Most Thorough Model

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

CharlesChandler

Re: Most Thorough Model

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:33 am

Lloyd wrote:Is outgassing by a planetoid likely the source of its atmosphere?
The atmosphere could have simply been left over from the stellar phase. Also, at least some of it could have been scavenged from the solar wind.
Lloyd wrote:What would cause the outgassing?
I don't know. We know that magma can contain lighter elements, which sometimes come out of solution explosively when the magma reaches the surface, and the pressure that was keeping everything liquid is removed. In other words, explosive eruptions are sometimes the consequence just of steam pressure getting released. So why didn't the water just bubble up through the magma? The answer is that the magma is too thick for buoyancy to drive mass separation. And deeper inside the Earth, the magma is thicker still. So I don't go with the conventional concept of outgassing, as just buoyancy.
Lloyd wrote:Would you agree that Earth and Mars must have lost a lot of their atmospheres, since the megafauna and megaflora on Earth needed thicker air; and Mars, as you said, likely had torrential rains, which filled an ocean, when the air was thicker there, I presume?
Yes.
Lloyd wrote:Aren't the existing atmospheres then likely an indication that Venus, Mars and Earth were also satellites of Saturn, like Titan still is?
I don't see the correlation. Saturn certainly still has a lot of atmosphere. I agree that Mars and Earth used to have a lot more than they have now. But that doesn't necessitate that the rocky planets were once satellites of Saturn.
Lloyd wrote:When you say weakening electric forces in the past would have allowed Earth to expand, how much expansion and what electric forces are you talking about? Do you mean the electric forces between the Double Layers in the Earth?
Yes -- there is a force feedback loop that starts with momentum (from the planet-forming implosion) and gravitational loading, and includes electron degeneracy pressure. The result is current-free double-layers, and the electric force between them binds them together. Relax the gravitational loading and the whole force feedback loop relaxes, including a reduction in the electric force that is pulling the layers together. But I truly have no idea how much expansion could have occurred.
Lloyd wrote:Do you think the impact that gave Earth its supercontinent would have weakened the DL electric forces?
I don't know -- I don't see why it would.
Lloyd wrote:...can you think of anything that could very plausibly have caused those planetoids to separate from the Saturn system and move to their present orbits?
Such planets "could have been" captured from the interstellar space, but then they'd be in highly elliptical orbits. To achieve a more circular orbit, there would have to be a near perfect collision, to alter the momentum. For this to happen to one of them would be a very, very rare occurrence, but hey, the Universe is a big place, so there's room for rare occurrences somewhere in there. For this to happen to two planets would be a near impossibility, statistically speaking. For this to happen to all of them would require unknown forces.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a small boat, drinking beer and telling dirty jokes.

Volcanoes
Astrophysics wants its physics back.
The Electromagnetic Nature of Tornadic Supercell Thunderstorms

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:12 pm

CC said re: Is outgassing by a planetoid likely the source of its atmosphere?
The atmosphere could have simply been left over from the stellar phase. Also, at least some of it could have been scavenged from the solar wind.
I thought you said planetoids as small as the Moon and smaller could have accreted in the electric GMC implosion. If so, most such planetoids would not have had a stellar phase. Right? Looks to me like a stellar atmosphere or stellar wind would only leave hydrogen. Surely our nitrogen and oxygen would have outgassed, somewhat like the way methane outgasses from the seafloor. The gas giants have methane, ammonia etc and Venus and Mars have CO2. Those elements are called volatiles, I think because they're considered to have a strong tendency to move out of rock into the gaseous state.

Do you deny that it's possible for planets to move linearly through space like the SL9 comet fragments moved linearly through space? If so, why?

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:29 am

Lloyd wrote:I thought you said planetoids as small as the Moon and smaller could have accreted in the electric GMC implosion. If so, most such planetoids would not have had a stellar phase.
No, they all would have had a stellar phase. In fact, in a sense, they're still in it, if you consider a dark brown dwarf or a black dwarf to still be a star. So what I meant by "stellar phase" was when it had active discharges visible at the surface. The Earth still discharges continuously, and like the other planets, its internal heat sources keep it hotter than it would have a right just from solar radiation. But the discharges are under the crust, in the Moho, and thus do not produce any radiation directly -- only the infrared radiation from the heat so produced is visible from space. So we call the Earth a planet and not a star. Anyway, the Earth would have been much larger, perhaps a gas giant, early in its life, while all that we have left is the heavy-element core of the star, and a little bit of the atmosphere. Hence the nitrogen and oxygen didn't necessarily come out of the rocky interior -- they might have been there the whole time.
Lloyd wrote:Looks to me like a stellar atmosphere or stellar wind would only leave hydrogen.
92 different elements have been detected on the surface of the Sun, with most of it being hydrogen and helium, but with traces of just about everything else. I believe that deeper inside the Sun, the ratio of heavy-to-light elements gets greater. So if the Sun could no longer hold onto its hydrogen/helium outer atmosphere, it would reveal the next deeper layer, which is carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, etc.
Lloyd wrote:Do you deny that it's possible for planets to move linearly through space like the SL9 comet fragments moved linearly through space? If so, why?
The planets could have moved through interstellar space, and they could have been captured by the Sun. If they were in highly elliptical orbits, that would answer all of the questions. But to be in nearly circular orbits, force would have to be applied, to alter the momentum. This force could not have been delivered instantaneously, in a collision, because that would have blown the planet apart. So it had to be a powerful force, acting over a long period of time. (That would seem to rule out the possibility of all of this happening very recently.) So what is that force, that could alter a highly elliptical orbit into a nearly circular one? Was it a force that is no longer being exerted, and thus it doesn't show up on any instrument? Or was it some other kind of force that hasn't been discovered yet? All that I'm saying here is that there are a lot of unknowns.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of the day sitting in a small boat, drinking beer and telling dirty jokes.

Volcanoes

Morecool

Unread post by Morecool » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:50 am

Lloyd wrote:Earth Expansion Limits

Sparky, any Earth expansion would surely have been very limited, like the limited expansion involved when water freezes into ice. If the Earth expanded under the supercontinent, the expansion wouldn't tend to pull the supercontinent apart and push the pieces (continents) apart much. It would be like if there were a board in an empty pond and it were filled with water from a nozzle under the board. As the water level rises, the water would push the board upward, but it wouldn't pull the board into pieces. There would be very weak horizontal forces. The strong forces would be vertical.
I do believe that the expanding earth theory is correct. No one seems to take into account all the energy from space that the magnetosphere absorbs. Where is that energy going? What happens to it?

I think that this energy is constantly transformed into new matter. That the rate of transformation varies according to the variations in space energy received.

I think the basic nature of Magnetism is misunderstood.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:57 am

Crowded Star Systems? Charles, how could the solar system have been filled with hundreds or thousands of stars that mostly decayed into planetoids? Where's evidence that there are any star systems with so many stars in such close proximity to each other?

Planetoid Formation? Why could the planetoids not have formed directly in the electric accretion process? It looks to me like the size of each accreting body would depend on how much matter was available in a part of the GMC. Since filaments tend to form, could not elongated strings of planetoids and some stars form from imploding filaments?

Saturn System? Could not the Saturn system, including Venus, Mars, Earth, the Moon etc, have formed from an imploding filament, and moved in a straight line, one behind another, toward the solar system, like the SL9 fragments moved in a straight line toward Jupiter?

Circularized Orbits? Could not the Saturn system have been on a slowly decaying spiraling orbit around the Sun, till the system approached the orbit of Saturn at nearly a circular orbit? And could not the 4 bodies have peeled off one by one, starting with Earth and Moon, then Mars and then Venus? Could not the 4 have had their orbits circularized within 1,000 years, which is about the length of time of the ice age after the Great Flood and the Shock Dynamics event? Wouldn't electric forces behind Bode's Law have helped circularize the orbits? Wouldn't space debris and the solar wind have helped circularize the orbits as well?

Saturn's period is 30 years. Decaying orbits of the 4 other bodies would have had shorter periods than that. If Jupiter was in its present orbit, they would have possibly encountered Jupiter after a few decades or centuries, which could have pushed them into inner orbits. Then Mars would have settled into its present orbit, followed by Earth and Moon, then Venus. What's implausible there? And why are you so dismissive of the EU team's findings about ancient myths, which suggest such a scenario?

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Lloyd wrote:Crowded Star Systems? Charles, how could the solar system have been filled with hundreds or thousands of stars that mostly decayed into planetoids? Where's evidence that there are any star systems with so many stars in such close proximity to each other?
An implosion of a perfectly homogeneous dusty plasma would have produced one star, and no planets. But irregularities in the plasma would have resulted in multiple centroids, which could have formed multiple stars. How many stars could form this way? I dunno. We know of plenty of binary and even trinary stellar systems. The fact that we don't know of systems with higher numbers of stars isn't terribly surprising -- if every planet in our solar system was a star, it would still look like just a point source to our nearest stellar neighbor. So it's possible that systems with dozens of stars have formed out of the same imploding dusty plasma -- we just don't have telescopes that can resolve such systems. I don't know about hundreds of stars though. Maybe there's a limit to the number of stars that could be packed into something the size of our solar system.
Lloyd wrote:Circularized Orbits? Could not the Saturn system have been on a slowly decaying spiraling orbit around the Sun, till the system approached the orbit of Saturn at nearly a circular orbit? And could not the 4 bodies have peeled off one by one, starting with Earth and Moon, then Mars and then Venus? Could not the 4 have had their orbits circularized within 1,000 years, which is about the length of time of the ice age after the Great Flood and the Shock Dynamics event? Wouldn't electric forces behind Bode's Law have helped circularize the orbits? Wouldn't space debris and the solar wind have helped circularize the orbits as well?
I'm brewing an idea about Bode's Law that might help here, because I do think that there is a force that coerces planets into circular orbits. I don't know if it would do the job on your time-frame, but then again, I'm not even sure that it's real -- it's just an idea. ;) Anyway, my calculations with dusty plasmas showed that charged particles with atmospheres actually repel each other, since the bodies are negatively charged, and the atmospheres are positively charged, and this means that the nearest aspects of two bodies will be the positively charged atmospheres, which repel each other. (The atmospheres have to be stripped off to get a net attraction.) So perhaps the planets repel each other, meaning that you'll get a finite number of them in any given space. So how does that account for Bode's Law? Well, in the inner solar system, the Sun's gravity is a bigger factor, so the electrostatic repulsion has less of an effect relative to gravity, and there can be more planets packed into a tighter space. Further away from the Sun, gravity is less of a factor, so electrostatics becomes more influential, and you'll get fewer planets per volume. And at what rate does the Sun's gravity fall off? That would be the inverse of the square of the radius. And at what rate do the orbits increase in Bode's Law? That's a doubling function, so it's a logarithmic increase, just as you get a logarithmic decrease in gravity. I haven't run the numbers, but there is at least a possibility that the balance between gravity and electrostatics defines the number of planets allowed in any given volume. (Does that make sense?)

Anyway, with that as the forcing mechanism, you'll get the fixed distribution that we see now. And it wouldn't matter whether than star/planets all formed at the same time, from the same imploding dusty plasma, or some were captured after the fact -- you get a certain number of slots to fill. So that does leave open the possibility that one or more planets were captured, and that their highly elliptical orbits were coerced into circular orbits by a "mystery force" that might turn out to be electrostatic repulsion between planets.

Still, I'm having a hard time believing that it could have happened in just decades or centuries. I think that all of the planets achieved their present orbits before Theia impacted with Ceres, creating the asteroid belt, and setting the stage for the Late Heavy Bombardment, before going on to impact the Earth. Those events were definitely not within human memory, nor any other life form on Earth, because nothing survived.
Lloyd wrote:And why are you so dismissive of the EU team's findings about ancient myths, which suggest such a scenario?
As I've said before, I agree that the ancient myths are evidence that something happened. I'm just not sure that they have the right event. I like the Younger Dryas Impact Hypothesis, for something that happened within human memory, that humans could have survived.

Volcanoes

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:19 pm

CC wrote:
Lloyd wrote:Crowded Star Systems? Charles, how could the solar system have been filled with hundreds or thousands of stars that mostly decayed into planetoids? Where's evidence that there are any star systems with so many stars in such close proximity to each other?
The fact that we don't know of systems with higher numbers of stars isn't terribly surprising -- if every planet in our solar system was a star, it would still look like just a point source to our nearest stellar neighbor. So it's possible that systems with dozens of stars have formed out of the same imploding dusty plasma -- we just don't have telescopes that can resolve such systems.I don't know about hundreds of stars though.
No, that is not correct, a star system composed of 20 or 30 stars all contained in the volume of a sphere with a radius comparable to Pluto's distance would be easily detected. Visual/telescopic identification is only one of several techniques used to detect multiple star systems, in fact most known multiple star systems were discovered through non visual methods. There is no known example of stars grouped in this manner, maybe one or two companions in close proximity but more than that requires a big stretch. It becomes especially problematic for your theory, as exoplanet studies seem to indicate that stars with planets seem to be quite common. Even near the center of the galaxy or a globular cluster, such a configuration of stars seems highly unlikely.

Anyway, if Jupiter and it's moons, Saturn and it's moons, Uranus and it's moons, Neptune and it's moons, Venus, Mercury, Earth, Moon, Mars, and maybe a few asteroids were all stars they would have shined as stars at different periods with perhaps millions of years separating their reigns (as suns). How did they get to orbit the youngest (the Sun) member of the group? Which probably had not even formed when any of the planets were stars.

And then there is the problem of gas giants and their satellites. Now you have several multiple star systems in an even more confined volume of space.

Maybe you better go with Jeffrey's explanation....capture. But that seems slightly ad hoc. Sure capture is a real phenomenon but using it to explain the present order of the solar system seems to require an unrealistic length of time. And remember the central object doing the capturing is the youngest member of the system, being that it is less "evolved" then old stars like the Earth. But then according to what you wrote previously this should require elliptical orbits and not necessarily in the plane of the ecliptic. Why are the planets and most objects in the solar system in the plane of the ecliptic?

I voiced this objection (crowded star systems and lots of them) in one of the early pages of the Stellar Metamorphosis thread as I feel that it is a deal killer for the hypothesis.

Aardwolf

Unread post by Aardwolf » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:21 pm

CharlesChandler wrote:Maybe there's a limit to the number of stars that could be packed into something the size of our solar system.
There certainly is, and I would say it's roughly 1.

It should be obvious to anyone applying critical thought to it. Say for example we place a Sol type star at Pluto's orbit. Consider where that places the solar systems barycentre. All the 2 million or so large objects in our solar system now have a new focal point and it wouldn't be pretty. Consider that you add another star in this system. Total unstable chaos.

If you want a fairly ordered solar system orbiting on a fairly uniform plane 1 star is the maximum.

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:50 am

nick c wrote:...a star system composed of 20 or 30 stars all contained in the volume of a sphere with a radius comparable to Pluto's distance would be easily detected. Visual/telescopic identification is only one of several techniques used to detect multiple star systems, in fact most known multiple star systems were discovered through non visual methods.
Let's have a look at that -- if it bears out, it definitely spells trouble for the "stellar cluster" concept, but I'm not sure that the data can definitively rule out stellar clusters with 20~30 members.

In optical binaries, the stars are far enough apart that they can be resolved by telescopes, but they have to be very far apart, with orbital periods of decades or centuries. Jupiter's orbital period is 12 years, making it relatively close to its companion (i.e., the Sun) and difficult to resolve optically from a distance. So consider Betelgeuse, whose radius is greater than the orbit of Jupiter -- are we really sure that all of its light is coming from "one star" and not a cluster? Another method of detecting binaries is with Doppler shifts, where one component of the spectrum gets blue-shifted when a companion is coming toward us, and red-shifted when it is moving away. Detecting such binaries requires that they be extremely close to each other and extremely massive, such that the orbital period is extremely small, producing the extreme velocities necessary for detectable Doppler shifts. None of the planets in our solar system have the required velocities. Another method is observing gravitational wobbles, by which the presence of a dead companion can be inferred. But that requires that the extinct star be massive enough to cause a wobble big enough to be detected in the period of time since we've been making high-precision measurements. And it's an odd configuration, in which the more massive companion has already burned out. In the case of the Sun versus Jupiter, the primary star is still burning, and the companion does generate a gravitational wobble on the primary, where the Sun moves a distance greater than its own diameter through the cycle, but that's a small wobble when viewed from Betelgeuse.

My take is that such methods can, in some cases, reveal that something that was previously considered to be a point source is actually a binary (or trinary, etc.), but if none of these methods can resolve companions, it doesn't prove that there is just one star.

Also, we have to test Stellar Metamorphosis with its own definitions, not with somebody else's. If you acknowledge that half of the stars in the Universe have been shown to have more than one point source, and that some trinary systems have been detected, but very few systems with more than three stars have been detected, while far more systems have been shown to host exoplanets, whose definition of "planet" are you using? You might be assuming the conclusion. If the definition of a planet is that it is something that inexplicably produces more heat than it receives from its nearby star, StelMeta calls it a dark brown dwarf star, and we already have plenty of evidence in hand for stellar clusters with more than 3 components.

And we should also acknowledge that IF the planets in our solar system were once more active, they didn't last long. Jupiter, with less than 1% of the Sun's mass, perhaps burned out 100 times faster. So if we're looking for similar systems elsewhere, we need to look for systems that are very early in their development -- after the star-forming implosion, and before the smaller components burned out, where the components were far enough apart to be resolved optically, or rotating fast enough to be identified with Doppler shifts, or massive enough to be detected by gravitational wobbles, and close enough to us for high-precision measurements.

My conclusion is that it isn't time to start ruling out possibilities.
nick c wrote:Anyway, if Jupiter and it's moons, Saturn and it's moons, Uranus and it's moons, Neptune and it's moons, Venus, Mercury, Earth, Moon, Mars, and maybe a few asteroids were all stars they would have shined as stars at different periods with perhaps millions of years separating their reigns (as suns). How did they get to orbit the youngest (the Sun) member of the group? Which probably had not even formed when any of the planets were stars.
I "think" that Jeffrey & I disagree on this -- I'm saying that everything in our solar system formed at the same time, from the same imploding dusty plasma, and that the smaller companions burned out faster. I "think" that Jeffrey has different components forming at different times, so stars might have more-or-less the same lifespan, and young ones are still burning, while old ones have already burned out, and are now dark brown dwarfs. But this begs questions concerning the forces necessary for star formation. In my model, it takes a lot of extra energy, stored in the momentum of the imploding dusty plasma, to fuse the matter into a star. So stars don't slowly accrete matter until they reach the critical threshold for ignition -- the matter has to be slammed together with a lot of force, and that would have happened only once for any given system.
nick c wrote:Maybe you better go with Jeffrey's explanation....capture. But that seems slightly ad hoc. Sure capture is a real phenomenon but using it to explain the present order of the solar system seems to require an unrealistic length of time.
I agree, and that, along with your comment about the ecliptic plane, are problematic for the Saturnian Theory as well. So while I allow the possibility of capture, I favor the single implosion concept.
Aardwolf wrote:
CharlesChandler wrote:Maybe there's a limit to the number of stars that could be packed into something the size of our solar system.
There certainly is, and I would say it's roughly 1.
More than half of the known stars have binary companions. Nobody told them that we prefer fairly ordered stellar systems.

Volcanoes

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:31 am

CC wrote:My take is that such methods can, in some cases, reveal that something that was previously considered to be a point source is actually a binary (or trinary, etc.)....
That is true
... but if none of these methods can resolve companions, it doesn't prove that there is just one star.
Most stars appear to have a companion or two. Some systems are multiple and some are yet to be resolved (visually or non visually). However, it is quite a large leap to go from one or two undetected companion stars to placing 20 or 30 stars in a sphere with a radius of 40 AU. Given current techniques any such configuration would be easily detected if it were anywhere in our galactic neighborhood (and our neighborhood encompasses hundreds if not thousands of stars).
So consider Betelgeuse, whose radius is greater than the orbit of Jupiter -- are we really sure that all of its light is coming from "one star" and not a cluster?
Yes we are sure that it is not coming from a confined cluster. There could be an unseen companion or two, but a cluster...no. Betelgeuse has been resolved as a disc.
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap090805.html

I agree, and that, along with your comment about the ecliptic plane, are problematic for the Saturnian Theory as well. So while I allow the possibility of capture, I favor the single implosion concept.
I do not think that it is problematic for Saturn theory. It is only problematic for those that limit themselves to Newtonian dynamics. There is no reason why the planets should be in the same plane when one is only considering Newton. But why would anyone assume that Newtonian dynamics are the sole force governing the solar system? A pure Newtonian system has been shown to eventually become chaotic, due to accumulated perturbations with more than three bodies. The assumption that Newtonian dynamics describes a perpetual clockwork system is unfounded. Obviously there are EM forces at work which are presently not totally understood.

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:04 am

nick c wrote:However, it is quite a large leap to go from one or two undetected companion stars to placing 20 or 30 stars in a sphere with a radius of 40 AU. Given current techniques any such configuration would be easily detected if it were anywhere in our galactic neighborhood (and our neighborhood encompasses hundreds if not thousands of stars).
By what current techniques would a tight cluster of 30 stars necessarily be detectable?
nick c wrote:There could be an unseen companion or two, but a cluster...no. Betelgeuse has been resolved as a disc.
Well of course -- all stars, including binaries & trinaries, started out looking like point sources -- until the resolution was improved, and then the discrete components could be identified. So just because it looks like a disc doesn't mean that it IS one -- it just means that at that resolution, nothing smaller can be resolved.

Volcanoes

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:36 pm

If Betelgeuse is resolvable into a disc and you claim that disc may be a composite of a multitude of stars; then don't you think that some of the stars in that disc would be revealed as points of light? Something like a loose star cluster (Pleiades, for example) that show stars wrapped in nebulosity. Obviously that is not the case, in fact the resolution of the Betelgeuse image has revealed some detail on the star, see the link to the APOD in my previous post, a plume of "gas" surrounding the disc.
Well, I have made my point. If you wish to believe that 30 stars could exist in confined sphere in our galactic neighborhood and escape detection then so be it! There seems to me to be no evidence in support of that proposition. Actually, it seems to be untenable.
I think it is better to go with a "capture" model.
Happy New Year!

Binary techniques:
-visual/telescopic
-spectroscopic
-eclipsing
-photometric
-astrometric
see:
https://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve ... _star.html

CharlesChandler

Unread post by CharlesChandler » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:15 pm

nick c wrote:Happy New Year!
You too, my friend.

Cheers!

Volcanoes

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:22 pm

Yeah, Happy New Year any hour now.

Nick, I didn't notice your earlier mention of the problem with a theory of crowded star systems. I also mentioned it before, so I don't know if you or I brought it up first. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the problem.

2 Weak Points
Charles, I paraphrased your theory below. (I start with Mathis' though just because I remember a little about his explanation of why gravity alone cannot lead to accretion. It's similar to yours but I think it has a few ideas included that are worth mentioning.)

I divide it into 6 parts and rate each part on the basis of how much sense it makes to me. A means excellent, B means fair, C means poor. Thus, the third point seems fairly clear, but needs work to explain the filamentation and implosion more clearly for me. I question whether the total forces between opposite charges after the shock wave could be much greater than the shock wave that knocks the sheaths off the grains. Have you made calculations? And regarding the fifth point, if you contend that the smallest body formed in accretion is a star, I question exactly what it is that would prevent smaller CFDL bodies from accreting directly within various parts of GMCs. I think the star systems where exoplanets have been found have not shown more than 2 or 3 stars within them, so I doubt still that star systems would start out crowded, as you contend.

A- 1. MM's paper, Star Formation, explained that gravity alone cannot lead to accretion of star systems.

A- 2. UV light and galactic magnetic fields ionize interstellar dust and atoms, causing positive sheaths to form around negative dust grains.

B- 3. Supernova electric shock waves knock the sheaths off the grains, leading to filamentation and a powerful implosion.

A- 4. Centers of implosion are where plasma streams slam together, condensing into a positive core, which induces an overlying negative layer via electron degeneracy pressure.

A-C 5. Further layers may be induced or accreted, forming a planet or star, containing several CFDLs, or current-free double-layers.

A- 6. The CFDLs explain most features of the Sun and several features of planets.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:05 pm

Charles, do you happen to know of any images of supercritical plasma in a lab, like that in the photosphere, that shows a distinct surface in double layers? I'd like to have images to show the difference between a distinct electric plasma surface and a fuzzy gravitational atmosphere.