenko's evidence that much of recorded Roman, Greek, and Egyptian history actually did occur after the birth of Christ during the Middle Ages and is a threat to their core beliefs. There must be something to it.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:11 pm

john666,
Your posts (and several responses which have no context without the offending posts) have been removed. The discussion of a
(1) a 9/11 conspiracy
and
(2) religious issues
are not an appropriate subject matter for the TB Forum. Please refrain from continuing to make posts along these lines.
Please read and if necessary reread the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:20 pm

jtb,
As a general rule of thumb, anyone who uses statistics in the study of history can be safely ignored. (I ignore anyone who uses them full stop).

I agree with one of his critics who said it was slav nationalism. There is a lot of it about, Bulgaria is a good example with regards to the Black Sea, Thrace and some other things.

Have you got a link for the video about Jesus?
If I have the least bit of knowledge
I will follow the great Way alone
and fear nothing but being sidetracked.
The great Way is simple
but people delight in complexity.
Tao Te Ching, 53.

john666

Unread post by john666 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:11 pm

In other for people to understand Fomenko, they need to read some his stuff, and here it is http://chronologia.org/en/how_it_was/02_11.html

Chapter 2.
THE EPOCH OF THE XII CENTURY

11. CHRIST WAS BORN IN CRIMEA. IN THE SAME PLACE MARY MOTHER OF GOD DIED.

The question of where Christ was born preoccupies many people. Today we are assured that the place of His birth was modern Palestine where the city of Bethlehem is located. This name is taken from the Bible. Thus in the Gospels it named as the town where Christ was born. However, we discovered that this theory of historians is incorrect. Most likely The Virgin Mary originally came from Russia. Besides, many authors from 'antiquity' called Andronicus-Christ Etruscan, i.e. Russian [ЦРИМ]. Furthermore, in the Russian-Horde chronicles the Emperor Andronicus-Christ is described as the great prince Andrey Bogolyubskyi, who was born in Russia [ЦРС]. Therefore, Andronicus-Christ could have been born somewhere in Russia-Horde.

It turns out that Christ was born in Crimea, in the same place where Mother of God died [ХР]. We were able 'to calculate' the exact location of Christ's birthplace. It is the famous cape Fiolent (aka the Bethlehem of the Gospels) in Southern Crimea. Crimean Karaites were convinced that the Cradle of the Savior of the World (Christ) is kept in Crimea. It appears that the famous Holy Grail is the Golden Cradle of the Baby Jesus. It remained in Crimea, where apparently it was searched for for a long time. The identification of the Holy Grail with the Golden Cradle of Jesus also has its origins in the legend of King Arthur. Cape Fiolent was visited by the Russian Emperors in order to bow down to this Holy site.

Moreover, we came across an important fact. It appears that an ancient CAVE temple of the Nativity of Christ was found on the Cape Fiolent. This temple as well as the St. George's Monastery has survived many events. It still exists today. A beautiful concurrence with the Gospels arises, according to which, the Nativity took place in a CAVE. It is absolutely clear that in this place there should have appeared a cave temple of the Nativity of Christ. In the whole world there are only a few cave churches of the Nativity of Christ. But it is only about one of them, namely the temple in Fiolent, that so much information, directly connecting it to the Gospel events, has been discovered. It is intriguingly, that in the XX century in the St. George's Monastery in Fiolent they wanted to restore the ancient rituals-performances in the memory of the Nativity of Christ [ХР], ch.5.

Are there any references to Christ's Golden Cradle that survive in the history of Southern Crimea? After all we are beginning to understand that Jesus was born in Fiolent. That is why such a vivid detail as the Golden Cradle of Baby Jesus-Zeus should have been reflected in the legends of this region. It appears that such references not only exist, but are also well known. But unfortunately, today nobody directly makes the connection to Christ, as the Romanovs enforced eradication of the true Crimean history [ХР], ch.5.

For many centuries until the end of the XIX century there were stories about CRIMEAN PRINCES BEING NURSED IN THE HOLY GOLDEN CRADLE. The cradle was enveloped in incredible veneration; it was guarded and kept safe from the enemies. When the enemies were at close quarters, the holy golden cradle was concealed in the cave.

Everything is clear. The cradle in which was reared the Baby Jesus, who was born in Crimea in Crimea circa 1152, on cape Fiolent, became holy to all Christians, primarily to the Christians of Crimea. It's unlikely that the cradle was actually gold. Most likely this is a figment of people's imagination, as Christ was associated with the Sun and Gold. That is why the Cradle was depicted as gold in the icons. Please note, that the Golden Cradle eventually found itself once again in the cave inside the Crimean mountain. Originally, when Jesus-Zeus was born, it was in the mountain cave. And it is there it has returned according to folklore.

It is also clear why the successive Crimean princes and czars were nursed in this cradle. It was thought that the rulers of Crimea would receive some of the power and divinity of the Emperor Andronicus-Christ [ХР], ch.5.

The stories of a Holy Golden Cradle were preserved by the Crimean Karaites. Here it is said directly, that the Savior of the world would grow up in it. Meaning Christ. Most likely, at first not the future, but the past was meant: in this cradle the Savior of the world (Jesus) GREW UP. Then He will appear again during the Last Judgment. The Karaites' legend clearly claims that the Holy Cradle was kept in Crimea and was hidden in the mountain, in its depths, i.e. in a cave. It perfectly corresponds with the fact the Andronicus-Christ was born in the cape Fiolent, in Crimea. Furthermore, Christ was born in a cave. Consequently at first his cradle was also in a cave. Later on as time went by it could have been hidden in a cave once again, as an object that acquired holy status.

There prevails a variety of opinions in the question of where exactly in Crimea the Golden Cradle was hidden. Around a dozen of places of the probable location of the Golden Cradle are known: Kaplu-Kaya, Basman Caves, Cross Mountain (Krestovaya Gora) on the South shore, Beshik-Tau (Mountain) near the cave town of Chufut-Kale … Thus everybody pointed to the Southern Crimea, but the exact place was forgotten [ХР],
ch.5.

We have discovered the place of death and first burial site of Mary Mother of God. It is the famous ancient town of Chufut-Kale in Crimea, not far from Bakhchisaray. Moreover, the earlier correlation between Virgin Mary and the Empress Phaustina discovered by us, has immediately allowed us to identify the place of her death and burial. You will recall that Bakhchisaray is the 'Mongol' capital in Crimean Kanate.

Chufut-Kale is a Crimean cave town. It is closely associated with Virgin Mary. Here are situated the Valley of Mary, City of Mary, Christian necropolis and the remains of a Christian temple. The famous Assumption Monastery is situated near Chufut-Kale. The appearance of the 'live icon' of the Virgin Mary near Chufut-Kale is very well-known, in honour of which the Assumption Monastery was founded. The 'live icon' of the Mother of God is possibly a reminiscence of a personal appearance in Chufut-Kale of Mary Mother of God herself. According to Life of Mary the Mother God, she was buried in the cave. The Assumption Monastery in Chufut-Kale is indeed a cave-monastery.

There are several Assumption Monasteries in Russia. They are dedicated to the Assumption of Mary the Mother of God. But the most famous of them, steeped in numerous legends, is unquestionably the Crimean Assumption Monastery. It is situated in direct proximity to Chufut-Kale. For hundreds of years thousands of pilgrims from different countries have been coming here. As commentators observe, millions of feet have walked the road to the Assumption Monastery [164], p.5-6. It's all true. As Virgin Mary passed away, we now understand, in Chufut-Kale, it is exactly here where the most cherished main Assumption Monastery should have appeared. And so it did.

Furthermore, the well-known Golden-Horde (Tatar) story of the Queen Dzanike-Khanym is a story of the life, death and Ascension of the Virgin Mary in Chufut-Kale. Today Queen Dzanike-Khanym is ascribed to the XIV-XV cc. The historians are mistaken. Later authors were confusing the events of the end of the XII century and the end of the XIII century. That is the Church of Christ and the epoch of Constantine the Great.

A remarkable fact stands out, that throughout the centuries The Russian Emperors and the members of their families came to Chufut-Kale, to the Assumption Monastery and Bakhchisaray to worship. Foreign rulers also visited. Now we understand why. The august persons would come here in order to pay reverence to the places, where Mary the Mother of God had lived and died. Of course over time the heart of the matter was forgotten. However a longstanding tradition to visit these holy places remained unchanged. The people of the XVIII-XIX cc. had already forgotten the root of this tradition, but they unswervingly obeyed the ancient custom.

Please note, that none of the Russian crown bearers travelled to Palestinian Jerusalem to worship. They probably well understood that there is nothing to worship there. Most likely they still remembered that not so long ago a shameless modern replica was fabricated there (on the initiative of, among others, the first Romanovs). But they constantly travelled to the ancient Chufut-Kale. The flow of the visitors of the highest rank, including the emperors and empresses, didn't wane until the beginning of the XX century. After the 1917 revolution the legendary holy places of Crimea suffered a long period of oblivion. The memory of The Mother of God spending her last days here practically vanished. And only now, relying on the New Chronology we are reviving this remarkable historical information. Hence the role of significant sites in Chufut-Kale and its surroundings multiplies endlessly.

The famous 'ancient' story of Orestes and Iphigenia is another Act of Christ and The Mother of God. The old sources tell us about Iphigenia's (i.e. Virgin Mary's) stay in Tavrida = Crimea. Flight of Iphigenia, Orestes and Pylades is The Flight of the Holy Family into Egypt. In Crimea a special adoration of The Virgin Mary was spread. In fact it becomes clear why the Church of the Virgin Mary at Ayu-Dag Mountain was situated on the cape which was called PARTENIT. The simple reason was that Virgin Mary was called PARTHENOS, meaning Virgin. 'Ancient' names still point directly to the fact, that it was A Virgin, i.e. Virgin Mary, who the Crimean Tauroscythians worshiped.

Incidentally, the phrase 'Greek faith' earlier used to mean 'Christian faith', and the CHRISTIANS were once called GREEK (GREEK was used for CHRISTIANS).

At the end of the XVIII century Romanov with the support of the Western European military forces was able to defeat both the troops of Tartaria Moscovite (the war with 'Pugachev') and the Crimean Khanate. As we show in [4v1], ch.10:4, after invading Crimea the Romanovs carried out a real pogrom, destroying the rich legacy of Russia-Horde. It is especially vivid in the example of the Assumption Monastery. The monks were evicted, a long 'quarantine' was laid on the monastery, the monastery's library was relocated somewhere and its fate is unknown.

The Khan palace in Bakhchisaray was destroyed. Little was left from its original look and décor [ХР], ch.4. It seems likely that the Romanovs were finishing in Crimea the last remains of the Horde in the South. Besides, there were probably apprehensive of documents and books which were kept there, coming to light, which gave an account of the history of Russia and Crimea of the XV and the XVII cc.; historical accounts which were at great variance to the Romanov historians' enthusiastic versions.

The Romanovs' incredible campaign of wiping out any historical memory gives food for serious thought. In the centre of Russia they destroy documents and chronicles and efface frescos in the central cathedrals of Russia. [4v]. In the remote regions of the Empire they simply banish from the homes those, who could still tell the truth about the former life and history of Russia-Horde. Needless to say there are no traces of the old frescos, inscriptions or paintings left in the Assumption Monastery. The destruction has been wholesale and thorough.

The town of Chufut-Kale was earlier called THE JEWELLED FORTRESS. Chufut-Kale enchanted many travellers. Evliya Chelebi wrote: 'IN THOSE TIMES ALL THE PORTALS, WALLS AND GATES WERE DECORATED WITH PRECIOUS STONES' [164], p.6.

Maybe he is referring to opulent mosaics. But it's quite possible, that something more luxuriant was meant here. As we now understand, that it was Chufut-Kale where Mary the Mother of God had died. Numerous pilgrims could have brought here generous offerings in the form of precious stones. They could have also decorated some of the buildings in Chufut-Kale, which would still cherish the memory of Mary. As it was a holy and sacred place the treasures could have been displayed not only inside the temples, but also on the outer walls. It is probable, that the pilgrims hung the decorations devoted to the Virgin Mary straight onto the railing of the mausoleum or the church dedicated to her. The Roman historian Iulius Capitolinus reports that in a settlement of Galal (i.e. Kale= Chufut-Kale) there was erected a temple dedicated to the Empress Faustina (aka Mary The Mother of God), who had died there. It's not difficult to imagine that not only the inside of the church, but also the walls surrounding it, could have been decorated with the luxurious gifts bestowed by the faithful. In that epoch no one would have touched them, the people regarded The Mother of God with such reverence.

But with time the tradition of bringing precious things here was forgotten. The memory of the first ceremonies and customs of the XIII century became a thing in the past. Bloody wars and pogroms tore through Crimea. Many things were eviscerated.

The well-known Iosafatova valley near Chufut-Kale well corresponds the Biblical tradition. There are: a valley with an old name 'Iosafatova valley', a famous old cemetery steeped in adoration for many centuries. The historians themselves mention the 'Biblical appearance' of the necropolis. It is fascinating that burials in the Iosafatova valley began since XIII century. It is all correct. The relatives of Andronicus-Christ died in the beginning of XIII century. Virgin Mary came to Crimea and died at the end of XII – beginning of the XIII cc. Exactly at this moment a cemetery appeared and began to expand in the 'Iosafatova valley' near Chufut-Kale. So it is for a reason that in Life of Mary Mother of God it is said that Mary was buried near the Iosafatova valley. As we have shown, Mary Mother of God was indeed buried either on the territory of Chufut-Kale or in the cave church of the Assumption Monastery, i.e. in close proximity to the in the Iosafatova valley ch.4.

12. THE HOLY GRAIL – IS THE GOLDEN CRADLE OF CHRIST.

The legend of the Holy Grail is widely known. In the Scaligerian history its essence is obscured. It is not known what the Grail actually is. Allegedly it is a cup into which Joseph of Arimathea collected Jesus' blood during His crucifixion. At the same time it is considered that the Holy Grail is related to the Last Supper and is linked with the communion cup in which wine symbolizes Christ's blood. The Western sources get confused about the location of the Holy Grail. They position it sometimes in France, in Britain and sometimes in the East. The Modern Christian Church doesn't officially speak out on the subject of what is the Holy Grail exactly. The legends of the Holy Grail appear both in the West and in the East starting with the XII-XIII cc. The aforementioned hazy interpretations of the Holy Grail most likely appeared quite late, not earlier than XV-XVI cc. The true story is forgotten and replaced with vague theories and philosophical speculations.

Presumably The Golden Cradle of Christ is in fact The Holy Grail. We have discovered that the later chroniclers would sometimes mix up Christ's Nativity with the crucifixion. In some legends [ХР], ch.5, the Infant Jesus is killed with a small spear, by piercing His body. Evidently this is a mix up of the caesarean section with Jesus' execution. Christ was born as the result of a medical procedure: the Virgin Mary was given a small incision with a knife ('a small spear') in her body and the Baby was delivered. During the crucifixion Christ suffered the blow of a spear in His side. These two events have intertwined. In both cases blood was flowing. It could have (both factually and symbolically) coloured Christ's cradle and His body during the crucifixion (and at his birth). That is why they starting saying later that several drops of Christ's blood got into the Holy Grail. The same cup started to be called Joseph of Arimathea's sacred cup. So the commentators quite rightfully note that in some ancient texts the Infant Jesus and crucified Christ become victims. In other words the act of birth and the act of death become identified with each other. The cradle coloured with Christ's blood is on the whole the same thing as the Cup containing His blood. Christ was lying in the Cradle; His blood was in the Cup (Grail).

So, Christ's Cradle was situated in Crimea which has become a holy relic which received the following names 'the Golden Cradle' and 'The Golden Holy Grail'. For some time people knew where it was situated. Then the memory of it began to fade. But the tradition of connecting the Grail with Crimea lived on and had longevity. Consequently at some point the search for Grail was to start exactly here. And so it did. In [ХР], ch.5, we tell about numerous attempts to find the Holy Grail in Crimea, which were undertaken in the XX century, as an example. Not only Russian archaeologists and enthusiasts were looking for it, but also many Western Europeans. This once again emphasizes a wide spreading of the information about the Golden Cradle.

It becomes clear why Mary Mother of God at the end of Her life came exactly to Southern Crimea. For some time She lived either in Chufut-Kale or somewhere near it. The choice of the place was not random and was a very natural one as on the Fiolent Cape not that far from Bakhchisaray and Chufut-Kale Mary gave birth to Andronicus-Christ. Therefore in the end She returned to the birthplace of Her famous son, and lived here until Her death. When a person specifically choses a place as their final resting place, such a choice is not usually a random one.
13. TO CONCLUDE: CAPE FIOLENT IS THE BIRTHPLACE OF CHRIST, MOUNTAIN BEYKOZ IS THE PLACE OF HIS CRUCIFIXION, CHUFUT-KALE IS THE PLACE OF DEATH AND FIRST BURIAL OF MARY MOTHER OF GOD.

To conclude, we were able to discover three geographical points, where the important events of the XII century took place. In the XIX –XX cc. nobody anymore made a direct connection between the places identified by us and the story of Andronicus-Christ and Mary Mother of God (this connection was forgotten in the epoch of the XVII-XVIII cc.)

1) Andronicus-Christ was born in the Cape Fiolent in Crimea, circa 1152.
2) He was crucified on Beykoz Mountain = Golgotha in 1185, on the Asian shore of the Bosphorus. Nearby are situated ruins of the original, i.e. Biblical Jerusalem, which was also called Yoros. On the shore of the strait, slightly to the south, is situated modern Istanbul.

3) The Virgin Mary, Mother of Christ for some time lived and then died and was buried in Crimea in the cave town of Chufut-Kale. These events took place at the end of the XII century.

In the XII-XIII cc. all three places enjoyed great respect. Here numerous pilgrims used to arrive. It was the time of Royal Christianity. Christ was worshiped and was called Zeus, Dionysus, Apollo, etc. Mary Mother of God was also referred to by different 'ancient' names. In Jerusalem = Czar-Grad, in Beykoz-Golgotha and also in Crimea the 'ancient' temples and shrines dedicated to Andronicus–Christ were erected. Bloody sacrifices would take place there, among them, quite possibly, human ones. Such was the character of Royal Christianity of that time. After the victory of the Apostles' Christianity, Royal Christianity began to be called the primal Judaism and 'paganism'.

At the end of the XIV century after the Battle of Kulikovo, in the Great = 'Mongol' Empire the Apostles' Christianity was adopted as the state religion. The bloody sacrifices were banned. From the end of the XIV century Royal Christianity was declared as 'paganism' (primal Judaism), that is to say 'a false cult'. Hostility to it began, which also affected the attitude to the former relics. The places of worship themselves were preserved because they were Christian. But terminology, ritualism and many other things which create the 'external appearance', as well as the form of customs, changed. As before the faithful would arrive to visit the Holy places, however by then they would generally be the Apostles' Christians. The former 'pagan' past of the relics had begun to be forgotten and turned into a well-respected, but none the less 'someone else's' past', 'antiquity'. The new priests would slightly change the old names, which would compound the confusion in people's minds. Eventually the Christians were made to think that Zeus, Apollo, Dionysus were some ancient deities and that the deep past of Beykoz, Chufut-Kale and Fiolent was by no means Christian, but in fact, 'pagan'.

A particularly severe distortion was created in the XVI-XVIII cc., when the false Scaligerian history was invented and implanted by force. It confused the picture even more. While combatting the memory of the Great Empire, they did their best to consign to oblivion the former 'Mongol' relics, including the older places of worship. To a large extent it was successful. However, 'success of the reformers' was far from complete. As not so long ago, in the XVII-XVIII cc. many could still remember the true history. Of course the younger upcoming generations were soon re-educated, however, a firm tradition had already been developed and established. That is why until now many come to Beykoz Mountain, Cape Fiolent and the City of Chufut-Kale to worship, though not longer fully aware of the true meaning of these holy places.

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:22 am

And did this forgery and re-writing of history extend to India, China and Japan? For example, they each have their own historic accounts of the Mongol invasions (and there was more than one). The Islamic world has its own histories too.

How does he account for the changes in language? For example Greek and Latin changed over time. The Greek of Plato is different from the Greek of the Neo-Platonists which different from that of mediaeval Byzantium. The Latin of Julius Caeser is different from that of later writers, which is different from Church Latin.

How does he account for things such as the Amarna correspondence; king lists and other contiguous listings? Were all these forged?

Just how many people were in involved in this conspiracy; how come not one of them ever broke ranks and spilled the beans; what was the point of it all?

People like Fomenko are all the same. They cobble together a story based on truths, half-truths and fiction and attempt to palm it off on the gullible and ignorant.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:36 am

I'm always fascinated by the reaction to Fomenko, and the concept that recorded history is mostly fabricated. I recommend that people actually read the first book before they make up their mind. As I said in one of the posts above, the first two books are available to read in full.

The links are right there, waiting for people to read them. Just scroll up the page. HA!

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:26 pm

allynh wrote:I'm always fascinated by the reaction to Fomenko, and the concept that recorded history is mostly fabricated. I recommend that people actually read the first book before they make up their mind. As I said in one of the posts above, the first two books are available to read in full.

The links are right there, waiting for people to read them. Just scroll up the page. HA!
I have had a read of his books via the links above and I have also had a read of some of his critics. I have also read literally thousands of history books from various centuries and various countries and cultures. Fomenko is not a historian and his books are not history.

If you think that some or all of his chronology is right then post your views and we can discuss it.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:01 pm

If you think that some or all of his chronology is right then post your views and we can discuss it.

I already did. Anything I might say is in the Fomenko books linked above. I have nothing to add.

This is why I'm fascinated by people's reactions to Fomenko. They instantly demand to discuss what has been clearly stated in the books(BTW, he does make his case), and any argument always devolves into my favorite Monty Python sketch.

Argument Clinic - Monty Python's The Flying Circus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Grey Cloud

Unread post by Grey Cloud » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:03 pm

allynh wrote:If you think that some or all of his chronology is right then post your views and we can discuss it.

I already did. Anything I might say is in the Fomenko books linked above. I have nothing to add.

This is why I'm fascinated by people's reactions to Fomenko. They instantly demand to discuss what has been clearly stated in the books(BTW, he does make his case), and any argument always devolves into my favorite Monty Python sketch.

Argument Clinic - Monty Python's The Flying Circus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
That is a ridiculous stance. You appear to have no view of your own but are accepting Fomenko's rubbish without any knowledge of the subject involved.
You have read more of him than me so tell me how much space does he devote to non-Euuropean history and histories; how many of his sources are from historians you have heard of.
Fomenko's whole premise is based on a string straw man arguements,e.g. that Scalinger re-wrote history. Have you any idea of who Scalinger was and what he wrote. Do you think that no historian, classicist, archaeologist or scholar of any other stripe from any one of umpteen countries for almost three hundred years has not had the wit or the courage to challenge or deviate from what Scalinger set down?

To paraphrase Monty Python: 'you are not a historian. just a very silly boy'.
The great Way is simple
Tao Te Ching, 53.