Leo Vuyk's Comet Hypothesis

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

nick c
Site Admin

Re: Leo Vuyk's Comet Hypothesis

Unread post by nick c » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Leo Vuyk,

This topic has been split from a thread on the "Electric Universe - Planetary Science" board which is reserved for the discussion of topics in the published material of the Electric Universe.

Personal speculations and theories should be put on this sub forum (NIAMI board).

leo vuyk

Re: NASA admits moon-satelite discharge occurred

Unread post by leo vuyk » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:18 pm

If you really think that article is accurate then I believe we've lost you. Why invent dark matter, dark energy, Higgs particles and such when good 'ol fashioned plasma physics works just fine? You have a charged body traveling through an increasing voltage potentional, that's it.
Luckely next November 2014, we have Rosetta lander Philae to observe what the reality of Comets look like.

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:53 am

Leo, what prediction does your hypothesis make? :?
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

leo vuyk

Unread post by leo vuyk » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:11 am

Sparky wrote:Leo, what prediction does your hypothesis make? :?
Sparky,
see: Evidence for Electric Dark Matter Black Hole dust production inside Comets like 67P,C-G.
http://vixra.org/pdf/1410.0039v2.pdf

Armand

Unread post by Armand » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:32 am

dog_star_dreamer.jpg
I am going to go out on a limb and make a prediction on the up coming Rosetta/Philae comet landing.

I suspect that comets are highly charged electrostatic bodies - very similar to a big Van de Graff generator.

If I'm right, the Philae lander will most likely get zapped by a large electrical discharge as it approaches the surface of the comet - potentially crippling the lander.
Spark_by_Van_de_Graaff_Gen.jpg
On this one, I really hope I'm wrong...

I would like to see the lander successfully anchor itself to the comet's surface and do some cutting edge science.

Keep your fingers crossed... Cheers...
"If you want to understand the Lost Technology of Ancient Egypt, study
(Electrical) Storms, Soap Bubbles and Solitons."
- Cashus the Giant

antosarai

Unread post by antosarai » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:34 am

Armand wrote:I suspect that comets are highly charged electrostatic bodies - very similar to a big Van de Graff generator.

If I'm right, the Philae lander will most likely get zapped by a large electrical discharge as it approaches the surface of the comet - potentially crippling the lander.
Per Electric Comet Theory, why should the comet and the probe have different charges, considering they've been for quite a while in the same solar orbit?

leo vuyk

Unread post by leo vuyk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:50 am

antosarai wrote:
Armand wrote:I suspect that comets are highly charged electrostatic bodies - very similar to a big Van de Graff generator.

Per Electric Comet Theory, why should the comet and the probe have different charges, considering they've been for quite a while in the same solar orbit?
I assume that the esa engineers have been aware of the spark possibility by the design and building of the lander.
Deep impact on Wild 2 has been the tell tale .
see: http://www.holoscience.com/wp/comet-tem ... ng-impact/

leo vuyk

Unread post by leo vuyk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:01 am

What esa measured already:

Dimensions (small lobe) 2.5 x 2.5 x 2.0 km
Dimensions (large lobe) 4.1 x 3.2 x 1.3 km
Rotation 12.4043 hours
Spin axis Right ascension: 69 degrees; Declination: 64 degrees
Mass 10^13 kg
Volume 25 km^3
Density 0.4 g/cm^3
Water vapour production rate 300 ml/sec (Jun 2014); 1–5 l/sec (Jul-Aug 2014) !!!
This is three glasses of water! per second.

Surface temperature 205–230K (Jul-Aug 2014)
Subsurface temperature 30–160K (Aug 2014)
Gases detected Water, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, ammonia, methane, methanol
Dust grains A few tens of microns to a few hundreds of microns

leo vuyk

Unread post by leo vuyk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:21 am

It seems that the water vapour coming from the comet vary from 1-5 litre per second, which I expect as originated by the the vapour jets observed from the neck.

"The MIRO team reported measurements made during the past three months that show that the amount of water vapour coming from the comet appears to vary as the nucleus rotates. They have measured a maximum rate of about 5 litres per second being lost by the comet, with an average rate of roughly 1 litre per second. This is markedly more than the comparatively modest rate of 300 millilitres per second measured in June."

http://blogs.esa.int/rosetta/2014/09/15 ... er-vapour/

antosarai

Unread post by antosarai » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:34 am

leo vuyk wrote:I assume that the esa engineers have been aware of the spark possibility by the design and building of the lander.
Rosetta project began on 1993 and was launched on March, 2004.

Deep Impact to Wild 2 was on July 4th, 2005. How could any of its tales be used on Rosetta's design?

Besides, Deep Impact was certainly in quite a different solar orbit than Wild 2.

leo vuyk

Unread post by leo vuyk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:30 am

antosarai wrote:
leo vuyk wrote:I assume that the esa engineers have been aware of the spark possibility by the design and building of the lander.
Rosetta project began on 1993 and was launched on March, 2004.

Deep Impact to Wild 2 was on July 4th, 2005. How could any of its tales be used on Rosetta's design?

Besides, Deep Impact was certainly in quite a different solar orbit than Wild 2.
Ha Ha my stupid fault sorry.
conclusion, it may become tricky

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:14 am

"The MIRO team reported measurements made during the past three months that show that the amount of water vapour coming from the comet appears to vary as the nucleus rotates.
What are they detecting? H2O from the comet or H2O surrounding the comet? What chemical reaction would produce water near the comet?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

leo vuyk

Unread post by leo vuyk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 pm

Sparky wrote:
"The MIRO team reported measurements made during the past three months that show that the amount of water vapour coming from the comet appears to vary as the nucleus rotates.
What are they detecting? H2O from the comet or H2O surrounding the comet? What chemical reaction would produce water near the comet?
What do you judge for yourself?
see: http://blogs.esa.int/rosetta/2014/10/03 ... et-67pc-g/

leo vuyk

Unread post by leo vuyk » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:12 am

New measurements of ions from comet 67P show already ( so long before entering strong solar influence) an unsuspected wealth of atoms.

see:
http://blogs.esa.int/rosetta/2014/10/23 ... of-67pc-g/
"ROSINA has detected many more molecules. Indeed, as of our 11 September report, ROSINA’s inventory of detected gases 67P/C-G looked like this:
Water (H2O)
Carbon monoxide (CO)
Carbon dioxide (CO2)
Ammonia (NH3)
Methane (CH4)
Methanol (CH3OH)
But today we can report that the following have also been detected:
Formaldehyde (CH2O)
Hydrogen sulphide (H2S2)
Hydrogen cyanide (HCN)
Sulphur dioxide (SO2)
Carbon disulphide (CS2)"

Sparky

Unread post by Sparky » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:58 am

What quantities?

What would dissociate CH2O? Solar wind?